PDA

View Full Version : When should I go talk to a recruiter?

JohnTx12
02-17-11, 03:05 PM
I'm currently 17 and graduating high school in May. I'm wanting to go through a program after high school next January and then enlist in the Marines.

My question is when would be the best time to go talk to a recruiter and get the process going? I'm not sure when the boot camps start but I would not be able to go any earlier then like March or April 2012.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

DrZ
02-17-11, 03:10 PM
John,
Go talk to the recruiter now and outline what you are looking to do. He really will not be able to assist you until you graduate and hit 18 but he might let you start working out with the poolees to get in the best shape you can as early as possible.

If you want to succeed in the Marine Corps, just do your best at everything you do. Both in civilian life and in the Marines.

Good luck to you.

JohnTx12
02-17-11, 03:17 PM
Alright thanks!

Do you know how/when the boot camps start?

GunRun
02-17-11, 03:35 PM
The actual question is when don't they start. A Training Company picks up every week on Monday.

DrZ
02-17-11, 03:37 PM
Alright thanks!

Do you know how/when the boot camps start?

John,
Way too early to be concerned about when things start. Just go talk to the recruiter. When you hit 18, if you are found acceptable, you will be placed in a delayed entry pool. You will be given a battery of tests and will be given a ship date. After that, everything is just a matter of time.

Don't rush this early in the game. Goto the Marine Corps web page and do some research on recruit training and you will find many of your answers.

Tennessee Top
02-17-11, 04:30 PM
Better to start earlier than later.

Good luck.