PDA

View Full Version : 2nd LAR

Drill for life
02-15-11, 08:31 PM
SO I graduate crewmans course thrusday as an 0313 and I'm going to 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance battalion, has any other MArine been in the unit, there deploying in april and our schools SNCOIC told us there gonna pick 17 entry level 0313's to so what can I do to improve my chances of getting deployed?

Sgt Leprechaun
02-15-11, 08:34 PM
High PFT...Excellent MOS skills, High test scores, and being squared away. I'm not an 0313 but that is what EVERY unit looks for.

dback13
02-16-11, 06:57 AM
Not be a retard, know your job and listen to what your seniors have to teach you.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-18-11, 10:28 PM
And sometimes, the 'simple' really is the BEST answer.

fpdesignco
02-20-11, 04:22 AM
Good luck, I came from 2dLAR before I left for MSG. BTW those (17) Marines leaving to go to Afghanistan is first of all OPSEC, second of all, there is no way that they know that seeing that kind of stuff gets changed every week depending on a number of factors. You have no choice of where you are going, you will be assigned a company before you even get there, good luck and listen to your seniors, 2dlar has been to just about every major combat operation you can think of from Panama to Marjah listen TO YOUR LEADERS. Last but not least, stay away from Jacksonville strip clubs ( I don't know why I say this because you wont)

S/F

Daedalus2040
05-05-11, 10:37 AM
Best advice I can give you, learn the vehicle and LEARN THE GUN. Learn everything you can about that vehicle and don't do something stupid like putting 90w in the engine. Be proactive. When you get to 2nd LAR, talk to your gunner and ask him to teach you about the turret.

http://signatures.myarmedforces.com/images/12/28119/military_signature.png (http://www.myarmedforces.com)

lavgunman
05-06-11, 06:48 PM
Don't worry you will deploy, 2nd LAR has had a high OP tempo since the war started. Best thing is work your butt off on knowing the Vehicle, and the Gun. And do not let the 3 year LCpl keep you down, do your Job and you will be known for it. It is a small world in LAR and your Name will be known.

Tennessee Top
05-06-11, 07:15 PM
Excellent advice from those who have been there.

The keys to being noticed and getting ahead in any outfit are stay squared-away, know your job, work hard every day, improve (don't just maintain), and stay out of trouble. Sounds simple enough.

Good luck to you.