PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna be a marine but dont know if i can?

Epic
01-29-11, 12:09 AM
Well im a 20 years old 6'2 230 pounds i sighed up to a gym to get fit since im trying to get to the 150 mark for my size since i dont wanna go to the marines unfit. <br />
<br />
So here is ware my problems...

Komenko
01-29-11, 12:31 AM
If you were told by a doctor that your bipolar then you will have to tell the recruiter about it. if people are just saying you have bipolar and they are not in the medical field or have a M.D. then what do they know! It has to be in writing from a doctor stating that you are. If thats the case then you have a very slim chance depending what the docs at MEPS say, if you get that far!

Epic
01-29-11, 12:39 AM
I have been told by doctors that i have biplolar but by old data thats more then 10 years old.

advanced
01-29-11, 07:42 AM
#1 Fill out your profile, it's a requirement here.

#2 Your condition has been documented, you're receiving SSI for it.

#3 Sorry kid, but it looks like you're out.

Lisa 23
01-29-11, 07:47 AM
Well, if that data is 10 years old, how the heck did you get SSI? You just don't sign up for it and get it years later? There's a process to go through, and you can be denied a couple of times. Eventualy, you will need to get a lawyer to help with the process.

03Mike
01-29-11, 09:00 AM
I just react the the bs people do to me like haveing some one try to hit me in highschool people expected me to be the bigger man and let said person hit me but i chose to deffend my self.
Im a calm guy i dont find trouble people bring trouble to me and i deal with it as it comes in a calm matter but sometimes it just gets stressfull and i will react with a attitude but who doesn't im a human.

Son, bootcamp will be an issue... it's all about stress.

There are many ways to serve your country, and the military is only one of them.

doc h fmf
01-29-11, 10:54 AM
Iam Sorry Son But I Was A Corpman And Unfortunately If You Got Ssi For Being Bi Polar Unfortunately Your Chances Are Slim To None> Good Luck In Your Endevers.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Epic
01-29-11, 11:41 AM
How does one get tested for biploar since when i got ssi they told me to go to a psychiatrist for him to evaluate me and all he did is ask me questions and look at old paper work?Cant the marine doc check me to see if im saine?

advanced
01-29-11, 12:10 PM
How does one get tested for biploar since when i got ssi they told me to go to a psychiatrist for him to evaluate me and all he did is ask me questions and look at old paper work?Cant the marine doc check me to see if im saine?

No one is saying you are not sane, your diagnosis simply means you might go off when things get tough. There are so many young men attempting to get in today that have no issues, you just do not have a chance.

Lisa 23
01-29-11, 12:21 PM
POOLEE/WANNABEE SITE RULES! Read FIRST!!!

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989&page=2

================================================== =====================

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Commission

Mental Health Conditions

June 10, 2009

Mood Disorders

Current mood disorders including, but not limited to, major depression (296.2–3), bipolar (296.4–7), affective psychoses (296.8–9), depressive not otherwise specified (311), are disqualifying.

History of mood disorders requiring outpatient care for longer than 6 months by a physician or other mental health professional (V65.40), or inpatient treatment in a hospital or residential facility is disqualifying.

History of symptoms consistent with a mood disorder of a repeated nature that impairs school, social, or work efficiency is disqualifying.
Current or history of adjustment disorders (309) within the previous 3 months is disqualifying.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/neurotic.htm

Epic
01-29-11, 12:37 PM
Why is so many of you uptight with my profile jesus.

also its fine i have heard you all with how my past will hurt my chances
but it still wont stop me from trying to get in.I will get my body in tip top shape and try to prove to the recruiter that im worthy of being a marine.
I know i can handle my moods since last time i got mad and it wasnt rage just mad was like 5 years ago i stay out of trouble and i can handle drama i understand why marines yell its mental also you cant wisper in combat.

But thats all i came here for i wanted true responses from real marines and not yahoo answers ware people barely know.

Lisa 23
01-29-11, 12:46 PM
Smart mouth for a wannabe. Remember, you're on a Marine Corps site and you're just a guest here.

Listen up, IF, and I mean IF the Marine Corps does grant you a waiver sometime in the future for your bi-polar, you better be able to take any type of criticism from anyone.
If you can't handle what's being told to you on the internet, then you won't be able to handle what will come at you in the Marine Corps.

You got a proble with the site rules, then I suggest you PM the site owner, Shaffer, and complain to him. He put them there for a reason. His site, his rules.....you should follow them.

Oh, and the info and link I provided for you DID NOT come from yahoo.

You're questions have been asked and answered, you don't like what you see here, the go talk with a recruiter face to face.

advanced
01-29-11, 12:51 PM
Sounds like he's the yahoo. He won't take our info and he won't abide by the site rules, that means ......

Lisa 23
01-29-11, 12:52 PM
Sounds like he's the yahoo. He won't take our info and he won't abide by the site rules, that means ......

If he, or anyone else, can't follow some simple site rules, then they won't be able to follow any rules in the Marine Corps.

Epic
01-29-11, 01:08 PM
Smart mouth for a wannabe. Remember, you're on a Marine Corps site and you're just a guest here.

Listen up, IF, and I mean IF the Marine Corps does grant you a waiver sometime in the future for your bi-polar, you better be able to take any type of criticism from anyone.
If you can't handle what's being told to you on the internet, then you won't be able to handle what will come at you in the Marine Corps.

You got a proble with the site rules, then I suggest you PM the site owner, Shaffer, and complain to him. He put them there for a reason. His site, his rules.....you should follow them.

Oh, and the info and link I provided for you DID NOT come from yahoo.

You're questions have been asked and answered, you don't like what you see here, the go talk with a recruiter face to face.

First of all what did i say that made you think i have a smart mouth?
2nd i never said your info came from yahoo.
also if you read and didnt try to go hardcore on me you would have read that i said i came here for info because i didnt wanna lisen to the people on yahoo since they give bad info i never said your infos are bad i just inplied that i wont let your downing info stop me from trying to get in thats all i can take cristism this in no way has upset me but seems like you all get on the rage wagon fast.

also with your last comment "if i dont like what i see here then go talk with a recruiter face to face"If you read i came here for info and i said i was going to talk to a recruiter even if you all gave me info.

some of you marines try hard to insult and fail hard same time!

And what makes me a wannabe?

Me saying im still going to try even if my odds are against me?

This is my last post since most of you are trying to bring me down and i wont let that happen i will go talk to a recruiter and try to get in if i dont i still got boxing i wanted to go in.

also i did follow the rules i just didnt have time or knew i had to alll i said was you all were getting on my case on it since i made this account yesterday.

Lisa 23
01-29-11, 01:14 PM
Me, being hardcore and putting you down.....nah. I'm just telling it like it is.

Wannabe......someone who wants to be a Marine. That's what a wannabe is.

Lisa 23
01-29-11, 01:20 PM
but seems like you all get on the rage wagon fast.

some of you marines (Marines) try hard to insult and fail hard same time!

If you think some of us Marines here are on the "rage wagon" and try hard to insult and fail........Drill Instructors in boot camp are 100 times worse than this.

Epic
01-29-11, 01:31 PM
Oh man with your double posting i had to come back in this.

Isnt there a rule for double posting?

also drill instructors worse then this?

when did i say this here was worse i can take this and take some drill instructors saying do this or ill cut your eyes out or some other shock factor remarks most of the remarks most drill instructors make are funny and in no way make me mad or run in fear i would laugh quitly while they whent on there rage spree haveing some one yell in my face and say things i can handle since its mental.also telling me how it is?You saying i dont have a chance is how it is?I can prove i dont have bipolar and get a waiver so thats how it is.
Your really fun to talk to and i changed my mind i will respond to ya.
These kind of things are what i do that leads people to think i have bipolar me deffending my self and giveing comebacks.

Lisa 23
01-29-11, 01:46 PM
Get re-evaluated by the doctors who diagnosed you with bipolar that you don't have it anymore....and then you need to stop the SSI you're getting for it.
Wait the time that's required, and then go talk with a recruiter face to face.

Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do.

Lisa 23
01-29-11, 01:54 PM
***Time ran out before I could edit my last post........***

Get re-evaluated by the doctors who diagnosed you with bipolar, and if they diagnose you that you no longer are bipolar, have it documented........then you will need to stop the SSI you're getting for it.

Don't know what else to tell you.

SGT7477
01-30-11, 08:54 AM
If you think some of us Marines here are on the "rage wagon" and try hard to insult and fail........Drill Instructors in boot camp are 100 times worse than this.
Oh maybe Sister, Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-11, 07:19 PM
You are done. Both here and as a wannabee in the Marine Corps. It's obvious that your 'bipolar' issues are showing, either that or you just think you are cooler than the EXPERIENCED Marines attempting to answer your question.

You also either didn't bother to read, or failed that part of 'reading comprehension class', the site rules, which clearly set the standard for wannabee behavior.

Don't like the harsh tone? Tough cookies sweetheart. Go to Ilovepinkponiesdotcom or one of the airsoft sites where you can either whine to your hearts content or be a billy badazz and it doesn't matter.

Regardless of all that, if you are drawing SSI for "Bipolar" you are forever DQ'd from the Marine Corps, and for good reason. Thanks, but no thanks. Seek life fullfillment elsewhere.

Extracted via Black Helicopter for gross violation of site rules and a complete lack of respect.

sparkie
02-01-11, 08:11 PM
By By,,,, Or in your case Ib Ib,,,,,,