PDA

View Full Version : Lat moves(reserve side)

AdminAssassin
02-02-11, 09:27 AM
I'm LCpl Harris and I'm a reservist wanting to lat move from admin to supply. I've heard that you have to be in 2 or 3 years and/or be Cpl to even have a chance at lat moving. If any Marines on here have lat moved before I would appreciate your advice and input. Thank you.

Semper Fi

thediesel713
02-02-11, 08:21 PM
Your monitor and CO probably won't sign off on it. Unless it's a critical MOS, 9 times out of 10 it's getting denied. More than likely your monitor will say wait till you re enlist. But the worst that can happen is they saw no.....

AdminAssassin
02-02-11, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the info Sgt. I can tolerate being admin til I re-enlist, though I will keep bugging them about a lat-move in the meantime. I just feel like I can do more to help my unit being in supply, im the recieving/stocking supervisor where I work maybe they take that into consideration.

flyby
02-03-11, 07:30 AM
AdminAssassin,

I just have to say, that's the best screen name I've seen on here! Awesome!

ritter
02-03-11, 09:52 PM
If your unit rates a supply guy then it shouldn't be hard to shift as long as they have enough admin guys. You should talk with your platoon Sgt to see what your unit rates per the TO, and then go from there.

AdminAssassin
02-04-11, 12:02 AM
I went with AdminAssassin because I work part-time as a police officer on our Special Response Team. I'm admin though in the Corps....go figure.

I'll check that out Sg Ritter about if we rate another supply Marine or not. We only have one supply reservist at the unit though so I figure it wouldn't be hard unless we don't have enough admin.