PDA

View Full Version : Quantico Combat Simulator

Nerd
02-11-11, 09:09 PM
My RSS is going tomorrow morning. Has anyone from the Virginia or Maryland area been as a poolee function? Suppossed to be as real as it gets before actual combat

IHaveEGA843
02-12-11, 08:07 PM
I was talking to a recruiter about this today. Supposedly when us poolees finally enter Recruit Training well be doing this along with dry firing. He was telling me how much the Corps saved in money but doing that instead of using live firing for practice. He said we'll still qual with live firing but the simulator will reduce live practice firing.

He also said they have them in all set ups. If you're in the OGPK/turrent hatch with the M2/M240/M249 they have a simulator set up for that or maybe youll be a helo hatch gunner....they have a simulator for that also.

The Corps is starting to get alot of cool technology now.

DGarmo
02-13-11, 10:31 AM
I have never been to that specfic one, but our RSS when to Selfridge Reserve Base to dry fire. We also play a video game, named by our recruiters as Call of Duty on crack. A group of Poolees would...

Nerd
02-13-11, 10:52 AM
We didn't do the simulator because it was f'ing broken...but we did get to see the inside of an LAV, hold an M4, a SAW, a 240 and a baret light fifty, and look through an RCO (rifle combat optic) and eotech sight. We got to put the magazine in, pull the charging handle and slap the bolt closed. Sickest feeling ever. Like, instant hardon

Big Tuna
02-19-11, 10:09 AM
This sounds awesome! My RSS was supposed to go to one a few weeks ago but the head recruiter had to cancel for something like a scheduling conflict with some of their own training or something like that.

I'm leaving for boot tuesday, and I'm going in for Intel, so hopefully at some point I get to train with this stuff.

Nerd
02-20-11, 07:45 PM
That's lame. At least we'll get to play with it a lot when we're out of bootcamp