PDA

View Full Version : Medical Field?

BannedKey
02-04-11, 12:00 AM
I'm currently enrolled in college and looking to joining the Marine Corps after. The problem is my major is "Allied Health." I'm looking to work in the medical field after. My brother is a Marine right now stationed in North Carolina. He told me that I should join the Navy and go "green." What does that mean? Or is there anything else I can do in the Marine Corps that would relate to my major? Thanks

0351 Corporal
02-04-11, 12:08 AM
Your brother is talking about joining the Navy, and then becoming a Navy Corpsman. The Marines don't have a medical field, we rely on the navy to supply the doctors, and Corpsman. A Navy Corpsman is like an EMT that runs around in the dirt with the Marines, and pretty much, for the most part is considered as such. "Going green" is just a term for naval medical personnel who work with Marines. If you are in college I would recommend finishing your degree, and then going into OCS (Officer Candidacy School).

BannedKey
02-04-11, 12:18 AM
Your brother is talking about joining the Navy, and then becoming a Navy Corpsman. The Marines don't have a medical field, we rely on the navy to supply the doctors, and Corpsman. A Navy Corpsman is like an EMT that runs around in the dirt with the Marines, and pretty much, for the most part is considered as such. "Going green" is just a term for naval medical personnel who work with Marines. If you are in college I would recommend finishing your degree, and then going into OCS (Officer Candidacy School).
Oh I see.:) Thanks Corporal!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-04-11, 10:35 PM
Asked n Answered.