YourPhoneIsMine
02-17-11, 01:05 PM
http://ploader.net/files/52ea7f008ed105bf01fd4bd95969c294.jpg

rah, am i rite

:marine:

jp2usmc
02-17-11, 01:12 PM
What exactly is going on in this photo?

And... are those Hard Core Devil Dogs standing at attention in the background?

thewookie
02-17-11, 01:13 PM
Reenlistment.

Baker1971
02-17-11, 01:22 PM
The poster is Fatty the Ferret, also known as Your Phone Is Mine, and on the other site, Redworm. The subject of banning over and over again.

YourPhoneIsMine
02-17-11, 01:31 PM
excuse me but there are no spaces in those usernames :usmc:

TheReservist
02-17-11, 01:31 PM
I just find it funny that the guys in formation are pasty white.

GunRun
02-17-11, 01:54 PM
that is a sweet uniform of the day.

This is also what Aloha Friday should look like.

usmcmsf
02-17-11, 01:57 PM
I just find it funny that the guys in formation are pasty white.

LOL, You would think they'd be a little tanner, huh? Also, they're pretty soft around the midsection.

AlohaMarine
02-18-11, 02:54 AM
Of course they're pasty and soft. They're in a unit with females.

I wonder if that chick yells at grunt NCOs for "swearing" too much...

wildwoman73
02-18-11, 04:58 AM
Of course they're pasty and soft. They're in a unit with females.

I wonder if that chick yells at grunt NCOs for "swearing" too much...
Dirty...juuuuuuuuust dirty.

Gunz
02-18-11, 08:53 AM
I request this post be closed... below is an email I received that the SajMaj sent out.

SgtsMaj, MGySgts, CMDCMs,

I received numerous e-mails on this photo of a CWO reenlisting a Marine in
inappropriate attire. I ask that you hold PMEs and utilize this incident as
an example of what not to do. Where were the SNCOs/NCOs to stand-up and say
"this is not the right thing to do for our Corps?" This is a lesson on what
happens when the leadership allows our standards, ethos, and all those
things that separate us from every other military service in the world to be
violated. The Marines leadership is addressing this issue. This photo is
all around the world and I would ask that you do not forward this e-mail
with the inappropriate photo. Thanks. Semper Fi.

SgtMaj Kent
</pre>

jp2usmc
02-18-11, 09:02 AM
Yeah, freedom of speech is a bad thing.

TheReservist
02-18-11, 09:10 AM
What exactly is wrong with the picture?

I thought that Marines were able to choose where and how their reenlistment ceremonies went?

USMC.mil has covered several of those like this similar reenlistment done in civies too.

http://www.usmc.mil/unit/mcaspendleton/Pages/mtnrenl.aspx

thewookie
02-18-11, 09:21 AM
I request this post be closed... below is an email I received that the SajMaj sent out.

SgtsMaj, MGySgts, CMDCMs,

I received numerous e-mails on this photo of a CWO reenlisting a Marine in
inappropriate attire. I ask that you hold PMEs and utilize this incident as
an example of what not to do. Where were the SNCOs/NCOs to stand-up and say
"this is not the right thing to do for our Corps?" This is a lesson on what
happens when the leadership allows our standards, ethos, and all those
things that separate us from every other military service in the world to be
violated. The Marines leadership is addressing this issue. This photo is
all around the world and I would ask that you do not forward this e-mail
with the inappropriate photo. Thanks. Semper Fi.

SgtMaj Kent

</PRE>

That is too bad the SgtMaj feels that way. I did my reenlistment at the top of a rappel tower in NTA on Oki -- camo'd up in boots and utes. Back in my day, the SNMarine had their choice. I don't think that picture degrades or does anything to promote a bad image of the Corps. I didn't know the SgtMaj was so PC -- I might have lost a little respect for him after that.

jp2usmc
02-18-11, 09:24 AM
I don't think that picture degrades or does anything to promote a bad image of the Corps.

Well, except for those pasty-white, flabby-chested Marines. LOL

Marine3451
02-18-11, 09:26 AM
To the OP Marine that posted this picture. This picture was sent out in offical email as what not to do in the Marine Corps and was NOT meant to be posted on a public forum. If in fact you are still on active duty this is the first time I can honestly say I wish I knew your Name and command so I could forward this to your Chain of Command. If a Mod comes along this post should not only be closed but deleted from the forum as we do not need the General Public viewing this.

thewookie
02-18-11, 09:29 AM
To the OP Marine that posted this picture. This picture was sent out in offical email as what not to do in the Marine Corps and was NOT meant to be posted on a public forum. If in fact you are still on active duty this is the first time I can honestly say I wish I knew your Name and command so I could forward this to your Chain of Command. If a Mod comes along this post should not only be closed but deleted from the forum as we do not need the General Public viewing this.

Very interesting, thanks for that gouge. It figures Fatty would be behind it,,,,, :confused: But for the record,,, I still don't think it is over the top. But I'm not the boss!

Marine3451
02-18-11, 09:33 AM
I can't state my personal opinion either way but It ****ed alot of higher ups off and I feel Marines should post content from offical email on a public forum

TheReservist
02-18-11, 09:35 AM
The email was neither FOUO or secret..... also, nobody actually says why the pic is unsat.

YourPhoneIsMine
02-18-11, 09:41 AM

haha

this picture was on facebook long before it was sent out in an official email

Frankydp
02-18-11, 09:51 AM
4109. REENLISTMENT CEREMONY. Reenlistment is a major event in the career of
an enlisted Marine. An appropriate, meaningful ceremony should be held. The
immediate commanding officer should preside. The following procedures are
considered appropriate:
1. The Marine's desire regarding the time and location of the ceremony;
family, special guests, and fellow Marines to be invited; a particular
officer to administer the oath. Any commissioned officer in a regular,
reserve, or retired status in the U.S. Armed Forces may administer the oath
of enlistment.
2. Photographic coverage of the ceremony with copies of the prints presented
to the Marine. Press releases may be forwarded to station, hometown, and
local newspapers.
3. A brief social gathering for the Marine and guests following the ceremony.
4. Grant special liberty or leave as soon as possible following the
reenlistment ceremony.

Nothing in here about uniforms.

Gunz
02-18-11, 09:54 AM
Nothing in here about uniforms.

My guess is there will be a look at this order in the coming days and months. There will probably be changes coming soon.

Frankydp
02-18-11, 10:03 AM
Difficult to change do to over reaching DOD policy on enlistments and reenlistments. Also difficult to force uniform policy for swearing in ceremony due to assessions not being department members prior to joining. Hence the reenlisting service member not technically being a service member between termination and reinstatement of enlistment.

Gunz
02-18-11, 10:08 AM
Difficult to change do to over reaching DOD policy on enlistments and reenlistments. Also difficult to force uniform policy for swearing in ceremony due to assessions not being department members prior to joining. Hence the reenlisting service member not technically being a service member between termination and reinstatement of enlistment.

Good point.

Wyoming
02-18-11, 10:17 AM
My only thought, re; inapproprate attire, is the fact that the CWO, once back in uniform, will be hiding or covering NOTHING.

I envision her being eye ****ed and several folks getting in trouble for looking/staring in the wrong directions.

Just a thought, can now 2 DADT's stand together holding hands while their butt shagger re-ups?

My opinion only.

AlohaMarine
02-18-11, 10:39 AM
I'm glad the Sgt Maj Kent and I are on the same page.

However, unless you've been stationed in Hawaii you really have no idea what the "uniform regs" here are like.

I mean, I didnt even know we had to wear shirts til I went TAD to Okinawa a few months ago.

AlohaMarine
02-18-11, 10:41 AM
Dirty...juuuuuuuuust dirty.

I'm sorry. You know wildwoman I have a question.

I am a complete dick to female Marines. In fact, you could almost say that I hate them. Their sense of entitlement, their laziness, their attitude...drives me crazy.

But why are they so attracted to me?

Marine1011
02-18-11, 10:48 AM
I guess some are attracted to losers.

Marine1011
02-18-11, 10:49 AM
Regarding the photo, I can name at least two hundred things the Corps could be more concerned about.

YourPhoneIsMine
02-18-11, 10:55 AM
I'm glad the Sgt Maj Kent and I are on the same page.

However, unless you've been stationed in Hawaii you really have no idea what the "uniform regs" here are like.

I mean, I didnt even know we had to wear shirts til I went TAD to Okinawa a few months ago.
technically you don't, the order says if an undershirt is worn it has to be green but it doesn't specify that an undershirt must be worn :D

Marine3451
02-18-11, 10:56 AM
Again personal feelings aside the SgtMaj. of the Marine Corps expressed his opinion that this is UnSat so Its not my place disagree with the opinion. But consider this you are a Marine at the...

YourPhoneIsMine
02-18-11, 11:00 AM
Not everyone got that message from the smaj, plus it says he's asking people not to forward the email. Plus this isn't an email :nerd: <br />
<br />
<br />
Not everyone re-enlists immediately upon being read the...

TheReservist
02-18-11, 11:09 AM
I can disagree with any opinion I want to, as a Marine or otherwise, an order is a different story though. <br />
<br />
While those at the top are upset and believe that this is wrong. There is no order...

Marine1011
02-18-11, 11:12 AM
How is a blown up photo or likeness of a check anything like a lottery won by magical means???????? It's a check he got for reenlisting. He's not reaching into some lottery basket and pulling out a number==-we are sooooooo sensitive about nearly everything No wonder we live in the Age of Fear, where everyone is afraid to think, act, offend, not offend, wish, dream, always looking over our shoulders. What a sad way to live, eh?
Age of Fear. Marine Corps fearful of what the photo "says" to others. People afraid of saying it is okay. Afraid of this and that. Scary.

Gunz
02-18-11, 11:16 AM
HarperJim, I think he was just posting the photo to show Marines reenlist in civilian attire and he did not see anything wrong with it.

Gunz
02-18-11, 11:17 AM
HarperJim, I think he was just posting the photo to show Marines reenlist in civilian attire and he did not see anything wrong with it.

As I was, I just read the bottom of his post.

Marine1011
02-18-11, 11:25 AM
His views were that the reenlistment photo depicted the reenlistment as a kind of lottery winning, won by magical means, as stated, and I was saying that no, actually what it depicts is someone receiving a bonus for reenlisting, and nothing more.
We read things into photos and posts all the time, depending on what we want to see there or don't want to see there. That's why the photo that the Marine Corps does not want shown, is seen to be a horrible photo, when in reality, it is a photo of people out of uniform, perhaps, reenlisting. It's not taken in some brothel somewhere, or in a restroom, so we see things in photos according to our high high standards of what should be and what should not be.
Cut it short? Everyone is displeased by SOMETHING. That's just human nature. The trick is for us to be a little more discriminating about what outrages us. There's enough foolishness in the world to go around without scowling at relatively harmless things.

TheReservist
02-18-11, 11:33 AM
It's a non-cashable check that probably cost in itself about $300 to be made. But you are correct that it's absurd that I get upset over a giant check.

Marine1011
02-18-11, 11:37 AM
Yes, the recipient is hopefully well aware that if he presented that "check" at a bank, he would be placed in a facility for observation.
But we all have our pet peeves, all of us. And there's nothing unusual or wrong about that. And we're all "guilty", so to speak, of going overboard over small matters, the big big matters being really too worrisome to even think about sometimes. We cannot change the economy, but we can make sure a chevron is not out of place by a hundredth of a centimeter. We can't change who we elected, but we can be sure we identify a poser on an Internet site. It's all related to things we can change and can't change, and we tend to focus on relatively unimportant things. We all do this. Completely natural to do so.

JeffG
02-18-11, 11:49 AM
I couldn't give a **** less what they wear or what they're doing...the glowing white fattys are kinda embarrassing though :D

Muztang11
02-18-11, 03:04 PM
Looking at the picture,The Marine re-uping looks to be possibly either a local(Hawaiian) or other pacific islander, As part of their traditions many ceremonies take place in the water(weddings, etc.) I don't see anything disrespectful about the picture.

Old Marine
02-18-11, 04:33 PM
Last time I checked, which, by the way was long before most on here were born, there were three ways to get things accomplished.

The right way.
The wrong way.
The Marine Corps way.

This by all appearances seems to not have anything to do with military bearing. Thus, I call it a farce. Would have never happened when I was active duty.

YourPhoneIsMine
02-18-11, 05:51 PM
isn't there something disturbing with the notion that the marine corps way and the right way aren't the same thing?

Old Marine
02-18-11, 06:01 PM
Being that you are a troll, I knew you didn't have the G-2 to understand what was posted.

Wyoming
02-18-11, 06:03 PM
isn't there something disturbing with the notion that the marine corps way and the right way aren't the same thing?

Not really. What is to say the Marine Corps way is NOT the right way?

YourPhoneIsMine
02-18-11, 06:05 PM
Being that you are a troll, I knew you didn't have the G-2 to understand what was posted.

lolwut. instead of busting out the motard by referring to it as "G-2" instead of the proper term like a rational human being why can't you acknowledge that maybe the fact that the "Marine Corps way" isn't the right way is a problem?

Not really. What is to say the Marine Corps way is NOT the right way?

maybe sometimes it is. that's the point; the notion that there's a right way, a wrong way and then our way is not something to live up to. anytime our way is not the right way we should examine why that is and make corrections.

Marine1011
02-18-11, 06:08 PM
There is something even more disturbing than that, YourPhoneIsMine, and that is that you have been banned from this site numerous times, you are Fatty the Ferret, Redworm on the other site, Italian Beef, numerous other usernames, and although you are active duty all you do is put down the Marine Corps, hell, can't even capitalize the words, and moan and groan all day and think you know it all.
How's that for sizing you up? Pretty accurate?
And who are you to make corrections to anything? The only thing that needs correcting is your attitude.

YourPhoneIsMine
02-18-11, 06:13 PM
All I do is put down the Marine Corps? You are so very wrong about that. So no, pretty inaccurate. Please try again.

as for capitalization, sometimes I don't feel like hitting the shift key.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7452/kobeumadf.jpg

I am me to make corrections. Your attitude needs adjusting. Correct it! :evilgrin:

MUSTANG0369
02-18-11, 09:42 PM
I will weigh in on a few things. First, In my 15 someodd years I have seen a variety of re-enlistments: some original, some standard, and some akward. Here is something to keep in mind. When I was a SNCO, I considered my job to be a keeper of traditions within the Corps, as well as enforcing the rules (sometimes unwritten) within my unit.

Number 1: Last time i checked a commissioned officer had to administer the enlistment oath. Our sea lawyers failed to miss this glaring fact.

Number 2: If that picture looks professional, leave the Corps now, as quickly as possible.

Number 3: Since when does a SgtMaj need to have a written order to enforce common sense. It pains me to hear junior Marines say that because it is not specifically stated in an order, they can do as they please. SNCOs are the keepers of traditions, end of story. If they say to do something, then do it. If you don't like it get promoted or get out.

After all, they were in Hawaii, what better place than the Arizona Memorial for such a fitting occasion?

Marine1011
02-18-11, 09:47 PM
Only a photograph.

Vietvet1968
02-18-11, 11:07 PM
Marine3451, I know policies &amp; procedures change over time but in 1970 when I was discharged I was told that for the next 24hrs. I was still under Military Juridiction. Wouldn't that cover the way I...