PDA

View Full Version : Question about RE-3O?

Semper Letalis
02-16-11, 10:32 AM
I was flagged for recruiting so I filled out the package and submitted it to the Career Planner. A few days later I received orders for Combat Replacement to a unit that was deployed so I departed to join the unit in Afghanistan. The Career Planner told me the recruiting orders would stay in the system and I could reenlist to execute orders when I returned from the deployment. When I returned there were no orders in the system so I started another package to go recruiting again. Before my package was completed the Career Planner at my present unit told me I have orders for MCT Instructor in the system and I explained what had happened and told him I wanted to execute the recruiting orders but he said he couldn't do anything. Now they are telling me I am going to have to sign RE-3O because I refused PCA orders and I can't extend to deploy again with my unit but nowhere in the manual does it say you have to sign RE-3O for PCA orders, only PCS or UDP. I really want to extend with my unit and then go recruiting but they're telling me I can either get out or execute the MCT Instructor orders. . .Can anyone help me?

Quinbo
02-16-11, 10:54 AM
Are you first term or carreer?

Semper Letalis
02-16-11, 12:34 PM
I'm a Career Marine. I have been in for 8 years and my EAS is in April. I have been trying to take care of this but I'm not getting a lot of help.

Quinbo
02-16-11, 04:45 PM
Sadly the cold hard truth is if a carreer Marine wishes to re enlist it has to be for orders.