PDA

View Full Version : Questions on 0621 MOS school Not sure if right section.

srdMC21
02-15-11, 03:20 PM
So I just graduated from boot last friday (Feb 11 2011). I graduated with the MOS of a 0621 Field Radio Opperator. Im curious about the MOS school. How long is it? What all we do? And I heard its in 29 palms, is that true? Not worried about anything, 0621 was my 2nd choice. Just curious how MOS school will be. Im pretty pumped for it

Any info appriciated

srdMC21
02-17-11, 11:38 AM
Common theirs gotta be some 0621's on here that can help me.

Browny35
02-27-11, 05:52 PM
Hi, I'm a 0621, graduated Comm school 09, FROC 02-10.. Directors Award

Yes its 29 Palms, and it isn't as bad as people say it is. Depending on how quick you get picked up in a FROC it shouldnt be more than 3 months. Get ready for some motivating PT and MCMAP, that's about all you do besides classes. It's not bad, I've had some of the funnest times in COMM school. You'll enjoy yourself, and Congrats, Semper Fidelis

Browny35
02-27-11, 05:58 PM
Oh and make sure while your in your FROC course.. be sure to have your instructors go in depth about "record jackets"...

My instructors didn't tell us **** about them and I got to the fleet and had to do record jackets like half of the time I was tasked out.. Retarded and tedious.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-11, 12:24 AM
Moved to the squad bay. Probably get some more answers. I went through FROC waaay too long ago to be of much use to you, but I will tell you that I was completely and totally UNimpressed with the schoolhouse at the time, they didn't teach me a G-dammed thing about my job. Nada. When I got to the FMF it was "Yeah, we know, FROC didn't teach that did they?" It was literally 100 percent OJT.

The only thing I really learned there was how to set up an OE-254.

That....was it.

Hopefully that has changed now...

Record jackets....yeeeek. Gads how I hated those davmn things.

I was lucky though, I went right to a 'victor' unit and was made the Training NCO from almost the day I checked in....eventually was a Platoon Sergeant, a job I loved. Pulled plenty of radio watch in the FMF too...

benw2200
03-01-11, 09:00 PM
+1 on the record jacket thing... my Corporal looked at me like I had the proverbial d*ck growing on my head when I told him I didn't know what one was back when I first checked in..

oldtop
03-02-11, 11:08 AM
FROC should be between 8 and 12 weeks. The most important things you will be taught there is operating procedures, and set up and maintenance of the equipment. Everything else you will learn OJT after you hit the fleet. As far as record jeckets go, the only thing a newbie really needs to know is how to properly complete the PM checklist. The folder SHOULD be maintained and kept current by your Radio Chief, and there is an entire course for this taught in the Radio Chief Course.