PDA

View Full Version : Poolees, if you're not up to speed yet

AlexJH
02-05-11, 09:38 PM
I drop by here every once in awhile to see if any gems of information were posted, typically that's not the case, but I was reading through some threads and I figured I'd throw you guys a bone. Some of you may understand this, but it seems that many do not.

For the dudes who are being told you'll be 23XX or whatever ammo tech I think, and then your recruiter says you're in logistics, that's because the 04XX field is part of that contract. Multiple OccFields are lumped together in enlistment programs that fit together.

You don't sign up for 18XX, you go combat support and hope you get 18XX, etc, etc.

Some programs like Infantry only offer the 03XX field, some like data or PMO are specific to a couple of jobs within an OccField and will basically allow you to pick your job.

If you want to see all of those enlistment programs, google MCO 1130.53 and read it. You now know why you're being screwed into another job.

Now again, many of you know this already, but there's no sticky for it and I've read a couple of threads on the front page asking questions like the ones I mentioned above.

Carry on motivators.

AlexJH
02-05-11, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah, the one online is out of date, I think there are a couple of new ones, and the bonuses are always changing depending on what they need to recruit.

But for the most part, it should answer your questions.

IHaveEGA843
02-06-11, 07:51 AM
In my local RS they need MEOP recruits bad supposedly. Everything is is fine besides MEOP and Reserves.

Nerd
02-06-11, 10:02 AM
Damn, good info Alex. Thanks, brother