PDA

View Full Version : Logistics - Combat Logistics?

McF4DDEN
02-13-11, 07:02 PM
I am a Poolee waiting to graduate high school before I go off to Boot Camp. Currently, my MOS is Logistics 04xx. What exactly is Combat Logistics? I saw something about it and was wondering what they do and how you get into a Combat Logistics unit as opposed to a regular Logistics unit. Also, what MOS specialties would you consider the best in the 04 field? I want a job that will be exciting and possibly one that would have the best chance of getting action in Afghanistan. I just do not want a desk job, logistics seems like a good fit for me. I'd appreciate any answer, thanks in advance.

HOWARDROARK3043
02-13-11, 07:42 PM
1) in boot camp get a 300 pft and shoot expert
2) in school start to volunteer with local groups,,,,
3) first unit standout,,, volunteer ,,, pt,,,,,, umm ----hooking and jabbing
4) your time will come
5) IF YOU ARE THAT EMBARKER THAT WONT LET MY STUFF ON THE CH-53 BECAUSE I CAME 15 MINTUTES LATE SCREW YOU,,,, MY STUFF IS GOING TO A FOP THAT YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE ITS AT,,,,CALL YOUR SGT,,, ----HE IS JUST GOING TO TELL YOU TO LOAD IT,,, SO SKIP A PHONE CALL AND DO AS I SAY,,, YOU ARE NOT GOD BECAUSE YOU ARE AN EMBARKER....,,, SO LOAD MY STUFF ON THE CH-53,,,, AND I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT HAVE H.E. SUPPORT ---YOU GET IN THE 5K AND LOAD IT YOURSELF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry i had a flashback

jackson07
02-13-11, 08:49 PM
I am not even going to start in, but wow. Unnecessary.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-14-11, 11:11 PM
And banned from this section. We don't need that sort of thing here.

Moving on...

Logistics go everywhere, and do everything. However, if it's full time 'rifle totin' you want, this isn't it. But Supply guys (what logisics used to be known as) have to be in all theatres. I knew a couple of embark/logistics types, never really heard them complain. EVERYone wanted to be their pal since they controlled the 'stuff' we all needed.

Embark has a job to do and it's darned important, if the stuff isn't packed right, bad things usually happen.