PDA

View Full Version : Security Clearance - Overturned?

irpwns
02-14-11, 04:50 PM
Right now, I would probably not get a MOS that has a security clearance due to the fact that I made a dumb mistake with drug charge.(MJ, nolle prosequi) <br />
<br />
Would I be able to get it over turned if I...

Kegler300
02-14-11, 05:22 PM
What was the drug charge? <br />
<br />
ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINE H: DRUG INVOLVEMENT <br />
<br />
24. The Concern. (a) Improper or illegal involvement with drugs raises questions regarding an individual's willingness or...

irpwns
02-14-11, 05:32 PM
The charge was a Possession of a controlled substance (marijuana). But I did fight it in court later on and got it nolle prosequi and dropped to a misconduct. <br />
<br />
Would they allow me to take a...

Kegler300
02-14-11, 05:43 PM
I work with the U.S. Investigative Service and the DON Central Adjudication Facility on a regular basis, and based on your statement, you should have no problem obtaining a security clearance at the secret/top secret level (26 b-c).

Quinbo
02-14-11, 05:52 PM
It would be nol contendre and we speak english here. A one time experimental use waiver is fairly commen. You would need to write a letter "in english" explaining the circumstance and your remorse over a bad jugement and you'll never do it again. Probably need a couple characters references as well. There is a chance but be advised the Marines are currently only accepting the best of the best.

irpwns
02-14-11, 05:59 PM
Thank you! Also, I've never heard nol contendre before. On the actually court papers, it says, "nolle prosequi". And I understand the Marines want the best, but its something to strive for.

Also, whom would I need to address the letter too? The U.S. Investigative Service?

Kegler300
02-14-11, 06:07 PM
Not for the investigation itself, but possibly for an enlistment waiver.

Quinbo
02-14-11, 06:10 PM
Actually who gives a crap who you address it to? To Whom it may concern. Write the letter and give it to your recruiter in triplicate. Appearantly you are just playing word games with latin. No contest = I'm not admitting I did it but don't have proof that I didn't.

Gunz
02-14-11, 06:17 PM
It would be nol contendre and we speak english here. A one time experimental use waiver is fairly commen. You would need to write a letter "in english" explaining the circumstance and your remorse over a bad jugement and you'll never do it again. Probably need a couple characters references as well. There is a chance but be advised the Marines are currently only accepting the best of the best.

In the English language what exactly does commen and jugement mean anyway? I just had to point that out Bulkyker. Just messing with you.:D

irpwns
02-14-11, 06:22 PM
Ahh, thats what you meant. I never plead no contest. I actually plead guilty the first time and then a year later got it nolle prosequi which just means the prosecutor dropped the charges and never...

ggyoung
02-14-11, 06:57 PM
For my 0812 MOS you had to have the top secret clearance before you ever opened a book.

Quinbo
02-14-11, 10:38 PM
In the English language what exactly does commen and jugement mean anyway? I just had to point that out Bulkyker. Just messing with you.:D
My mental spell checker was on vacation. Don't tell my english teacher she might get mad. :bunny:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-14-11, 11:24 PM
One I wouldn't worry about. However, please check the site/poolee rules regarding your avatar. (That is my gentle nudge).

I'm going to let Bulk's little grammar lapse go.....for NOW. :)