PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Security Forces

James54
02-09-11, 11:16 AM
So I am leaving for MCRD San Diego on March 21 and I will be apart of the Security Forces. So my questions are
1. Where can I get sent to do my job and witch places can i not bring my wife?
2. Is this MOS worth it or just wolf in sheeps clothing kind of deal all hyped up by your recruiter then its boring?
3. Would if be better just to be a normal 03xx?
4. When your 2 year duty is up do you get any say in where you get sent when go to the fleet?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice

Tennessee Top
02-09-11, 11:22 AM
Sounds like it's a little too late to be asking these questions now since you are locked on.

I am sure there will be MarSOC Marines along who can answer your questions (I can't).

Good luck to you.

James54
02-09-11, 02:28 PM
Thank you

thewookie
02-09-11, 10:09 PM
So
2. Is this MOS worth it or just wolf in sheeps clothing kind of deal all hyped up by your recruiter then its boring?

Seriously, is this what you came here to get an answer for? You should go army.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 02:45 AM
1. Where can I get sent to do my job and witch places can i not bring my wife?

It's 'which'. And the easy answer is 'Anywhere you are needed'. Overseas, you won't be bringing her. Stateside, it's possible. Note...'possible' not 'yep'. Each duty station has different requirements.

A question you mayhap should have pondered prior to 'signing' that contract. "Worth" it as compared to....what? Boring? Well, get used to standing guard duty. Because, in essence, THAT is what this MOS is. Now, granted, these Marines are 'hi-speed' Guards...but Guards they are. If that has changed, by all means someone will correct me. But when I did it (Long before it had the cool title it does today) thats' what it was. That is not to say it wasn't cool...but....

3. Would if be better just to be a normal 03xx?

Define 'better'. And again...just a tad late with THIS thought, eh?

4. When your 2 year duty is up do you get any say in where you get sent when go to the fleet?

East Coast, West Coast, Overseas. Take your pick as long as it's one of those.

Sigh.

James54
02-10-11, 05:51 PM
Hey Sgt Leperchaun thanks for the info....hey Wookie no need to be rude I have never been in the military before nor have I been apart of anything similar so I really dont know how this stuff works and unfortunately my recruiter doesn't have much info on the job, I was originally going straight 03xx but opted for this because he said I could go to boot sooner. So now I am basically trying to figure out what it is all about because I know I want to be a Marine but im not positive I want to be a security guard. In all honesty its hard to find info on this job so don't be a self righteous dick.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 06:03 PM
Oops. You better go READ the poolee/wannabee rules. That just cost you.

Tennessee Top
02-10-11, 09:47 PM
I LOVE the poolee/wannabe rules...they rock!

But people sure do have a difficult time adhereing to them for some reason.