PDA

View Full Version : MOS question

Paul4iezos
02-10-11, 10:15 AM
Hi everybody, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Just wondering what the odds are of there being any open jobs in the infantry when I enter (Only 15, relatively close to 16 so it'll be a few years till I can do DEP. I'm just curious because I've always wanted to join the infantry as a riflemen/machine gunner but obviously I'd take anything I could get in the infantry.

Thanks.

crazymjb
02-10-11, 11:52 AM
Depending on the climate the sooner you get to the Marine Corps fiscal year, the better. So basically, all the jobs open up in October, infantry usually fills up fastest, so the sooner you get to October first when enlisting, the more likely you will be infantry, assuming you qualify. If you want to be infantry, and qualify, you will get a slot, you just may need to be a bit patient.

Mike

Paul4iezos
02-10-11, 11:54 AM
Ok this was a stupid question, here's what I meant to ask.

If wanting to be in the infantry, is it most likely that I will have to sign an open contract and wait until a job opens or is a job in the infantry commonly available.

Paul4iezos
02-10-11, 11:55 AM
Depending on the climate the sooner you get to the Marine Corps fiscal year, the better. So basically, all the jobs open up in October, infantry usually fills up fastest, so the sooner you get to October first when enlisting, the more likely you will be infantry, assuming you qualify. If you want to be infantry, and qualify, you will get a slot, you just may need to be a bit patient.

Mike

Okay, thanks alot Marine. :)