PDA

View Full Version : Deploying to Bahrain

AdminAssassin
02-21-11, 06:08 PM
I am going on my first deployment pretty soon, May actually, and it's to Bahrain. I was curious as to what's in the country pertaining to the type of installation(s) that are there, whether it be USMC, Navy, etc. I'll be working as admin while I'm there augmenting an active duty unit. Also, any tips on what I can do for family readiness would be appreciated also as I'm married and have a 3 yr old. Thanks Marines and Semper Fi...

LCpl Harris

devilbones2
02-21-11, 06:34 PM
You will be on the NSA Manama, its a pretty cool Navy base. I dont think you can bring your wife. There are some cool things to see but its a small place. Good luck, have fun and stay out of trouble.

AdminAssassin
02-21-11, 09:05 PM
Well I'll only be there six months I knew I couldn't bring family anyways. Thanks for the bit of info. Is that a command center for a navy fleet or something?

TheReservist
02-21-11, 09:11 PM
have you ever gotten an opsec, at/fp, persec brief there devil?

thediesel713
02-21-11, 09:21 PM
Loose lips sink ships.

civgrunt05
02-21-11, 10:19 PM
You just sank the entire 5th Fleet, Devil Dog.

semperfiman
02-21-11, 10:22 PM
abdul is watching

haebyungdae
02-22-11, 08:44 AM
Do a simple Google search, you should be able to find all the information that you need in regards to the installation. And, you always have your COC you can ask. GlobalSecurity.org is a reference and NSA Manama has their own website, but it is more tailored for the Navy side it seems.

Furthermore, nobody has violated OPSEC or any other security safeguards on this thread, as of yet. Just don't tell us exact dates or specific mission details. Be careful who you talk to out there and what you say to them. Information you disclose to persons in country will be more of a possible security violation then asking for our help or disclosing a unit name on this forum.

AdminAssassin
02-22-11, 09:09 AM
Thanks for that info Sgt(haebyungdae), I actually requested to have the thread removed though. I just won't post anything else online about it. I know details other than what I posted but I know not to give certain things out, contrary to what others might think. I only gave enough info for people to give me advice and help me out but some NCO's would rather jump all over me about something than to help out a junior Marine.