PDA

View Full Version : UZ Contract Clarification

GFist
02-06-11, 03:42 PM
I was doing some research about joining Reconnaissance and came across some information about the Uniform Zulu contract. I found some conflicting information and was just hoping for some clarification on a few questions of mine. From what I understand a UZ contract guarantees the signing recruit the opportunity to tryout for recon training (assuming they meet the reqs).

If you fail the tryout, does your contract become an open contract or an 03xx contract? I have read both.

Is there any purpose to the UZ contract? I've heard that all infantry recruits meeting the reqs are given the opportunity.

Lastly, and I'm not sure this is answerable by anyone other than a recruiter, do they still do UZ contracts since many people want an infantry MOS?

Thank you,
Fist

Tennessee Top
02-06-11, 04:10 PM
Well thought-out question. Unfortunately, I cannot answer it for you but hopefully somebody will be along soon who can.

Good luck.

SSgt Lamie
02-08-11, 01:21 PM
I understand that if I am removed from this program for any of the above reasons, that the Marine Corps will assign me to a MOS within the 0300 Occupational Field based on the needs of the Marine Corps. If I have already completed School of Infantry, I will be assigned as an Infantry Rifleman 0311.

This is straight from the HZ (Used to be UZ) statement of understanding that you sign giving you the specific job. Basically, if you fail to complete in Recon Indoc you will be assigned a MOS in the 0300 (infantry) field.

This is why you also read and understand everything that you sign. The statement of understanding will answer 99% of all questions that you have.

GFist
02-08-11, 10:57 PM
Understood. Thank you

afraziaaaa
02-10-11, 07:09 AM
Is there any purpose to the UZ contract? I've heard that all infantry recruits meeting the reqs are given the opportunity.

The HZ contract includes a bonus, whereas a regular four year infantry contract does not.