PDA

View Full Version : Life as a tank crewman VS infantry?

Adamite1114
02-15-11, 01:50 PM
I plan on enlisting almost immediately after graduating high school (I'm a junior) and I'm trying to decide which MOS I'd like to pursue once i join. Any info will be helpful. After about four years of that MOS i then hope to request for MARSOC and go through Selection.

So any info on Tanks, Infantry, or MARSOC would be a lot of help. Thank you.

GunRock0811
02-15-11, 04:28 PM
I'm not positive about contracts today, but when I enlisted in 05, I was told a person couldn't be guranteed tanks. You would sign up for combat support and then either be placed in tanks, artillery, laad gunner, and I can't remember what else exactly. Things may be different now though. Talk to a recruiter.

Devil1087
02-15-11, 07:08 PM
MARSOC is overrated, if you think you're hot sh*t ricky recon material, go buy the Army's BS that they can feed you. Fact is that nothing but infantry can be guaranteed for you. It's a hard life, and not just because it's your job to kill people.

Psurichie
02-16-11, 02:20 PM
You about a 1 in 5 chance of getting tanks if you choose it.

michagnu
02-16-11, 02:48 PM
I didn't see any mention of an armored component in MARSOC. I had to look it up because it did not exist when I was in though I could guess what it meant. I was in the infantry and enjoyed it but not everyone does.

Tennessee Top
02-16-11, 02:48 PM
Read the rules for wannabes (pay attention to the one about proper punctuation/capitalization).

You're about to get visited by the black helos.

michagnu
02-16-11, 02:51 PM
People have a tendency to want to be "special" right up until faced with what it takes.

gkmoz
02-16-11, 03:37 PM
I was in amtracs, 1833 MOS and It beats sleepin on the ground every night, your choice ground or nice warm amtrac.

usmcmsf
02-16-11, 03:51 PM
People have a tendency to want to be "special" right up until faced with what it takes.

'Aint that the truth.