PDA

View Full Version : I have a huge question!!!

Shellshocked311
02-17-11, 05:35 PM
Okay I have recieved a letter for MEPS saying:

Dear Mr.Talley

This letter notofies you that, as the result of your recent military entrance medical examination at Dallas Military Entrance Processing Station, you have been found ineligiablefor entry into the armed forces of the united states military. The reason for your disqualification is ADHD.

My recruiter sent a waiver to the Marine Corps. But this letter does not tell me if I have been permantly Disqualified due to my condition. My recruiter is on leave so im seeking answers?

RPSmith
02-17-11, 05:50 PM
The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/medicalwaiver.htm)) are an authenticated history of:

Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (314), or Perceptual/Learning Disorder(s) (315) is disqualifying, unless applicant can demonstrate passing academic performance and there has been no use of medication(s) in the previous 12 months.

According to this, if you have been taking medication within the last year, you are Permanately Disqualified, hence the reason your recruiter requested a waiver. If you can gather enough evidence to prove that the condition no longer effects you, the waiver MAY be approved...However, no one on here can tell you if it will or not.

Shellshocked311
02-17-11, 07:49 PM
Like I said I havent taken any medication in the past 5 years, and I have all my papers from my doctor and a letter saying I no longer require my medication but my academics suffered severly my freshman and sophmore years.

RPSmith
02-17-11, 08:58 PM
Ah I wasn't aware that you had made another thread before this, now I see where you said that you are no longer on the medication.
The standards that I quoted in my first reply are quite likely outdated... as you probably know, enlistment standards have gotten stricter since the Marine Corps is reducing its numbers. Therefore, even though you've been off the medication for 5 years, you're still PDQ'd. As I said before, you need to collect enough evidence to show that the condition no longer effects you if you want to get the waiver granted.

Zulu 36
02-17-11, 09:06 PM
Just wait for your recruiter to get back. He's really the only one who can give you the odds.

Shellshocked311
02-18-11, 05:39 PM
Well here's another question, not sure if you would know anything about this but il just ask for my benefit. What if a waiver is not granted to me can I join the army for 2 years and then comeback to enlist in the Marine Corps or am I out forever?

Lisa 23
02-18-11, 06:08 PM
Geeeeesh....go and ask a recruiter already.
I know this is the Ask A Marine forum, but the same questions over and over and over.........

Wyoming
02-18-11, 06:09 PM
Same answer. Recruiter!

Trucrimsongold
02-18-11, 06:28 PM
Okay I have recieved a letter for MEPS saying:

Dear Mr.Talley

This letter notofies you that, as the result of your recent military entrance medical examination at Dallas Military Entrance Processing Station, you have been found ineligiablefor entry into the armed forces of the united states military. The reason for your disqualification is ADHD.

My recruiter sent a waiver to the Marine Corps. But this letter does not tell me if I have been permantly Disqualified due to my condition. My recruiter is on leave so im seeking answers?

Short answer sometimes your honesty in your disclosure will screw you in the end. Sometimes it never pays to be honest to the government about a thing I know that is sad to say.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-18-11, 10:24 PM
To answer the last question, no.