PDA

View Full Version : NO C&P, NO GAF required...and other tidbits from the front

Sgt Leprechaun
02-21-11, 12:45 AM
After hearing absolutely nada, nothing, zero from the VA other than the usual 'we need more info' letters (Provided in a timely fashion) I finally took the advice of knowledgeable folks here and put in an IRIS complaint through the VA website. Done via email. Quite frankly I didn't hold out much hope but figured 'what the hey'.

Well, for whatever it was worth, they CALLED me within 48 hours and explained a few things:

Despite the fact I had/have heard nothing, the whole case is moving foward. I specifically asked why I had not been scheduled for a C&P exam, the nice lady advised that I didn't need one....as I was being treated by both the VA (VA help center) and my doctor, and they had obtained those records, which backed up my medical records.

The reason it is taking so long is the following:
"We have not received your stressor verification from the JSRRC, this can be a lengthy process..."

This is the "Joint Service Records Research Center". Apparently not the most efficient of outfits. Nonetheless, according to both the phonecon AND the followup email, once JSSRC verifies me, then it's off to the rating board. We'll see how long THAT takes.

What I found interesting is that I don't need a C&P.

Also, according to research I was doing, GAF scores are no longer (as of 2003) required for PTSD claims. (Was wondering why my counselor didn't put one on mine..).

So, there you have it....October 2009 and counting.....

Any bets on how long the board takes? I'm thinkin that this is going to stretch to close to 2 years.....

Hey, at least one thing we now know....the IRIS system will get you a human, and within 48 hours.

DocGreek
02-21-11, 07:58 AM
LEP, I'm sorry that your claim has been such a pain in the AZZ! I was originally counseled by a state VA rep, who went over the details of exactly what evidence I needed to "prove" my claim. I used my DD214, DD215, After Action Reports, my 201 file, and a Physicians Summary, to add support.
My first claim was submitted by that VA rep, and I received 50%, to start with.....had waited almost 6 months for a decision!
I HOPE you have good luck with your claim!
SEMPER FI.......Doc Greek.....:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-23-11, 05:29 PM
Thanks Doc! I'm hoping that it all works out, and I'm trying to be patient. I submitted a MOUND of paperwork with my claim, medical records, etc etc. I was told to basically expect this, but it's still frustrating as all hevll.

At the end of the line, it'll be (hopefully) a nice payday.

DocGreek
02-23-11, 05:36 PM
LEP.....I WILL light a candle for you!!.....D/G

Sgt Leprechaun
02-23-11, 06:32 PM
Thanks Doc...all help appreciated!!!