PDA

View Full Version : Screw asking if boot camp is hard...do new Marines even GO to boot camp???

AlohaMarine
01-31-11, 01:59 AM
Two new PFCs. Both are 25lbs overweight. Zero pullups. One had hash marks on his alphas and the other doesn't know his drill instructor's names. I still know my DIs names. I know DIs from other companies. I will never forget them. I won't forget their faces. Ever. I promise you.

To any boot PFCs and LCpls reading this who haven't hit the fleet yet. Here's some advice for when you do.

I'm not your friend. See those ribbons? See my stripes? I've been places. I've done my time. I don't ever want to speak to you. Sure, you might be cool. But I'm not interested in making friends. If youre my friend you won't listen to me. And if you don't listen to me, one of my real friends might die.

In fact, if you fall on your face right in front of me, you better roll out of the way because I won't hesitate to step on you. Thats what I think of you. If you don't like it, the Chaplain gets in on Monday morning.

Don't bring 15 seabags and then look at me when I stand by the duty vehicle at the airport with some "Can you help me out?" eyes. **** you. Buy a bag with wheels, or leave some of your bull**** at home. I carried all my bags....all over the planet, with a rifle, wearing a flak jacket and a helmet. What would you do if I wasn't here? What if your bags weren't bags? What if they were LCpl Idiot with a shrapnel wound? Figure it out.

If you check in on the weekend, and we ask you if your alphas are good, you need to admit that **** right there. Don't let us come by your room Sunday afternoon and realize you're missing a tie, or chevrons, or you have a woman's barracks cover. (Unless you of course are a female, in which case you're in the wrong ****ing unit)

If you are a female and you see "V" anywhere in your unit code. You need to let someone know. You will not like it when you show up, and you'll cry. (I've seen it happen. We males look for any excuse to point you out as weak. You just gave us ammo.)

Parade rest. I don't care. Really. I don't even care if you call me by my rank. ****, you can call me by my first name if you figure it out. But remember, the Lieutenant needs a boot to be rear party for CAX in 29 palms...and you just volunteered.

I understand its Hawaii. I understand the Pro Bowl is going on "right over there". When we drive by the stadium don't look at me and ask stupid ****ing questions. Afghanistan is going on too. And you'll be there way before you ever see another pro bowl. +1 for 29 Palms.

I've never been so scared I forgot what city I was from, but apparently that happens to boots alot. I like that I scare you that much. In fact, its ****ing awesome. But all of you always say you're not scared. If I don't scare you, then why are you so ****ing stupid?

Don't show up out of the blue at 2100 on a Sunday and act like we've got a room for you. Right now you're Jesus and we're the innkeeper, but there's no ****ing shining star in the sky pointing down to where you are spending the night. Don't complain.

Don't tell me you can do 20 pullups, and 3 days later you do 4. I know you didn't lose 16 pullups in 10 days of leave, and you just attained a "liar" status. You will never lose that. Ever.

Thats all I got right now.

TunTvrnWarrior
01-31-11, 07:27 AM
I take it that K-Bay no longer has a recieving barracks. It used to be accross from the wing chow hall. It usually entailed two days of classes familiarizing us with the base, the island and what is expected of us, before being assigned to our units. The duty would pick you up from the airport and take you to the base and he had to endure our stupid questions along the way.

Beltayn
01-31-11, 11:36 AM
Had a rough latest boot drop, eh?

Marine84
01-31-11, 12:20 PM
Lol!!!

Marine1011
01-31-11, 12:25 PM
Aloha has been in for four years or so. So he knows. No one else is squared away.

Baker1971
01-31-11, 12:43 PM
Wait til he makes staff. hell, the generals'll be saluting him

390 Mach I
01-31-11, 03:02 PM
Best rant I have read in a while!

:thumbup:

Old Marine
01-31-11, 03:07 PM
According to the original poster, I would guess we are all boots. This guy has been around the horn a couple of times in his 4 years.

AlohaMarine
01-31-11, 05:00 PM
According to the original poster, I would guess we are all boots. This guy has been around the horn a couple of times in his 4 years.

Everyone except you, pops.

PJones64
01-31-11, 05:49 PM
Gee, I think Aloha may become Commandant soon. I mean, after a couple of more years in, not right now.

Old Marine
01-31-11, 07:51 PM
Everyone except you, pops.

So I guess its OK for you to stop by Aloha Stadium and buy me a ticket to the 2012 Pro Bowl.

By the way, I am not you pops, at least I do not think I am. In my younger days I did get around a little bit.:evilgrin:

wildwoman73
01-31-11, 08:36 PM
God I miss the USMC....I don't guess I could incorporate any of that into my customer service skills as a 911 Operator. "911, we're here to save your azz, not kiss it.". :)

Old Marine
01-31-11, 09:01 PM
God I miss the USMC....I don't guess I could incorporate any of that into my customer service skills as a 911 Operator. "911, we're here to save your azz, not kiss it.". :)

Skills in the Corps, now that's a good one.:D

JeffG
02-01-11, 09:38 AM
settle down Chesty...life's too short for the lil ****

Marine1011
02-01-11, 12:19 PM
Aloha should be making gunny today. you know, ahead of the crowd, being the only one squared away Msgt in a couple of wks

sparkie
02-01-11, 03:24 PM
That's some funny shet right there, Aloha. And I definately see your point,,,,,Boot.LOL.

SgtHMH
02-01-11, 04:26 PM
What is the main purpose of a NCO Cpl ? if you see something wrong with a lower rank Marine, what are NCOs supposed to do Cpl. Your not supposed to turn your back on it and let it go unsat or let a chit bird be untrained. Your supposed to guide them and train them, to see the ways of good conduct. Your the one that is making your NCO Chevrons look bad, because your not stepping up to the plate and not taking care of what a NCO is supposed to be doing. You need to put in for NCO Academy and get some training as a NCO.

Sgt Hoss Active Duty and Reserves over 14 years Combined, was up for Staff Sgt, but injuried in the line of Duty as a State Officer and had to get out of the Reserves.

Semper Fi Cpl

micarr57
02-01-11, 07:51 PM
no REALLY let us know how you feel :)

AlohaMarine
02-02-11, 04:05 PM
What is the main purpose of a NCO Cpl ? if you see something wrong with a lower rank Marine, what are NCOs supposed to do Cpl. Your not supposed to turn your back on it and let it go unsat or let a chit bird be untrained. Your supposed to guide them and train them, to see the ways of good conduct. Your the one that is making your NCO Chevrons look bad, because your not stepping up to the plate and not taking care of what a NCO is supposed to be doing. You need to put in for NCO Academy and get some training as a NCO.

Sgt Hoss Active Duty and Reserves over 14 years Combined, was up for Staff Sgt, but injuried in the line of Duty as a State Officer and had to get out of the Reserves.

Semper Fi Cpl

Negative.

I need to put in for College and get some training as a human being.

GunRock0811
02-02-11, 06:23 PM
Negative.

I need to put in for College and get some training as a human being.

Hahaha, I like that.

wildwoman73
02-02-11, 06:56 PM
That's some funny shet right there, Aloha. And I definately see your point,,,,,Boot.LOL.

Ya I was going to say this could easily be taken to the biotch corner but this is classic!! LOVE IT!!

Hamelink83
02-02-11, 10:42 PM
everyone's a boot to someone...just throwing that one out there

Burke7051
02-02-11, 11:00 PM
everyone's a boot to someone...just throwing that one out there

:thumbup:

devilcherrygoo
02-04-11, 09:40 PM
Seriously? Being in the Corps is definitely an honor, but it doesn't make you God. Who do you think you are, really? If you think that new additions to the Marines are not trained properly, you would be better off complaining to the Commandant of the Marine Corps so that you can tell him that he doesn't know how to implement proper training for recruits. And since we're on a roll here, since when do Marines not look out for each other? You think that you are above helping out junior Marines simply because you've been in a few more years than them? It is Marines like you that are like a stagnant pond of rotting scum. You are too full of yourself to purge the algae and be like clear clean flowing water. Be an example to your Marines of what it is to be an outstanding NCO, care about their welfare, and earn their respect instead of demanding it because of a few stripes on your collar. Drop the ego already. Do you expect the Marines you would "step on" to trust you? What a jack azz you are. YOu make me sick. Stop complaining about the overweight Marines and go PT their azzes if it bothers you so d#$! much.

fjmas1976
02-04-11, 10:30 PM
The Marine Corps is a Brotherhood and an honor, but at the end of the day IT'S JUST A JOB. Settle down. This post just made you look like a giant d-bag.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-11, 01:05 AM
I dunno....he sounds like PLENTY of the NCO's I knew in the grunts. Heck...he sounds a lot like ME when I was a Platoon Sergeant.

Luckily, I'm kinder and gentler now.

And those of you who are history readers who stumble on to this rant....the Cpl sounds like plenty of the 'old tyme' NCO's who've beenthere, seen much, and don't have time for bullcrap.

Aloha...yer gonna HATE college. Stay the hell in. The Corps needs exactly what YOU got.

Cause really, in the civvie life, you are gonna end up in a lot of 'sensitivity/retraining' etc etc crap.

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 03:25 AM
Sgt Lep, I need a degree to pursue my future endeavours. I don't hate the Corps at all.

There's just an old saying that stuck with me, in fact, I probably learned it from one of you guys.

"If you don't like it, get promoted."

I took that and I'm running with it. See the post below me for a prime example. "Complain to the commandant." Really? Why not just BE the commandant?

Also, it doesn't hurt that:
O4 >20 years = ~$7050/mo
E7 >20 years = ~$4200/mo

Once you reach Brig Gen and E9 with 30 years, the pay is literally almost doubled.

Seriously? Being in the Corps is definitely an honor, but it doesn't make you God. Who do you think you are, really? If you think that new additions to the Marines are not trained properly, you would be better off complaining to the Commandant of the Marine Corps so that you can tell him that he doesn't know how to implement proper training for recruits. And since we're on a roll here, since when do Marines not look out for each other? You think that you are above helping out junior Marines simply because you've been in a few more years than them? It is Marines like you that are like a stagnant pond of rotting scum. You are too full of yourself to purge the algae and be like clear clean flowing water. Be an example to your Marines of what it is to be an outstanding NCO, care about their welfare, and earn their respect instead of demanding it because of a few stripes on your collar. Drop the ego already. Do you expect the Marines you would "step on" to trust you? What a jack azz you are. YOu make me sick. Stop complaining about the overweight Marines and go PT their azzes if it bothers you so d#$! much.

Calm down E4. We don't need irritation and obnoxiousness brought into a thread that already has too much of both. Just a late night when I made the thread. Relaxxx...Woooossaaahhhh.

Threads like this are what keep me coming back, even after the OOD phone calls, the Sherriff's Dept Investigation being tipped off by one of you guys, the constant bickering by old dudes...

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 03:36 AM
You know what, I just can't help but to go off on a tangent, even though I know I will offend way too many ***** ass garrison Marines when I start talking about mother****ing ******* NCOs that try to correct other Marines when their life as an NCO is spent doing sword manual, drill sessions, and leading weak ass PT sessions.

Some of us actually have to make sure our Marines are squared away so they don't get blown the **** up, or cause other Marines to get blown the **** up. And you don't find out if a Marine has what it takes to survive a near ambush after an IED attack by coddling a couple of 18 year old lazy piece of **** boot drops under your wing, you have to make sure they have what it takes. This isn't fantasy land. Some Marines simply don't have what is necessary to be a killer. Ironically, almost every single Marine I've ever had ***** out of deploying was as "thug" as they come. Straight from the depths of Philly, or D.C., or Brooklyn. So funny to see them talk about all the drive by's they did in high school. But when they're faced with that **** for real they suddenly turn into ****ing cowards. If you want to see what type of Marines I'm speaking of, go to any IPAC or Supply company. You act like I'm lazy, but I am EASing in less than 15 weeks and I am still ensuring their welfare NOT BY TAKING CARE OF THEM, BUT BY MAKING SURE THEY WILL STAY ALIVE. This means checking their body armor, making sure they know how to do reloads quickly and effectively, and making sure they know exactly whats about to ****ing happen. NOT by being their friend.

I would never expect a FEMALE from the AIRWING who was stationed in OKINAWA to understand any of that ****. (No offense Kim!!! The 80s were different)

OPSEC is a big deal, but we're deploying really REALLY soon. There is still room for change on our GO/NO GO roster. If these ****ers can't handle it, they are going to go to HQ Company and will sit around mowing grass for 7 months keeping REAL MARINES alive.

Don't worry about me E4. Go pull out your ****ing sword and teach other NCOs about Algae and stagnant water.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-11, 03:44 AM
Woah...someone called a LEO on you? From HERE? You gotta be shvitten me....

You got your sheet together bro. Keep on chargin. If college is your rice bowl then go for it...at least you are going in with a plan and not just to get the "Hand painted hair nets" with a minor in "Modern Folk dance" degree.

(I don't know about the first but the latter certainly exists....homeless guy I knew in my last 'real' LEO job, before the fake one I'm in now, had one. A masters, no less. Did I mention...he was HOMELESS?)

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 03:51 AM
Yes ****ing seriously. I didn't say anything about it because it was before my enlistment. I won't go into any details because I'm still on AD and I don't need any dead skeletons creeping up. Keep in...

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-11, 03:55 AM
Wonderful. Had I been that LEO I would have LAUGHED OUT LOUD at some idiot sending me pics like that.

Life.....get one doooooder.

Either that or another hobby.

Frak me.

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 03:56 AM
Oh, did I mention this was before I was an *******? There was absolutely no reason at all for it. Alot of you guys remember me as a poolee. I was motivated, proud, dedicated. Then it got ****ing crushed. Probably just some uptight old Gunny with time on his hands wanting to "police his own". ****ing **** makes me mad. I would pay thousands for 15 minutes alone with that guy and a nightstick.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-11, 03:58 AM
Sweet holy mother. Yeah....

That would de-motivate the frak outta ME that is for sure.

Stupid. Stupid. STUPID.

devilcherrygoo
02-05-11, 11:38 AM
Sgt Lep, I need a degree to pursue my future endeavours. I don't hate the Corps at all.

There's just an old saying that stuck with me, in fact, I probably learned it from one of you guys.

"If you don't like it, get promoted."

I took that and I'm running with it. See the post below me for a prime example. "Complain to the commandant." Really? Why not just BE the commandant?

Also, it doesn't hurt that:
O4 >20 years = ~$7050/mo
E7 >20 years = ~$4200/mo

Once you reach Brig Gen and E9 with 30 years, the pay is literally almost doubled.

Calm down E4. We don't need irritation and obnoxiousness brought into a thread that already has too much of both. Just a late night when I made the thread. Relaxxx...Woooossaaahhhh.

Threads like this are what keep me coming back, even after the OOD phone calls, the Sherriff's Dept Investigation being tipped off by one of you guys, the constant bickering by old dudes...

I'm not an old dude. I am a female. I'm 27 years old. I got out of the Corps in 05.

devilcherrygoo
02-05-11, 11:49 AM
Maybe one day you will wake up. This discussion could go on and on, especially with me because I don't find your logic to be stable, to say the least. Sure, there are some Marines that do not...

Marine1011
02-05-11, 11:53 AM
You have a valid point or two, but if I had to choose between the two of you, ahhhhhh, I would have to choose Aloha. He initially comes across as being a little angry, but for good reason. At first it sounded a big arrogant, but upon re-reading it a few times, he has the welfare of the people under him at heart. He has to make sure these people stay alive, but your anger is different.

devilcherrygoo
02-05-11, 12:02 PM
What is his good reason? And in what way does he have the welfare of his Marines as a priority? How does he display that he cares if they live or not in his posts? As far as he is concerned, they are nothing but in the way. Without those same Marines that he would step on, He would be fighting alone. If he is concerned for their welfare, it must be written in code because it is not apparent.
And just so you know, I never learned the sword manual. Now try to tell me I am a bad Marine for that. Do you know it?
You're just a bum Aloha. I am done wasting my time trying to help you grow a few brain cells.

Marine1011
02-05-11, 12:12 PM
Aloha's post is almost entirely about how he cannot be both a friend to new Marines in his unit and also in charge of whether they make it through safely or not. <br />
So I think he wants them squared...

Yonkers
There are those out there that are a bit messed up... but I sure as hell am never gonna forget my DIs names... havn't met anybody yet that will.

Wyoming
Damm, this thread is giving me a right regular hard on.

Keep it up while I go pop some corn and pour about 4 fingers of Forty Creek.

Marine1011
02-05-11, 12:14 PM
I guess there's a first time for everything, Big Al. (smile)

Wyoming
02-05-11, 12:19 PM
****, for those that don't know, Aloha is actually a squared away Marine.

He got ****ed over and is rightly ****ed.

Stand by to stand by, he'll EAS and be back, as an Occifer.

Marine1011
02-05-11, 12:20 PM
In full agreement.

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 12:48 PM
You know, I didn't want this to turn into a Me Vs. Her type thing. She sounds like a squared away NCO for her unit. To be fair she has never really said anything she would do as an NCO other than PT their asses (Which is being done.) so we can't hold her style of leadership against her, as we don't even know what that is.

I just got a really nasty "be nice to the boots" and "take care of them" vibe that simply doesn't work in a combat arms unit.

Old Marine
02-05-11, 01:09 PM
****, for those that don't know, Aloha is actually a squared away Marine.

He got ****ed over and is rightly ****ed.

Stand by to stand by, he'll EAS and be back, as an Occifer.

Very doubtful.

Your right on about him coming back, but I figure he will be back at the gate wanting to get back in as he will be missing the Corps so much.

Read posts from a ton of Marines wanting back in everyday. Its very seldom that there is greener grass on he other side of the gate.:evilgrin:

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 01:21 PM
Gunny,

No doubt do I appreciate your experience. You were in the Corps at least 5 times longer than I have been in, probably more.

However, you don't know me, your only knowledge of me are posts I've written deliberately to get under the skin of Marines like you.

Old Marine
02-05-11, 01:26 PM
Gunny,

No doubt do I appreciate your experience. You were in the Corps at least 5 times longer than I have been in, probably more.

However, you don't know me, your only knowledge of me are posts I've written deliberately to get under the skin of Marines like you.

I believe that somewhere along the line you had a bad experience with some old SNCO and now you feel that you must rebel.

Believe it or not every old SNCO is an Azz hole. My $.02.:evilgrin:

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 01:30 PM
I just love seeing Marines talk about John Basilone, Dan Daly, Chesty Puller like they were gods. I always wonder if those same Marines who worship the likes of them were somehow in charge of them,...

Beltayn
02-05-11, 01:41 PM
In this thread, female winger lectures grunt about combat mindset.

oh.

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 01:42 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, I can only speak for me.

I only do it because aa looooonnnggg time ago, Marines like the Gunny were giving me such a hard time. Old Marine and other senior guys here and I go way back. Like 2006... They've known me since I was a young little poolee and...well its a long story.

But I would never come in here as a new guy and try to bust balls with senior Marines.

Old Marine
02-05-11, 01:44 PM
You are right AlohaMarine. Maybe the best thing for you is to EAS. This would probably be best for the Corps also. By your posts, it really appears that you will fit right in with the college crowd. The Marine Corps has regulations and you do not seem to like them at all. Have a good time in college, just do not forget that there is a common sense side of everything.

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 02:02 PM
I get it. You're just trying to motivate me, right Gunny?

slug
02-05-11, 02:18 PM
Hahahaha. You're post, all of them really, are absolutely laughable. You know nothing, NOTHING, about this community. Aloha is spot on, and any grunt worth a dam knows this. THIS is the Marine...

Wyoming
02-05-11, 02:40 PM
Very doubtful.

Your right on about him coming back, but I figure he will be back at the gate wanting to get back in as he will be missing the Corps so much.

Read posts from a ton of Marines wanting back in everyday. Its very seldom that there is greener grass on he other side of the gate.:evilgrin:

Maybe I should have been clearer.

He will EAS, GO TO COLLEGE, and then return, as an Occifer.

What say you Matt?

Mongoose
02-05-11, 03:00 PM
You have a valid point or two, but if I had to choose between the two of you, ahhhhhh, I would have to choose Aloha. He initially comes across as being a little angry, but for good reason. At first it sounded a big arrogant, but upon re-reading it a few times, he has the welfare of the people under him at heart. He has to make sure these people stay alive, but your anger is different.
Harper Jim, I dont know about the wars of today. But in my time, a good NCO could be both your mentor, and your friend. Being a hard ass, didnt get you very far. It wasnt uncommon for half of a platoons lances and pfc to have more combat experience than the platoon sgt. Every company has its not so sharp Marines. When we were humping those monster hills in V.N. there was always some that it was harder on. We didnt scream and cuss at them. We helped them. They were still our brother Marines. We looked out for each other. Those same Marines you helped, may be the ones that save your life tomorrow. And when we had new replacements, we did take them under our wing until they learned the ropes. There is no training for actual combat. Its something you learn on the job.

SlingerDun
02-05-11, 03:01 PM
To any boot PFCs and LCpls reading this who haven't hit the fleet yet. Here's some advice for when you do.

I'm not your friend. See those ribbons? See my stripes? I've been places. I've done my time. I don't ever want to speak to you.If you cant fire them!? they must be tolerated. And they need to be "tuned up" in order to be tolerated. So you can go on hating boots until they become seasoned, but it seems like it's part of your job to toughen up greenhorns and make them tolerably functional. Production is an indicator for success when dealing with weak and tender apprentices; It's proven easier on everybody's stomach and future well being if I behave like a stern big brother rather than a spiteful step-parent

Old Marine
02-05-11, 04:13 PM
I get it. You're just trying to motivate me, right Gunny?

By all appearances, seems to be a little late for motivation.:evilgrin:

Quinbo
02-05-11, 04:35 PM
Matt .... based more on your actions than your words I think you are a good Marine. Whomever made those phone calls is a fink.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-11, 06:40 PM
Dave, you just NAILED IT. Alas, years back there was a lot of that going on. Sad, but true.

I will say that if I hear of it going on NOW I'd be less than....pleased.

AlohaMarine
02-05-11, 06:47 PM
Gentlemen, until I have that DD214 I don't think it'd be wise to speculate. Even then, I don't really want to say anything given my future career choice. However, I am 90% certain I know who it was. He is still an active member of this forum.

Matt .... based more on your actions than your words I think you are a good Marine. Whomever made those phone calls is a fink.

Thank you. That means alot.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-11, 06:53 PM
I'm with Bulk on this.

slug
02-05-11, 07:00 PM
Gentlemen, until I have that DD214 I don't think it'd be wise to speculate. Even then, I don't really want to say anything given my future career choice. However, I am 90% certain I know who it was. He is still an active member of this forum.

Thank you. That means alot.

That takes a lot more discipline and restraint than I'd be willing to exert if I were in your shoes. Respect.

Komenko
02-05-11, 09:59 PM
This is an epic thread.

Post #51 gets :thumbup::thumbup:

AlohaMarine I have a friend currently deployed on the 31st MEU on a UDP in oki that I know feels the same as you. He got promoted to Sgt last month and he tells me that if he were to go to "The Stan" his platoon would get them all killed. He has the same mind set as you and plans to get out. good luck in college!

S/F

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-11, 11:24 PM
EPIC. Good points made on both sides here. However, I tend, at this point, to side with the NCO who is 'in the arena'. Wing and Grunt are two completely separate entities. What a Cpl has to do in the Infantry, vs what a Cpl does in the 'Wing, will not, in my experience, work for the most part. Apples and Oranges. Grunts are treated, and act, differently than highly specialized technicians. That doesn't mean they aren't both Marines, but you talk to, and treat them, differently, IMO. I speak from experience on BOTH sides of the house there, albeit many years ago.

CplVex
02-06-11, 01:00 AM
I stopped reading your post after I realized your a Corporal in the Marine Corps and you said "see those ribbons? See my stripes? I've been places. I've done my time. I don't ever want to speak to you." Way to be an NCO and share that knowledge you have with YOUR Marines...

Also to Sgt Leprechaun, I'm in the air wing. I'm also in a combat unit. I've been with RCT-2 and did combat patrols as 2/4 sat in towers and mocked us for being in a POG unit. It doesn't apply to all units.

AlohaMarine
02-06-11, 02:40 AM
I stopped reading your post after I realized your a Corporal in the Marine Corps and you said "see those ribbons? See my stripes? I've been places. I've done my time. I don't ever want to speak to you." Way to be an NCO and share that knowledge you have with YOUR Marines...

Also to Sgt Leprechaun, I'm in the air wing. I'm also in a combat unit. I've been with RCT-2 and did combat patrols as 2/4 sat in towers and mocked us for being in a POG unit. It doesn't apply to all units.

**** you girl.

Mongoose
02-06-11, 07:23 AM
EPIC. Good points made on both sides here. However, I tend, at this point, to side with the NCO who is 'in the arena'. Wing and Grunt are two completely separate entities. What a Cpl has to do in the Infantry, vs what a Cpl does in the 'Wing, will not, in my experience, work for the most part. Apples and Oranges. Grunts are treated, and act, differently than highly specialized technicians. That doesn't mean they aren't both Marines, but you talk to, and treat them, differently, IMO. I speak from experience on BOTH sides of the house there, albeit many years ago.
I cant comment on todays situations. But in my time, if you took away the Wing. Us grunts would have been up shet creek without a paddle. We relied on the Wing for our very existence.

CplVex
02-06-11, 12:48 PM
**** you girl.

Perfect response. You prove my point.

AlohaMarine
02-06-11, 01:23 PM
No you just don't get any witty responses for coming in on page 5 and trying to run your suck.

Oh, and for all the Marines who think I'm garbage, pros and cons finally hit mol. Sure, we've all known that SNCO who gives crazy good pros and cons to people who don't rate it. But have you ever seen 4.8/4.8 get passed a 1stSgt for a "sh!tbag" ?

If I reenlisted I would have picked up with those 60 points 4 or 5 months ago. All those *******s who did skipped in front of me, but whatever, they've got another 4 years at least so they will at least get to use it.

<table width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="center">OCC</td> <td align="center">PRO</td> <td align="center">CON</td> <td align="center">EFF DATE</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">SA</td> <td align="center">4.8</td> <td align="center">4.8</td> <td align="center">2011/01/31
</td></tr></tbody></table>

AlohaMarine
02-06-11, 01:27 PM
I cant comment on todays situations. But in my time, if you took away the Wing. Us grunts would have been up shet creek without a paddle. We relied on the Wing for our very existence.

We had a few Apaches helping us out on my first deployment. They did some real fine work.

Oh wait, they were in the Army.

Nah, the wing doesn't really do much of anything. I did get a few rides in 53's but those guys were all *******s.

AlohaMarine
02-06-11, 01:38 PM
You know Vex, I was thinking about taking a writing class "after work" as well. I just saw in another thread that you have alot of time to discuss things like eating at the chow hall and PT and comrats.

How much time does that take out of your schedule? I would like to attend a writing class but I spend 2 months out of every 4 (that I'm in America) living here, without internet or cell phone reception. Think I can manage? How do you do it?

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8076/pa240192.jpg

Mongoose
02-06-11, 02:29 PM
We had a few Apaches helping us out on my first deployment. They did some real fine work.

Oh wait, they were in the Army.

Nah, the wing doesn't really do much of anything. I did get a few rides in 53's but those guys were all *******s.
Your lucky there wasnt much shet going on where you was. Your little tents look like a hotel compared to what we had. Which most of the time was nothing.

EA-6BMarine
02-06-11, 03:25 PM
You know what, I just can't help but to go off on a tangent, even though I know I will offend way too many ***** ass garrison Marines when I start talking about mother****ing ******* NCOs that try to correct other Marines when their life as an NCO is spent doing sword manual, drill sessions, and leading weak ass PT sessions.

Some of us actually have to make sure our Marines are squared away so they don't get blown the **** up, or cause other Marines to get blown the **** up. And you don't find out if a Marine has what it takes to survive a near ambush after an IED attack by coddling a couple of 18 year old lazy piece of **** boot drops under your wing, you have to make sure they have what it takes. This isn't fantasy land. Some Marines simply don't have what is necessary to be a killer. Ironically, almost every single Marine I've ever had ***** out of deploying was as "thug" as they come. Straight from the depths of Philly, or D.C., or Brooklyn. So funny to see them talk about all the drive by's they did in high school. But when they're faced with that **** for real they suddenly turn into ****ing cowards. If you want to see what type of Marines I'm speaking of, go to any IPAC or Supply company. You act like I'm lazy, but I am EASing in less than 15 weeks and I am still ensuring their welfare NOT BY TAKING CARE OF THEM, BUT BY MAKING SURE THEY WILL STAY ALIVE. This means checking their body armor, making sure they know how to do reloads quickly and effectively, and making sure they know exactly whats about to ****ing happen. NOT by being their friend.

I would never expect a FEMALE from the AIRWING who was stationed in OKINAWA to understand any of that ****. (No offense Kim!!! The 80s were different)

OPSEC is a big deal, but we're deploying really REALLY soon. There is still room for change on our GO/NO GO roster. If these ****ers can't handle it, they are going to go to HQ Company and will sit around mowing grass for 7 months keeping REAL MARINES alive.

Don't worry about me E4. Go pull out your ****ing sword and teach other NCOs about Algae and stagnant water.

My life as an NCO is making sure the Marines under me know how to do their job and keep the aircraft in the sky so you could get your air support when your ass is getting shot up and especially my aircraft since I'm sure you like when the enemies cell phone gets jammed while trying to detonate his ied right on your ass.

Old Marine
02-06-11, 03:26 PM
:
Your lucky there wasnt much shet going on where you was. Your little tents look like a hotel compared to what we had. Which most of the time was nothing.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sometimes these kids just do not get it.

slug
02-06-11, 03:33 PM
The old guys always think they had it harder...

Marine1011
02-06-11, 03:36 PM
and the younger ones don't even know the meaning of the word "respect". Except as they choose to. Every Marine's gotta prove to them that that Marine deserves their respect. A hell of a way to grow up.

EA-6BMarine
02-06-11, 03:43 PM
If I was a SNCO and aloha showed me any disrespect he'd have a choke slam coming at him before he could even finish his sentence.

Wyoming
02-06-11, 03:49 PM
The old guys always think they had it harder...

You tell'em war hero.

Old Marine
02-06-11, 03:55 PM
Most of the time the best thing to do is just consider the source. Personally, I am glad that my time is over. These days I know I would be standing tall in front of the C.O. most of the time, because of not compliance with the things that go on today. Probably a few SNCO's who are career Marines are having these problems. Hope they do not screw up their careers because of some bird.

CplVex
02-06-11, 03:55 PM
Bro, no one gives a **** where you live for 2 or 4 or whatever you said. You can get whatever pros and cons you want, but to me, you're still a piece of **** who doesn't give a **** about junior Marines. End of story.

AlohaMarine
02-06-11, 04:18 PM
Bro, no one gives a **** where you live for 2 or 4 or whatever you said. You can get whatever pros and cons you want, but to me, you're still a piece of **** who doesn't give a **** about junior Marines. End of story.

You're right. I seriously don't care about junior Marines. They could be incurring debt, not paying their bills, beating their wives, hell, I don't give a **** if they do heroine on the weekends.

But I have conducted combat operations in two countries and I have never lost a Marine.

As far as the Marine Corps goes? Thats about all I do care about. Make me a PFC, take all my medals, hell you can take my pay but all those little ****s that I hate so much are alive.

AlohaMarine
02-06-11, 04:22 PM
Have a good Super Bowl Sunday gents.

Apparently there are two different Marine Corps.

I'll go find www.leathernecks-were-worn-by-killers-and-not-by-airplane-mechanics.com and hang out there

Sgt Leprechaun
02-06-11, 06:43 PM
OK, 7 pages and this one has turned into an argle/bargle/argle whose wang is bigger guns airwing youuck monkeypoop throwing biteme thread.

So, we are done. It was an interesting one to be sure. Epic.