PDA

View Full Version : Camp Pendleton Field Meet

DudefromDiego
02-13-11, 03:39 PM
So our RSS is going up to Camp Pendleton on the 19th to do some kinda field meet against the other recruiting stations in California (might be the west coast, not sure) but this is my first field meet. If you have been to one of these things before, what can I expect? I've been DEP'ed in since August, so I have a slight idea of what we might be doing up there, but I'm pretty sure we won't be driving up to Pendleton jsut to run an IST. So if you have been to one of these before, could you describe the event? Thanks.

DGarmo
02-13-11, 05:19 PM
I have done a competition with the other RSS in the area. It was called 'The Battle of the West.'

We ran an IST, did parts of the CFT, tug of war, knowledge, ammo can lifts, and other stuff. It was pretty fun but our station only had like 20 people their. So, that's my excuse why we came in last!

Go in there wanting to have fun. Also, our RSS grew together a lot because we all sucked together. It was a really good expierence. We also ended it with MRE's (don't get tuna).

DudefromDiego
02-13-11, 07:01 PM
Well, our RSS has made it mandatory for all Poolees (and a select few guests) to attend, so we're looking at high 30's low 40's for attendance. I myself ain't really good at anything, as I suck horribly at fireman carries, resulting in a 6 minute CFT time. I pass the IST's, but that is jsut it. I barely passed the 1.5 mile run last time for some unknown reason (went backwards 10 seconds) and crunches are modest at best. I don't see why we all have to go, when they could just send all the high flyers. Don't see a reason why Poolee Caine (our lowest scorer on the IST) should go. He is more like a liabilty than an asset. Eh, I'll try to make the most of it.

DGarmo
02-13-11, 07:11 PM
Ts not about that man. Have fun with it. If you win or lose nobodys going to broadcast it to the world or put it in some record book. Its a way to bring the RSS together and HAVE FUN.

Also, I'm sure they will find an event that you could do. Wether your slow or have no endurance it doesn't matter. When we did it I was one of the slowest and most out of shape Poolees. I was paired with another heavy recruit for the firemans carry. I went first at did my part while everybody's cheering and stuff. It was very motivating. When it was my turn to become the wounded, the Poolee who had to carry me simply couldent. He put me on his back with our whole RSS huddled around us motivating him like I've never before seen. At that event we were dead last by a few minutes. The other RSS came and cheered him on also. He went over that finished line with a hundred Poolees and Recruiters giving a him a hand, and not one of pity. Ever since that day that Poolee has been at the top tier of all Poolees at our RSS.

Nerd
02-13-11, 07:12 PM
Well, our RSS has made it mandatory for all Poolees (and a select few guests) to attend, so we're looking at high 30's low 40's for attendance. I myself ain't really good at anything, as I suck horribly at fireman carries, resulting in a 6 minute CFT time. I pass the IST's, but that is jsut it. I barely passed the 1.5 mile run last time for some unknown reason (went backwards 10 seconds) and crunches are modest at best. I don't see why we all have to go, when they could just send all the high flyers. Don't see a reason why Poolee Caine (our lowest scorer on the IST) should go. He is more like a liabilty than an asset. Eh, I'll try to make the most of it.

Because Poolee Caine is a brother of your, man. No matter how s***ty of a poolee he is, he's a poolee and a future Marine.

We have a guy, Poolee Harshfield, who can't do ANYTHING right. Like, he does push ups like 5 year old girls do push ups, and we give him a lot of crap, but he is our brother, and at the end of the day, I treat him as such.

The Marine Corps is a giant brotherhood and the world's best team. A college basketball team might only play its best players, but the Corps is only as strong as it's weakest link, so we must strengthen it.

DudefromDiego
02-13-11, 07:39 PM
Because Poolee Caine is a brother of your, man. No matter how s***ty of a poolee he is, he's a poolee and a future Marine.

We have a guy, Poolee Harshfield, who can't do ANYTHING right. Like, he does push ups like 5 year old girls do push ups, and we give him a lot of crap, but he is our brother, and at the end of the day, I treat him as such.

The Marine Corps is a giant brotherhood and the world's best team. A college basketball team might only play its best players, but the Corps is only as strong as it's weakest link, so we must strengthen it.

Amen to that.:thumbup:

IHaveEGA843
02-14-11, 12:20 PM
What those fellas/ladies is saying is true. I've been the weakest link before and I felt good knowing I finished what we were doing with my fellow poolees clapping as I came in.

Actually makes you want to try hard to be with the team that will be there for you even if you finish dead last.

DudefromDiego
02-14-11, 05:12 PM
Our RSS placed 2nd last year (after a controversy regarding a guest and something about another RSS's water) and they are really trying to get the 1st place trophy. Since I am Army Strong :( when it...

DudefromDiego
02-19-11, 12:53 AM
UPDATE: Due to a pretty big storm that has battered most of Southern California, our field meet got cancelled. Pendleton is at risk of flash flooding from what I heard. So we'll get another week or so to prep. I'll keep you posted on the results of the meet and maybe post some pictures if I find time. So stand by to stand by. ;)

IHaveEGA843
02-19-11, 01:52 PM
Bro, In the second to last post you doubt yourself. Never doubt yourself because if you do you're letting you team down because you won't put that 100% that needs to be applied when you need it there.

Max it out.....use that neverous energy for the energy to burn and trust me you'll feel a whole lot better when you up. I get neverous especially when it comes to pull ups because I think I wont hit the numbers I want and I come in so explosive from that neverous energy.

If you're like this now you'll more then likely be like that when it comes time for you to ship.

Get you some of that action bro.....thats what you wanted so don't hurt yourself with doubting.....You'll do fine