PDA

View Full Version : Letter to son in boot returned by USPO

Happys Pappy
02-01-11, 09:15 PM
My first letter to my son in boot was returned, stamped "Not at this address". I used the address on the form letter i received and I included his middle initial. Is this just a case of human error in the mail room? I have been mailing him daily for two weeks and this is the first letter to be returned, but it was also the first one I sent him. Any similar experiences out there in cyberland?

foreverproud
02-01-11, 10:22 PM
Well ... there's really no way of knowing unless another letter ... or letters are returned. I certainly hope that is not the case because your son will be anticipating your letters. I would imagine that his recruiter would be able to provide his address. It is worth checking because those letters during boot are really important.

But mistakes are made. I just sent something recently to Camp Pendleton by UPS and it was returned with the reason given for non-delivery as insufficient address ...which it was not ... its the same address I've been using with no prior problem. So I would guess your returned letter is probably just a mistake made by the postal service. If you receive another returned letter within the next couple of days give your son's recruiter a call.

The very best to you and your son. You are going to be one proud Happy Pappy come graduation day. :)

Old Marine
02-02-11, 09:47 AM
You have to remember that this is the U.S. Post Office we are talking about people. Just because it is the U.S. Post Office does not mean it is infallable. Personally I prefer the Pony Express which was much more efficient and much cheaper.

Happys Pappy
02-06-11, 07:17 AM
No further letters have bounced! And, I have received letter number 2 from our recruit! He writes that the food is great, but no time to actually enjoy it, as meals last all of about 2 minutes!

SGT7477
02-06-11, 08:29 AM
No further letters have bounced! And, I have received letter number 2 from our recruit! He writes that the food is great, but no time to actually enjoy it, as meals last all of about 2 minutes!
He is lucky there were times we didn't get to sit down with the SDI screaming, Get out of My chow hall, Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

Tennessee Top
02-06-11, 04:52 PM
2 minutes? Wow, that's an enternity lol!

Glad to hear the mail issue seems to be resolved. Give my best to your recruit and good luck.

foreverproud
02-06-11, 11:45 PM
Glad to know you son is getting his mail! The very best to your recruit.

I don't know if my son was pulling my leg or not, but he told me they had to eat all their chow using on a spoon ...... no forks.

Quinbo
02-07-11, 12:42 AM
I can remember a couple times of marching to the chow hall, breathing hard and covered in sweat, and looking like a sugar cookie only to go through the chow line and straight to the scullery then back outside. Not even a chance to smell your food, let alone have a bite. We then went straight back to the pitt.

advanced
02-07-11, 05:41 AM
We used to have duck a lot.