G1Ortuno
02-02-11, 11:00 AM
will they call all my previos employeers during the security clearance check

Tennessee Top
02-02-11, 11:31 AM
Got something to hide?

03Mike
02-02-11, 11:48 AM
Probably - especially if it is a higher level clearance.

Burke7051
02-02-11, 12:00 PM
Got something to hide?

I agree with Tennessee. Unless you have something to hide, why be concerned? Yeah, they will more than likely call your previous employers, especially if your going into a high-level security MOS such as the Intelligence field. They probably would check your credit too.

USNAviator
02-02-11, 01:14 PM
will they call all my previos employeers during the security clearance check

Yes and the higher your clearance is the more they will investigate. This will include a full credit check, interviewing neighbors etc. Think of where they may look and they probably will

G1Ortuno
02-02-11, 07:39 PM
im just asking because i dont have the number to all my previous managers and supervisors. should i just put the office number. the application ask for both numbers. this is just for the national security clearance check. i believe is the lowest one.

USNAviator
02-02-11, 07:49 PM
im just asking because i dont have the number to all my previous managers and supervisors. should i just put the office number. the application ask for both numbers. this is just for the national security clearance check. i believe is the lowest one.

You'll be OK , just do your best to fill in the form. And I know you are aware of this, don't lie about anything

Good luck to you

G1Ortuno
02-02-11, 08:00 PM
thanks guys. i got nothing to hide and i wont lie. i will fill that application to the best of my knowledge. hopefully ill earn the title MARINE.

Casedizzy2821
02-02-11, 10:05 PM
Secret clearance=no

G1Ortuno
02-02-11, 10:12 PM
what you mean no

Casedizzy2821
02-02-11, 10:16 PM
I.e. Secret clearance they don't call anybody. Fill out the package with your recruiter. It will ask for a 7-10 year history and references. That's about the extent of it.

If you stopped showing up to McDonalds and got fired, nobody is going to care. Just be honest with the recruiter.

Some people filled out their package in MOS school because they had a lazy recruiter that didn't do the legwork. Eitherway, it's just paperwork.

Top Secret clearance is way different. They actually do check and interview people.

Send me a PM if you have a question and don't want your issue to be public.