PDA

View Full Version : Acl

Kentuckygrl11
02-03-11, 10:12 AM
Hey Everyone, my name is Karli and I go to MEPS at the beginning of March. I have wanted to be a Marine for quite some time now but I tore my ACL playing basketball my senior year. My knee is fully recovered now and its almost been a year since my surgery. I am just worried about MEPS like the exercises they have you do that may involve my knee. I am just curious to hear anyone's experience that may be similar to mine. Any trouble at MEPS or in Boot Camp due to their knee?

Thanks!
Karli

GySgtRet
02-03-11, 11:09 AM
Karli,

It is my experience that you should be prepared for everything. I would go to your orthopedic surgeon and get the diagnosis, pronosis, and outcome of your surgery. Make sure that it is done timely so that you can have his for when you go to MEPS for qualification. Other wise you will have to get this and delay your qualification. I would imagine that you will be sent for a ortho consult to further confirm the findings of your surgeon. The other part you need to ask yourself is. How is your confidence in your healing since the surgery?

Thank you for choosing and volunteering to become one of the best a life altering experience without any drugs.

Semper Fi
Gunny out
:usmc: