PDA

View Full Version : Please help

s6xafterse7en
02-07-11, 01:47 PM
I am a 27 year old male, soon to be 28 I am in decent shape and have the energy of a 18 year old. Back in June of 2010 I talked to a recruiter. With my age being so close to the cut-off the recruiter wasn't sure if I would make it to boot camp before I hit the cut-off age and that if I wanted to make it I would have to get everything started right then and there. He also told me that the only MOS I was interested in was full (Infantry). Though I think all jobs in the Marine Corps are important, Infantry has always been my one true desired MOS.

Being so close to the age cut-off I was worried that I wouldn't be able to be infantry and I stopped my process. I realize this was a mistake because over the time from then up until now, I have still been thinking about the Marine Corps every single day. I know this is what I want to do. I have wanted to be a Marine since I was 12.

I am going to talk to a recruiter again within the next week or two, with me turning 28 in May, and the possibility of infantry not being available I was curious to see if anyone on here had any suggestions as to what I should do or if anyone has any insight into infantry availability.

Thank you for your time

SSgt Lamie
02-07-11, 03:35 PM
Infantry is a MOS that fills up very quickly so I would not hang my hat on that. With your situation you unfortunately don't have the flexability of someone else who walks into the office and can wait until October or November to ship to Recruit Training.

The best advice I could provide is to get everything taken care of as soon as possible and just know that being a Marine is the most important aspect.