PDA

View Full Version : MCT East

JDamico30
02-03-11, 10:35 AM
Can anyone explain to me exactly what MCT consists of on the East coast? I heard on the West coast they get liberty on Sundays but on the East they don't. Anyone got a pretty solid explanation/breakdown of what I will be doing at MCT? I report this Tuesday.

Marine3451
02-03-11, 10:51 AM
4 weeks of being treated like a boot in the middle of the woods. No you dont get sunday libbo like the hollywood counterpart. Dont get caught with a cellphone,you will get njp'd

RocketCutlass
02-03-11, 02:26 PM
It sucks... It was worse then boot to me. Nothing but standing around and waiting and dealing with instructors who like to play stupid games all the time. Just hope your instructors are cool and it may not be that bad. Do exactly what they say, don't be the one to get caught with a phone or tobacco or drugs of any kind.

Marine3451
02-03-11, 03:01 PM
I so want to be a MCT Instructor so I can screw with fragile boot minds.

mcvet57103
02-03-11, 04:27 PM
Back in my day 74-78, I believe it was called ITS, or Infantry Training School. When did they change the name, and why? Anybody know?

josephd
02-03-11, 04:44 PM
Back in my day 74-78, I believe it was called ITS, or Infantry Training School. When did they change the name, and why? Anybody know?

I don't know when or why but it is split up between ITB(infantry training battalion) for 03's/grunts and MCT(Marine Combat Training) for all of us POGs. Both are part of SOI (School of Infantry) along with AIT(Advanced Infantry Training) for LAVrs, Plt. Sgt./leaders course, LAVrs, Recon, Scout Snipers.....

Quinbo
02-03-11, 04:44 PM
ITS still exists under a different name. MCT is for non infantry types and is a short course on some of the things the infantry is trained on. SOI is the A school for infantry. Non infantry go through MCT and then from there attend their A school.

Quinbo
02-03-11, 04:47 PM
It was split in I believe 1992. Prior to that Infantry went to ITS and all others went directly to their A school.

spotts
02-03-11, 04:56 PM
In 1989 we went through MCT then dragged our crap 3 blocks away to SOI...

Juicemang
02-03-11, 06:13 PM
don't be the one to get caught with a phone or tobacco or drugs of any kind.

What the f*ck over? You can't smoke at MCT anymore? Marines smoking assloads of cigarettes is one of the many fond memories I have of MCT. I was east coast, 2005.

Anyway, hope you don't get stuck on guard duty before your platoon picks up. Once you pick up you'll get your issue, and then hump out to good ole Camp Devil Dog. It will suck balls at times, but remember, MCT/SOI is yet another experience every Marine must endure. :flag:

There are some nasty reservists in my unit who came right home after boot camp and never completed MCT or their MOS school. Makes me sick.

josephd
02-03-11, 06:33 PM
What the f*ck over? You can't smoke at MCT anymore? Marines smoking assloads of cigarettes is one of the many fond memories I have of MCT. I was east coast, 2005.

Anyway, hope you don't get stuck on guard duty before your platoon picks up. Once you pick up you'll get your issue, and then hump out to good ole Camp Devil Dog. It will suck balls at times, but remember, MCT/SOI is yet another experience every Marine must endure. :flag:

There are some nasty reservists in my unit who came right home after boot camp and never completed MCT or their MOS school. Makes me sick.

not supposed to let you but some of the instructors will let you smoke and chew out in the field. Mine and a few others did anyway.

There is a Sgt. in my unit who has never been to MCTor MOS school.

lonewolf121
02-03-11, 07:12 PM
not supposed to let you but some of the instructors will let you smoke and chew out in the field. Mine and a few others did anyway.

There is a Sgt. in my unit who has never been to MCTor MOS school.

Yup, learned at MCT that cigarette tobacco is dry as camel dung; but will give you the fix you need. Also learned that swallowing chewing tobacco juice is not as hard as it sounds and a pinch easily can be hidden back by the molars. To this day I wish my Aunt handn't offered me that smoke the first day after Boot Camp graduation...or maybe I wish I hadn't taken it.

Beltayn
02-04-11, 09:00 AM

When I went through in Spring 2008 you could not have any tobacco. They caught one Marine with smuggled cans of dip in his seabag the week before graduation and NJP'ed him for it.
It started a thriving black market trade for the MRE coffee grounds because the smokers would chew the grounds to remind them of their lamented dip and for the caffeine to help them fight their withdrawal.

Juicemang
02-04-11, 02:25 PM
When I went through in Spring 2008 you could not have any tobacco. They caught one Marine with smuggled cans of dip in his seabag the week before graduation and NJP'ed him for it.
It started a thriving black market trade for the MRE coffee grounds because the smokers would chew the grounds to remind them of their lamented dip and for the caffeine to help them fight their withdrawal.

This new Corps garbage is bullsh-t.

JDamico30
02-05-11, 09:48 AM

I thought MCT was a mandatory thing? How did they get away with not going to MCT?

Beltayn
02-05-11, 01:42 PM
I once went on a hump at high altitude and all the NON-smokers fell out cause they weren't used to having lower lung capacity.