PDA

View Full Version : Interviews?

devin0116
02-07-11, 04:46 PM
Marines, I was wondering if you get interviewed during processing and pre-ship at the RS. I am assuming you do but best to clarify than jump to conclusions. Also, what is the extent of these interviews? Do they scream at you and try to get you to say something you shouldn't?

Best Regards,
devin0116

SSgt Lamie
02-08-11, 07:51 AM
You do get interviewed at the MEPS during the processing process and the extent of these interviews depends on the MEPS Liason you are dealing with. Your Recruiter will be the best to answer this question since he is familiar with the Marines that you will be dealing with at MEPS.

However the basic questions they will cover are you Police, Drug, and Medical history. How you met your Recruiter, someone will look at your tattoos. The whole purpose is to verify that the information you provided to you Recruiter is accurate and to prevent any issues when you get to Recruit Training.

devin0116
02-10-11, 07:14 PM
Thank you. I suppose the best way to get the information I desire is to tell you why I asked this question. I was one of the few, and lucky at that, to be granted a waiver. Actually 2. One was a felony waiver of tresspassing on a construction site and the other a misdemeanor for possesion of MJ. At MEPS while filling out the paperwork it came up on a question about alcohol consumption. On average how many drinks do you consume? Well being half way out of honesty and knowing that it would be a difficult point to argue due to my previous history, I said 1-? The minimum besides 0. However as I dwell on it more and more, it makes me nervous to think I would be disqualified for something like that. I have since stopped any such behavior for I will have time later and its not worth it in the long run at this point. But if the interviewers ask me, I am afraid they are look for a simple yes or no answer and won't quite be interested in looking between the lines as to say "not since I depped in." Any insight on this?

Best Regards,
devin0116

Zulu 36
02-10-11, 09:38 PM
If you are over 21, no one cares if you have a brewski or two every now and again. If you are over 21 and swill a 12-pack every day, you have a problem.

If you are under 21, you shouldn't be drinking at all.

devin0116
02-11-11, 02:11 PM
That's the problem Sergeant. I am under 21. Like I said I have exited that lifestyle since I started the enlistment process. I will be the first one to admit I have made some stupid mistakes, mostly dumb kid ones. I began to stray from my dream to be a Marine and did experiment with MJ and alcohol. But ever since I got arrested I realized how quick stuff can change and straightened up. I just don't want them to look at my MEPS paperwork and be like "he lied cause here he said 1-? and now he says 0" type thing.

Tennessee Top
02-11-11, 02:41 PM
Appears to me it boils down to moral character. You claim you have grown up, learned from your mistakes, and are a different person now. So, just be truthful to the interviewer. That means, no lieing no matter the consequences. Don't tell them what you think they may want to hear; just tell them the truth...simple. If the truth doesn't work then it wasn't meant to be in the first place.