PDA

View Full Version : 59xx MOS's and deployments

Hunden97
02-17-11, 03:03 PM
Anyone out there in one of the 5900 MOS's in the last 8 years? My son is following my footsteps and enlisted in the Marine Corps. He graduated Boot Camp on Dec. 3rd from PI. He is currently in Twentynine Palms at the MCCES waiting for his MOS school to start. He won't be getting his exact MOS designation until after he completes the first course titled "Basic Electronics Course". Then he goes to a course called "Aviation Radar Fundamentals". He was on a working party yesterday, and heard from a Corporal that 5900's do not deploy a lot, because he had a buddy in that field who never deployed. My son joined so that he could deploy, and is looking forward to going on a real world op. So, my question is: Is there anyone out there in this MOS field that can let me know if there are a lot of deployable FMF billets for these MOS's? I know it comes down to the individual unit's status, and whether it's a 'base' unit or not. I just want to know his chances of getting into a deployable unit coming out of MOS school where he will have no choice of where he gets stationed. Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. "Edmond"
:iwo: