PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Zumbii
01-31-11, 09:24 PM
#1 Can I please have my status changed from poolee to Marine.
I graduated Jan 21st.
1st battalion Bravo CO. Plt 1033
SDI SSgt Leverett.

#2 Regards the service alpha coat...
Where are the creases supposed to go in the sleeve?
My mom ironed it and now I have two creases in the left sleeve.
I would've posted this in the appropriate thread but my status still hasn't been changed.

TJR1070
02-01-11, 07:51 AM
Congratulations Marine. Nice thought from Mom but sometimes couter productive. If you are still home on leave I would get a hold of my recruiter and ask where they get their uniforms cleaned. I would take the blouse and the pants and have them cleaned and pressed there if possible. If that is not an option, you can also go to a local cleaner but I would bring the MCO about uniform preparation so the staff will know exactly where to put the creases. Otherwise wait until you get to MCT or MOS school, but you are usually required to check in wearing Alpha's.

Marine3451
02-01-11, 08:31 AM
I am almost positive that there a not supposed to be any creases in the sleeve of the alpha coat. If its the kakki shirt the crease is centered down the sleeve

advanced
02-01-11, 08:37 AM
I am almost positive that there a not supposed to be any creases in the sleeve of the alpha coat. If its the kakki shirt the crease is centered down the sleeve

Correct Sir.

SGT7477
02-01-11, 09:32 AM
Congrats Marine, word of advice keep your mother away,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Zumbii
02-01-11, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the info Marines, and Semper Fi.
I unfortunately have to report to ITB today.

Zumbii
02-01-11, 10:06 AM
We got the creases out and I think it looks pretty good.

Supersquishy
02-01-11, 11:38 AM
Congrats MARINE!! Its about time!

I see you are from Seal Beach, I used to live there across the Naval Air Station went to Mcaulliffe(sp) middle school. Then on to St. John Bosco H.S.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-11, 07:30 PM
Congrats! Changed.

And in the future, take the coat to the cleaners on base (I know you didn't have the chance before) to solve that problem....keep Mom's away from 'em. :) They 'mean well' but don't know regs (Unless they were Marines!).