PDA

View Full Version : BUMED Waiver

Darklordit
02-20-11, 06:45 PM
Hey guys so I need help badly. I have been trying to get into the marine corps
For about 7 months now. I have been doing the DEP unenlisted and been doing awsome and I have had no problems in the workouts.I went to MEPS and was disqualified on three accounts. One I failed the hearing test. Two I had a vascular ring surgery and third the doctor thought I had ryanuds syndrome. So I got a note from doctors suing that I'm fine and should have no problems at all. Also the reason I failed he hearing test is because I had an infection during the hearing test at MEPS and is fine now. My hands do turn red but I got a note saying that it is not A problem. I also got a note saying that my vascular ring surgery is gone and have no problems. So my question is what are my chances on getting it approved?
Other info:
1.5 mile: my time is 11:34
2 min crunches: 70ish
Pull ups:8

usmcmsf
02-20-11, 06:52 PM
Hey guys

Hey 'sup dawg.

Darklordit
02-20-11, 06:57 PM
Hey 'sup dawg.

Sorry corporal what I meant to say was. Good evening Marines!

GunRun
02-20-11, 07:38 PM
Well, with the Marine Corps reducing their numbers recently, they can be very picky. You may have a good chance, but don't be shattered if they still shoot you down.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-11, 11:46 PM
Keep us advised....because you'll still need those 3 waivers. I'll be honest...your chances aren't the greatest. However, keep on keepin on. There is NO harm in trying, which it appears you've done.

Tennessee Top
02-21-11, 12:24 AM
One DQ is tough enough these days. Three may be unbeatable. But, you can always try.

BTW: the words Marine Corps are always capitalized.

Good luck.

Darklordit
02-21-11, 06:29 AM
thanks and some more info is that we spent up a MED READ to the doctor for the vascular ring surgery and he did approve it then. But even if the waiver gets denied i still have friends going so im still gonna go every thrusday =)

Sgt Leprechaun
02-23-11, 07:30 PM
Good deal. GREAT attitude. Keep us informed!

Darklordit
04-15-11, 03:13 PM
I just got told that the BUMED waiver was not denied but I need to go and have a psych eval because I was on ADD and it was a trail bases so my thinking is that its heading in the right direction