PDA

View Full Version : Vision Question

Odysseus32
02-10-11, 11:29 PM
My vision as of right now is terrible. No DQ or anything, but really bad. I can see very well near and no colorblindness, but I can't see much of anything far away. I have already been to MEPS and whatnot and have a ship date, but my question is this:

For Recon the qualifications are at least a level 2 survival, high 1st class PFT, expert shooter, and a GT of 100+. If you have all of those qualifications, but your vision is not perfect, will they let you do the Indoc anyway, and let vision be corrected at a later time?

SSgt Lamie
02-14-11, 07:43 AM
As long as your vision is correctable to 20/20 you are fine. This includes correctable with glasses or contacts. If you were cleared at MEPS and they deemed you qualified you are good to go.

DrZ
02-14-11, 07:51 AM
My vision as of right now is terrible. No DQ or anything, but really bad. I can see very well near and no colorblindness, but I can't see much of anything far away. I have already been to MEPS and whatnot and have a ship date, but my question is this:

For Recon the qualifications are at least a level 2 survival, high 1st class PFT, expert shooter, and a GT of 100+. If you have all of those qualifications, but your vision is not perfect, will they let you do the Indoc anyway, and let vision be corrected at a later time?

You will be issued a wonderful set of bc (birth control) glasses. They will ensure you of two things. First... your vision will be corrected to 20/20 or as near as possible and next.... you will be ensured that women will want to reject you before you open your mouth and say a word.

Get through boot camp and when you get to the fleet, find out what style glasses will meet Marine standards and hide those issued to you for use in a combat zone. No one is expecting you to be fashionable there.

DrMarine21
02-14-11, 10:36 AM
Of, course, I know this, 'cause I wear corrective lens.