PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather Training

Juicemang
02-04-11, 02:22 PM
Greetings war hounds,

My unit is doing cold weather training next weekend. We'll be in the field for three days I believe. My issue is good to go and we've had our briefs. However, I was wondering if any Marines had any specific tips or information that typically isn't briefed that will help out. It's gonna be in northern Michigan, so it's gonna be cold as hell. Any advice or helpful information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks gents. :flag:

Phantom Blooper
02-04-11, 04:53 PM
Don't Eat Yellow Snow!

Stay as dry as possible to avoid hypothermia.

Layer clothing.

Try to consume plenty of carbohydrates.

Take plastic bags to insulate feet.

Sleeping on ground.....insulate with plenty of ground cloth and insulated mat.

Keep head protected to contain body heat.

Stay hydrated.....do not consume alcohol.

Muskinman28
02-04-11, 07:03 PM
Greetings war hounds,

My unit is doing cold weather training next weekend. We'll be in the field for three days I believe. My issue is good to go and we've had our briefs. However, I was wondering if any Marines had any specific tips or information that typically isn't briefed that will help out. It's gonna be in northern Michigan, so it's gonna be cold as hell. Any advice or helpful information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks gents. :flag:
I went to Cold Weather Training in Bridgeport, CA in 2001. Bring lots of socks(or get Smart Wool socks). And lots of sunscreen and chapstick. And a pic of your girlfriend to help stay warm at night! Hoorah Marine-Get Some!!!