PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!!!

Shellshocked311
02-10-11, 09:08 PM
Okay here's the thing ive been a guest at my marine corps. recruiting station for about a year now i finally got to goto meps. I got DQ for a.d.d and if that wasnt bad i now have to get a waiver due to my ****ty high school transcript. I wrote the incident statement and the why i want to be a marine essay. Now what? I just want to know what to expect and if anything i can do would help my case. Please i need answers im so sick of waiting!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 09:16 PM
First, read the site rules here. You'll understand more when you do. (Grammar, basic etiquette, etc).

Next, DQ'd for a 'd.d.'? What might a 'd.d.' be? Waiver for crappy HS transcript? Please explain that one a bit more so we can help.

Shellshocked311
02-10-11, 09:24 PM
I got disqualified for having A.D.D. And then my recruiter tells me I need a waiver because of my high school transcript was not that good.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 09:27 PM
OK. ADD and on meds? And have you been waivered already for that? Or they won't do a waiver due to the HS Transcript....which, by the way, is the FIRST time I've heard of them DQ'ing someone for a bad transcript.

FYI there are several recruiters active here, and one will no doubt drop by with some information. It may not be tonite, so be patient :)

And...keep us informed.

Shellshocked311
02-10-11, 09:34 PM
I got disqualified for my A.D.D, I took myself off my medication about 2 years ago and had no problems since I got a form from my doctor saying i dont need medication anymore. But now they took a look at my transcript and my recruiter told me that my grades went downhill about the time i stopped taking the medication so thats why they needed the waiver. But my grades are great now and about to graduate highschool. I just want to know the chances of me getting in?

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 09:39 PM
OK, so you need a waiver for the ADD. Got it. That would appear to me to be the bottom line.

Again..no doubt there will be a recruiter to help. It appears you are waiting for the waiver, then...?

Shellshocked311
02-10-11, 09:43 PM
I just wanna know my chances of getting permantly disqualified and getting in.

Ive waited almost my whole life to be Marine!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 09:48 PM
And that is a question, realistically, only HQMC is going to give you an answer to. A recruiter will be able to give some guidance...but the decision now rests with them.

Shellshocked311
02-10-11, 09:50 PM
Well tell me from your expieriences what you think is going to happen to me.

PLEASE!!!

USNAviator
02-10-11, 09:58 PM
And that is a question, realistically, only HQMC is going to give you an answer to. A recruiter will be able to give some guidance...but the decision now rests with them.

And that is the truth son. Sgt. Lep speaks from experience. You do realize that the Corps as we speak is beginning to downsize by attrition?. Even enlisted at the pay grade of E-4, experienced men, are being not allowed to ship over?

Do your best and good luck to you

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 10:01 PM
You've got what I know. Unusual situation. BUT if your recruiters had you write an essay and sent it out, at least they believe there is some hope.

If this was 'the norm' then I'd be able to give you something. But I can't. All you can do is wait. IF you get it, it's something you have to get used to! :)

Shellshocked311
02-10-11, 10:05 PM
If I get something? Get what?

USNAviator
02-10-11, 10:05 PM

And that is the truth son. Sgt. Lep speaks from experience. You do realize that the Corps as we speak is beginning to downsize by attrition?. Even enlisted at the pay grade of E-4, experienced men, are not being allowed to ship over?

Do your best and good luck to you

Shellshocked311
02-10-11, 10:13 PM
I'm probably gonna get permantly disqualified....

Shellshocked311
02-10-11, 10:18 PM
"He's not a regular applicant though" - Ssgt. Deason I ve never missed a poole function since ive started going to my local RSS and my IST score is pretty good and i got a 49 on my asvab doesnt that increase my chances of getting in?

JacksonG
02-10-11, 10:37 PM
I'm probably gonna get permantly disqualified....
Hey, that is not the attitude you need, hang tough and keep positive. Good luck

USNAviator
02-10-11, 10:40 PM
I'm probably gonna get permantly disqualified.....

You don't know until you try. Don't give up until you get a letter saying you're DQ'd. Don't stop chasing your dreams because of a setback. You'll have plenty of those in life.

Good luck to you. I've heard of Mesquite TX but not sure where it is. Spent about 18 months in Kingsville, on the Navy dime

Tennessee Top
02-11-11, 07:23 AM
Any type of waiver (medical, traffic violations, drugs, etc.) is difficult to come by these days. As already stated above, the Secretary of Defense has instructed the Marine Corps to reduce the number of people it has to around 185,000 (from 202,000). It will do this by attrition (not replacing people getting out of the service). Recruiters cannot put the same number of applicants in as before and are becoming more selective. Spaces have become highly competitive and will get more so.

Unfortunately for you, this is simply a very bad time to try and enlist with any type of disqualifying factor. All you can do is try.

Good luck and let us know what the final word is.

Gunz
02-11-11, 08:06 AM
Shellshocked311...

You need to slow down and think about what you are going to post before you post it. Some of your questions on here make no sense at all. Take a deep breath and think before you type. Like the good Sergeant said, your fate is now in HQMC hands. Relax and just wait for a decision.

Marine1011
02-11-11, 08:15 AM
I think Shellshocked might be really shellshocked

Shellshocked311
02-17-11, 05:45 PM
Hey im angry, frustrated and im just trying to get answers so sorry if you think im an idiot!

Wyoming
02-17-11, 07:30 PM
Hey im angry, frustrated and im just trying to get answers so sorry if you think im an idiot!

Chill out Dude.

Continously making posts, and becoming irritated more and more in each one, wanting for the answer only YOU want, tells me, you ain't got a chance in hell, and you shoulda stayed on your meds.

Shellshocked311
02-17-11, 07:52 PM
Im trying to chill out but im nervous about this I have nothing left if they PDQ me!

Gunz
02-18-11, 08:56 AM
Im trying to chill out but im nervous about this I have nothing left if they PDQ me!

Shellshocked311, I'm being serious when I say you should seek professional help. Please adhere to my advice. Good day.

DrZ
02-18-11, 09:04 AM
Shellshocked.
Straight skinny here ok? The Marines here can only give you so much information. Any and all answers of this nature is going to come from your recruiters. The recruiters are going to get their answers from HQMC and the Docs. Getting nervous or anxious or anything else will not change the outcome.

If your recruiter is working for you...he is doing his best. You will either make it or not and so there is a 50/50 chance which are reasonable odds.