PDA

View Full Version : Poolee with pregnant girlfriend

UsmcArty92
01-28-11, 03:09 PM
So I've already dep'd in, signed my contract, and received my ship date. My girlfriend is pregnant and is having the baby 3 weeks before I ship out. I haven't told my recruiter YET because I was going to wait till we got married but I don't want to tell him 3 weeks before I ship that I'm married and have a baby because that's just messed up.. So should I tell him now? The thing Im worried about is that the airforce doesn't take single parents (you have to be married if you have a kid) and idk if the Marine Corps is the same way. Also is there any way this could affect me joining?

Zulu 36
01-28-11, 03:48 PM
Read the site rules and profile up. Come back when you're done.

Lisa 23
01-28-11, 04:51 PM
Read the site rules and profile up. Come back when you're done.

POOLEE/WANNABEE SITE RULES! Read FIRST!!!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989&page=2

usmcmsf
01-28-11, 05:01 PM
The child will be a dependent and you will have to tell your recruiter about that, or else you surely be kicked out once caught. The later you wait more problems you'll have.

UsmcArty92
01-28-11, 05:37 PM
POOLEE/WANNABEE SITE RULES! Read FIRST!!!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989&page=2

Sorry about that, I added some info to my profile if that's what you meant

UsmcArty92
01-28-11, 05:43 PM
The child will be a dependent and you will have to tell your recruiter about that, or else you surely be kicked out once caught. The later you wait more problems you'll have.

I don't plan on keeping it from him, I just don't know if I should tell him before we get married or after. But your right, the longer I wait the worse it's probably going to be, but can you still join the Marines if you have a kid and your not married?

Zulu 36
01-28-11, 06:20 PM
I don't plan on keeping it from him, I just don't know if I should tell him before we get married or after. But your right, the longer I wait the worse it's probably going to be, but can you still join the Marines if you have a kid and your not married?

Tell your recruiter ASAP. Suddenly, as far as he knows, you are going from no dependents to one plus one in the oven. Big change in status.

YourPhoneIsMine
01-28-11, 08:10 PM
Uh yeah. Tell him. Right now. Don't be an idiot. if you need to get married before you ship then do so, its your own fault for knocking her up and not getting rid of it. They find out later and you will be proper ****ed

USNAviator
01-28-11, 08:41 PM
Uh yeah. Tell him. Right now. Don't be an idiot. if you need to get married before you ship then do so, its your own fault for knocking her up and not getting rid of it. They find out later and you will be proper ****ed

IT???? IT!. I don't care how sophisticated you think or how righteous you may feel, to refer to a fetus as an IT ****es me off and if this is who I think it is, I expected more

What gives you the right to proffer advice to a young man who will soon become father? You ever been a father? I thought not. Well I have twice and we lost our third child via miscarriage

IT? Not here. not now, no way

sparkie
01-28-11, 08:44 PM

Time to back down,, Fatty.

USNAviator
01-28-11, 08:51 PM
Time to back down,, Fatty.

Thanks Sparkie, that's who I thought it was.. Got it under control now.

I asked you on another thread, you're son OK? You OK?

USNAviator
01-28-11, 09:02 PM
So I've already dep'd in, signed my contract, and received my ship date. My girlfriend is pregnant and is having the baby 3 weeks before I ship out. I haven't told my recruiter YET because I was going to wait till we got married but I don't want to tell him 3 weeks before I ship that I'm married and have a baby because that's just messed up.. So should I tell him now? The thing Im worried about is that the airforce doesn't take single parents (you have to be married if you have a kid) and idk if the Marine Corps is the same way. Also is there any way this could affect me joining?

Son ...man up, tell the truth ASAP. You're going to be a father, sadly you may not get to be a Dad. But be in your childs life as much as you can be

Good luck to you and I hope it works out well

UsmcArty92
01-28-11, 09:38 PM
Son ...man up, tell the truth ASAP. You're going to be a father, sadly you may not get to be a Dad. But be in your childs life as much as you can be

Good luck to you and I hope it works out well

Yea, im telling him tomorrow, but is there any way that can affect me joining?

UsmcArty92
01-28-11, 09:43 PM
Thanks everyone for all the advice, I really appreciate it.

Lisa 23
01-28-11, 10:37 PM
Yea, im telling him tomorrow, but is there any way that can affect me joining?

Talk with a recruiter face to face.

Tennessee Top
02-01-11, 03:16 PM
I've seen some of Fatty's reply's on other topics. Thinks he is a real bad dude; definitely way too salty for only a LCpl. He needs to do some growing up (as well as watching his language) before spouting his opinions on a public forum. Using profane language does not make you a Marine. It has been reported.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-11, 07:34 PM
Taken care of. Thanks to all.

YourPhoneIsMine
02-17-11, 12:01 PM
lol was it for calling him an idiot even though the description fits or because I suggested they short the thing? pfft indeed

Sgt Leprechaun
02-18-11, 10:37 PM
Just a jakazz reply in general.

Tennessee Top
02-19-11, 12:25 PM
Just a jakazz reply in general.

That's what Fatty is known for; a real piece of work.

PJones64
02-19-11, 01:32 PM
He's much more than a piece of work. He's a real Marines' Marine. Ha ha. Can't reason his way out of a wet paper bag yet thinks he is at the top of his game in the area of general knowledge. He means well but is plagued by delusions of grandeur.

SlingerDun
02-19-11, 03:14 PM
FattyTheFerret tells you: "its your own fault for knocking her up and not getting rid of it" " I suggested they short the thing"

Aye god what a miserable wretched little fella! How i do wish you'd been present to say that to my face when my daughters mother was expecting either one of our children:mad:

PJones64
02-19-11, 04:09 PM
His delusions of grandeur literally know no bounds, Dave

Baker1971
02-19-11, 04:43 PM
Fatty is boil on the azz of the Corps. He should be terminally lanced.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-19-11, 05:56 PM
This one has lost it's charm...LOL. Closed.