PDA

View Full Version : Dave and Dan's Derail Debacle

Sgt Leprechaun
01-27-11, 09:36 PM
Whereby totally random thoughts and rabbit trails are posted, commented on and remarked upon. Thanks to the Dave and Dan show! Let the randomness....COMMENCE.

Sigh.

USNAviator
01-27-11, 09:45 PM
Whereby totally random thoughts and rabbit trails are posted, commented on and remarked upon. Thanks to the Dave and Dan show! Let the randomness....COMMENCE.

Sigh.

You're up Dave, it was your idea!!! LOL... My God random thoughts? I could spend all day on here....;).. Disjointed? Sorry no drugs allowed!! Do we get T shirts??

USNAviator
01-27-11, 09:51 PM
You're up Dave, it was your idea!!! LOL... My God random thoughts? I could spend all day on here....;).. Disjointed? Sorry no drugs allowed!! Do we get T shirts??

There goes my credibilty as a former officer....lo!! I'll submit my resignation in the morning, in triplicate

m14ed
01-28-11, 02:58 AM
Debacle ???? (used in a sentence ) Example=
Your Military Alignment is to be correct when the seams of your trouser zipper flap, dress shirt seam and the Edge of Debacle of your web belt are inline ???

Had to toss that somewhere
Have any of you good people ever wondered if POTUS/obamasan and CLUTCH CARGO were seperated at birth ???

I think there is a very Strong Family likeness around their lips when animated.

sparkie
01-28-11, 07:41 AM
Does this mean I can't sidetrack other threads? Damm. Need a new hobby.

0331 2 0369
01-28-11, 07:47 AM
I really don't think this thread is going to stop the "derailment efforts" that some people love to do. Isn't that right Sparkie? :D

lastcigar
01-28-11, 09:04 AM
Ironic, very ironic.

hbharrison
01-28-11, 11:18 AM
Who, what I need more coffee and I got to go p**.

USNAviator
01-28-11, 02:13 PM
I just came in from court and said W T F???? I cannot believe Lep actually did what I suggested, and make this a thread and sticky...LOL
Commander, Dan, USNAviator, I can't believe you alluded to how I outrank you in age but not in pay grade. I suppose my O-3 time doesn't count, as it does not approach the O-5 paygrade......I was going to say that my USMC grade, E-5, outranks any Navy rank, but would be too cold, even for me :)))))))

I wasn't alluding Capt. merely stating the facts.....:D

BTW I was shocked as well about this, I'm not even sure I understand it's purpose. Nice burn on the E-5 comment

micarr57
01-28-11, 08:18 PM
totally random thoughts......
lots of room there
how am i supposted to post a random thought
i'll have to think about that ....
and get back to you

sparkie
01-28-11, 08:27 PM
I'm tired. Only the young die. It sucks a big one. I volunteer but they won't send me. I have some time left to do a waisted war again. I'm tired,,, Again,,,. fukthem.

sparkie
01-28-11, 08:41 PM
Sorry.

USNAviator
01-28-11, 08:43 PM
Sorry.

None needed. You're boy OK?

sparkie
01-28-11, 08:46 PM
Yea,,,, His dream is firefighter. I respect him.

sdk87to91
01-31-11, 02:02 PM
Israel?

0331 2 0369
01-31-11, 02:11 PM
Israel?

Lower California...... otherwise referred to as Mexico. :D

lonewolf121
01-31-11, 02:35 PM
Lower California...... otherwise referred to as Mexico. :D

When I lived in San Diego, we use to reference Chula Vista as Chula Jauna... :cool:

Mongoose
01-31-11, 02:41 PM
I just came in from court and said W T F???? I cannot believe Lep actually did what I suggested, and make this a thread and sticky...LOL
Commander, Dan, USNAviator, I can't believe you alluded to how I outrank you in age but not in pay grade. I suppose my O-3 time doesn't count, as it does not approach the O-5 paygrade......I was going to say that my USMC grade, E-5, outranks any Navy rank, but would be too cold, even for me :)))))))
Advanced and I out rank both of you. We were grunts.

Mongoose
01-31-11, 02:45 PM
And he even threw in the "sigh" on purpose because he knows it cracks me up when he says that as he closes a thread when folks are out of control and it's like a grandfather watching his grandchildren running wild, then he gets fed up and says time for bed! and sighs, like, why do they plague me so------first time I've ever seen Lep use it to OPEN a thread.
So, Dan, here, we don't have to worry about straying from subject matter at hand, because there is none to begin with.
Finally a subject Dave and Dan can relate to. A subject on nothing. ( just kidding )

USNAviator
01-31-11, 03:47 PM
Advanced and I out rank both of you. We were grunts.

I'll grant you that one Billy. :thumbup:

And since this is a place of random thoughts, I wonder how the word grunt became used to describe infantry

USNAviator
01-31-11, 04:00 PM
Another random thought. Met a shipmate today. I was walking down the sidewalk when I noticed a guy squatting down, coffee cup in one hand, another one with some change next to his feet

One other thing I noticed was that he was wearing a Navy ball cap. Well normally I pass on by but something made me stop. Seems this gentleman and I served on the Kennedy together during my first deployment. He was enlisted, part of the ships crew. I knew he wasn't full of bs because I asked him if he remembered the C.O.'s name. Damn straight he did

We got to talking, he hit some bad times, lost a few jobs. His wife died, well you know the story. He's staying in a shelter now till he gets back on his feet. I gave him what I had on me, offered to stake him to a meal.

We shook hands and then I turned to walk away. About 3 seconds went past when he called to me "Sir" I turned and he snapped off one of the best salutes I've ever seen.

Now I 'm going to lie, that salute brought tears to me eyes

Yes I met a shipmate today. And not only did we serve on the same ship, we serve together in the brotherhood of man

Rocky C
01-31-11, 04:16 PM
Random Thought ???

I miss Prell Shampoo.
I wish it would come back............

Mongoose
01-31-11, 04:45 PM
Another random thought. Met a shipmate today. I was walking down the sidewalk when I noticed a guy squatting down, coffee cup in one hand, another one with some change next to his feet

One other thing I noticed was that he was wearing a Navy ball cap. Well normally I pass on by but something made me stop. Seems this gentleman and I served on the Kennedy together during my first deployment. He was enlisted, part of the ships crew. I knew he wasn't full of bs because I asked him if he remembered the C.O.'s name. Damn straight he did

We got to talking, he hit some bad times, lost a few jobs. His wife died, well you know the story. He's staying in a shelter now till he gets back on his feet. I gave him what I had on me, offered to stake him to a meal.

We shook hands and then I turned to walk away. About 3 seconds went past when he called to me "Sir" I turned and he snapped off one of the best salutes I've ever seen.

Now I 'm going to lie, that salute brought tears to me eyes

Yes I met a shipmate today. And not only did we serve on the same ship, we serve together in the brotherhood of man
Great story Dan. It breaks my heart to see people get that far down. And I want to thank you for giving your old ship mate what you could. Least of all, we forget our brothers. I think you would have made a great Marine, Dan.

USNAviator
01-31-11, 06:25 PM
I think you would have made a great Marine, Dan.

Billy I take that as an incredible compliment. Thank you sir

Fair winds from the Navy

USNAviator
01-31-11, 07:04 PM
You know I've always wondered when extra terrestials visit our planet, why do their space craft have navigation lights? Is it that crowded out there in hyper space? ;)

sparkie
01-31-11, 07:58 PM
Crap..... I can't say much. The lizzard people are listening.

sparkie
01-31-11, 08:08 PM
Truthfully, have you seen things? The road in front is abt 50 yds out. Abt 6 months ago I saw a tall man all in black with wide brim hat gliding down the road a bit faster than a walk, and no walk/bounce. Since then my wife and son have seen him on seperate occasions. Do you bozzos ever see things?

USNAviator
01-31-11, 08:23 PM
Truthfully, have you seen things? The road in front is abt 50 yds out. Abt 6 months ago I saw a tall man all in black with wide brim hat gliding down the road a bit faster than a walk, and no walk/bounce. Since then my wife and son have seen him on seperate occasions. Do you bozzos ever see things?

Sparkie

When I was in advanced flight in Kingsville, I was flying a late night nav problem when I saw "something" It was light in the sky. It went verticle. horizontal, it stopped, it dived. It was pretty frigging amazing. I radioed into ATC asking if they had picked up any "anomalies" on their screens. Nothing. Then they asked if I wished to report a UFO. Negative on my part, that was a career ender. That was rubber room time

The next day in the Austin Statesman American, in bold headlines, two Continental Air pilots reported seeing a UFO. I felt better but I still kept my mouth shut

USNAviator
01-31-11, 09:05 PM
A lot of pilots report UFOs, a lot of state police and highway patrol troopers, a lot of citizens on the street---has to be something to it. Project Blue Book said there was.

Oh I agree Dave. If you study the history of reported sightings,they intially occured soon after the end of WW2 and our detonation of an atomic weapon

But Dave, that brings up a question, if there are more advanced civilizations, how did they get that way? Do they have a God? Do they believe in our God.

Oh wow my head hurts....:beer:

You know this goofy thread might workl after all!!

USNAviator
01-31-11, 09:07 PM
That Roswell incident wasn't a weather balloon.

I agree 100%. But hey it was handled by Zoomies. Oh sorry Dave, no offense intended.......:D

Phantom Blooper
01-31-11, 09:08 PM
if there are more advanced civilizations, how did they get that way?

They get jobs in Washington.DC

USNAviator
01-31-11, 09:13 PM
They get jobs in Washington.DC

Probably live in Georgetown as well, with Gore Vidal. You know Chuck I always suspected him of not being "right". Oh I know he's not all right but but if he's left then how can he be right, am I right?

Phantom Blooper
01-31-11, 09:15 PM
Can't argue with someone when they are right....Dan....am I right?:beer:

USNAviator
01-31-11, 09:21 PM
Thanks, Dan.....I have made mistakes like all of us, but one of my very worst was the day I disclosed to my Marine buddies from the mid-1960s that 12 years after I got out of the Corps, I became an Air Force JAG, Captain, for three years.
It makes no difference to them, ballbusting-wise, if it was 12 years or 12 minutes.
I have never heard the end of that. LOL

I think that ball should be kept in the air, Zoomie. All seriousness aside, you can up from the bottom my friend, the Corps, GED, college then Law School and the into the AF Jag ( Ok one career slip....lol) You sir are an inspiration to all the young folk who are looking up at nothing

Fair winds, Sgt/Capt

USNAviator
01-31-11, 09:26 PM
Can't argue with someone when they are right....Dan....am I right?:beer:

Not unless you left, am I right?

Phantom Blooper
01-31-11, 09:29 PM
How about ambidextrous?

Phantom Blooper
01-31-11, 09:30 PM
Area 51 ?

USNAviator
01-31-11, 09:39 PM
How about ambidextrous?

Then that would make you a middle of the road liberal/conservative with far too much time on your hands. But are you right brain or left...hmmm?. Another day

Hold up your right hand. Sorry right is wrong

Mongoose
02-01-11, 01:12 PM
I think that ball should be kept in the air, Zoomie. All seriousness aside, you can up from the bottom my friend, the Corps, GED, college then Law School and the into the AF Jag ( Ok one career slip....lol) You sir are an inspiration to all the young folk who are looking up at nothing

Fair winds, Sgt/Capt
Well what about this old grunt? Hell, I started out with nothing. And I still have most of it.

USNAviator
02-01-11, 02:29 PM
Dan, how many classes do you teach over there?? And are they all history classes?

Three Dave, all history, all US History!!!

USNAviator
02-01-11, 02:31 PM
Well what about this old grunt? Hell, I started out with nothing. And I still have most of it.

LOL ...how true Billy. But you were a Marine, and no one can take that away from you...:thumbup:

sparkie
02-01-11, 02:55 PM
.. -.-. --- -- . .. -. .--. . .- -.-. .

sparkie
02-01-11, 03:02 PM
Yea the spaces wouldn't hold in this text format,,,sorry.

sparkie
02-01-11, 04:13 PM
Wanna Go?

Area 51 Tour from Las Vegas
Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Time: 7:00 AM · Other dates and times (http://www.leatherneck.com/events/search?q=Area+51+Tour+from+Las+Vegas&p1=%5bEvents+source%3d%22vertical%22+qzparentid%3d %22z110208625%22%5d&FORM=DTPEVE)
Venue: City of Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
Website: http://www.thedestinationcenter.com (http://www.thedestinationcenter.com)
Share: Facebook (http://www.leatherneck.com/pr/p/?p=Event&o=FacebookSharer&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bing.com%2fevents%2fsearch%3fq% 3dArea+51+Tour+from+Las+Vegas%26p1%3d%5bEvents+sou rce%3d%22vertical%22+qzeventid%3d%22z110209505%22+ d%3d%22Feb+2%2c+7%3a00+am%22+v%3d%22City+of+Las+Ve gas%22+c%3d%22Las+Vegas%2c+NV%22%5d%26mkt%3den-us&t=Area+51+Tour+from+Las+Vegas)Twitter (http://www.leatherneck.com/pr/p/?p=Event&o=Twitter&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bing.com%2fevents%2fsearch%3fq% 3dArea+51+Tour+from+Las+Vegas%26p1%3d%5bEvents+sou rce%3d%22vertical%22+qzeventid%3d%22z110209505%22+ d%3d%22Feb+2%2c+7%3a00+am%22+v%3d%22City+of+Las+Ve gas%22+c%3d%22Las+Vegas%2c+NV%22%5d%26mkt%3den-us&t=Area+51+Tour+from+Las+Vegas)Email (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/#)

<!-- Detail Description Section Starts -->The route to Area 51 is through some of the most desolate, uninhabited and incredibly scenic desert in the world. On the edge of an ancient dry lake… more (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/#)The route to Area 51 is through some of the most desolate, uninhabited and incredibly scenic desert in the world. On the edge of an ancient dry lake we view very unusual Indian petroglyphs that resemble aliens, we then explore this mysterious dry lake where recent sightings of UFO's have been observed. After another beautiful drive along the Extraterrestrial Highway we arrive at the famous Little A'le' Inn. This location has been the host of numerous documentaries and movies including "Independence Day." Here you will find a wealth of information and souvenirs on this top-secret area. Captain Chuck Clark, an ex-air force captain, has written a manual on Area 51, which is also available for purchase. After a great Alien Burger at the Little A'le' Inn we journey to the infamous Black Mailbox, a sacred meeting place for UFO enthusiasts. We arrive at the absolute perimeter of Area 51 through a strange and deformed Joshua Tree forest where the guards (The Men In Black) forever stand watch along with detection devices, listening devices and cameras mounted among the cactus. The signs read, "Top Secret Military Facility, Keep Out, Use of Deadly force Authorized" and I'm sure they mean it. You can wave at the heavily armed guards in the 4x4 parked on the desert hillside but they don't wave back. They just wait and watch from behind their darkened windows. It's very spooky. As much as the United States government has denied the existence of this base, we know it is there but no one knows what it is they do there. This is an Extreme Tour to the world's most top secret military facility, the real home of the X files. Full Day Sightseeing Tour / Approximately 8 Hours Las Vegas Hotel pickups approximately 7:00 a.m. Operates on Wednesday only (parties of 4 or more any day.) Combinations paved and gentle off road with limited access to facilities.

lonewolf121
02-01-11, 04:34 PM
.. -.-. --- -- . .. -. .--. . .- -.-. .

.- -. -.. .- .-. . .- ..... .---- .. ... .--- ..- ... - .- .-. . ... - ... - --- .--.

Mongoose
02-01-11, 04:40 PM
.- -. -.. .- .-. . .- ..... .---- .. ... .--- ..- ... - .- .-. . ... - ... - --- .--.
---......--...------.....***..------**--.........--

USNAviator
02-01-11, 05:17 PM
Or, maybe five or so spaces between letters, not words.....the characters appear slurred, otherwise.

oscar, hotel
golf, oscar, delta
november, oscar, tango
mike, oscar, romeo, siera, echo
charlie, oscar, delta, echo

lima, mike, alpha, oscar.......:D

Phantom Blooper
02-01-11, 07:23 PM
Who is on first?

And depending which side of field you are sitting on is it the left or right?

Where is the shortstop and second?

Is it in the middle?

Am I right?

USNAviator
02-01-11, 07:34 PM
Who is on first?

And depending which side of field you are sitting on is it the left or right?

Where is the shortstop and second?

Is it in the middle?

Am I right?

Great A@C routine Chuck.

Costello: Same as you! Same as YOU! I throw the ball to who. Whoever it is drops the ball and the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I Don't Know. I Don't Know throws it back to Tomorrow, Triple play. Another guy gets up and hits a long fly ball to Because. Why? I don't know! He's on third and I don't give a darn!
Abbott: What?
Costello: I said I don't give a darn!
Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop.

USNAviator
02-01-11, 07:41 PM
A math lesson by Lou Costello. Recognize the guy on the left?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W7XJ41JPSc

Phantom Blooper
02-01-11, 07:48 PM
Shemp Howard

USNAviator
02-01-11, 07:53 PM
Shemp Howard

Correct!! I believe "older" brother of Moe and Curly ( Maurice and Jerome)..LOL well as it has been advertised, this is a thread about random thoughts.

sparkie
02-01-11, 07:55 PM
Almost ashamed I started this crap,,,,,,, I come in peace,,,,,.

USNAviator
02-01-11, 08:13 PM
Almost ashamed I started this crap,,,,,,, I come in peace,,,,,.

What crap?

sparkie
02-01-11, 08:18 PM
Dan,,, I started morris code crap 'cause this is the refuge thread,,,. But I am too old and tired to impress anyone. Pardon my ego. I stand waiting for any who care. OOPS,,, my ego again.....

USNAviator
02-01-11, 08:32 PM
Dan,,, I started morris code crap 'cause this is the refuge thread,,,. But I am too old and tired to impress anyone. Pardon my ego. I stand waiting for any who care. OOPS,,, my ego again.....

I'm not sure how you and your fellow Marines will take this but no worries here my brother. Not a brother Marine but a brother who served.

Morse code is a dieing soon to be lost art. I tried but failed when as a kid to master it, wanted to get my license, built a Halicrafters kit from scratch

Are you proficient in Morse?

sparkie
02-01-11, 08:37 PM
No,,,, I just had to learn it in '69. As a 2841. And I have no problem with you,,,, my brother servant... Semper Fi.

USNAviator
02-01-11, 08:58 PM
No,,,, I just had to learn it in '69. As a 2841. And I have no problem with you,,,, my brother servant... Semper Fi.

Thanks, fair winds!

kenrobg30
02-02-11, 08:11 AM
Good Morning Sparkie and DAN. Snow is getting up to my elbow this morning. We are still waiting for the REAL storhere, that everyone around us is bragging about. We only got about six inches over night. After a while, I'llo have to go out and try to find my dog, thje last time I saw him, he was tunneling out behind the house. I'll just have to follow his anchor cable, or reel him in like a fish.
I wish you Gentlemen (?) would stop being so polite to each other, It makes me wonder what you're up to. ;) S/F!! Ken

Marine1955
02-02-11, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure how you and your fellow Marines will take this but no worries here my brother. Not a brother Marine but a brother who served.

Morse code is a dieing soon to be lost art. I tried but failed when as a kid to master it, wanted to get my license, built a Halicrafters kit from scratch

"><embed src="http://www.coolestone.com/flv_player/Main.swf" quality="high" flashvars="config=http://www.coolestone.com/flv_player/data/playerConfigEmbed/787.xml" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="660" align="middle" height="393">

lonewolf121
02-02-11, 11:29 AM
That's freakin awesome!

USNAviator
02-02-11, 02:39 PM
Good Morning Sparkie and DAN. Snow is getting up to my elbow this morning. We are still waiting for the REAL storhere, that everyone around us is bragging about. We only got about six inches over night. After a while, I'llo have to go out and try to find my dog, thje last time I saw him, he was tunneling out behind the house. I'll just have to follow his anchor cable, or reel him in like a fish.
I wish you Gentlemen (?) would stop being so polite to each other, It makes me wonder what you're up to. ;) S/F!! Ken

Ken, good to see you posting again. Isn't you dog's name Sparkie?

Gentleman? In the words of the immortal, Jerome "Curly" Howard, who came in?

Thank you for your opinion on the Korea War memorial in D.C. It's most impressive, especially in the early evening just before sunset, eerie in fact. Your point that the last statue in the column, a radio man is out of place. He would not have been last but if not directly behind the squad leader then certainly very close by

Mistybluelady
02-02-11, 03:45 PM
Had to come and check out the Dave and Dan show... surprised Mr humble hasnt pulled rank yet and got his name first on the card....isnt that a song..oh Lord its hard to be humble... speaking of "god" he sent me a couple of pm's... asked him to keep a eye on you Dan...not quite sure about you anymore:p

hugzzzzz from the
Canadian :angel:

Rocky C
02-02-11, 03:57 PM

Yes Sir............

USNAviator
02-02-11, 04:56 PM
Had to come and check out the Dave and Dan show... surprised Mr humble hasnt pulled rank yet and got his name first on the card....isnt that a song..oh Lord its hard to be humble... speaking of "god" he sent me a couple of pm's... asked him to keep a eye on you Dan...not quite sure about you anymore:p

hugzzzzz from the
Canadian :angel:

Well now, a visitor from a foreign land. Welcome, still cold up there? Two below? Oh sorry that's in Mississippi

The only reason my name isn't first is because I "insisted" Dave be first. He's a true gentleman and he's older. Rank may have its privilege but age before beauty still goes!!! ( sorry Dave)

So now you PM God? And he PM's you back? Mmmmmmm....Does Pat Robertson know about this, I thought he was the only one with God's address

Nevertheless it's good to hear from you again. I think the last time I saw you was at The Club Babylon, wasn't it?. Ah....old times there are not forgotten

Thanks for the hugzzzzz's Canadian Lady and don't be a stranger

Irish ;)

Mistybluelady
02-02-11, 06:26 PM
Ahhhh Babylon, those were fun times werent they? I hope you are a better tipper now.
And yes.. I am in good with "God" .. we chat... mostly about you...how sweet and humble you are... you must have the supermodels following you all over.....must be rough.... See ya Irish.... hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

USNAviator
02-02-11, 06:39 PM
Ahhhh Babylon, those were fun times werent they? I hope you are a better tipper now.
And yes.. I am in good with "God" .. we chat... mostly about you...how sweet and humble you are... you must have the supermodels following you all over.....must be rough.... See ya Irish.... hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LOL.... we sure did have some good times, what I can remember. I always gave you the biggest tip O'Canada. BTW, how are the twins these days? Boy those two really put on a show :)

Very kind of you ma'am to be so concerned about me. If all those supermodels put all their heads together they would still be a lobe short

Give my best to everyone especially Tucker. Stay warm up there in the frozen north. I think I still have your gstring sorry gmail address. Was off on a tangent

Irish Himself

USNAviator
02-02-11, 06:42 PM
I guess this thread DID take off, after all, Commander.

I think it did very well thanks to you Dave. Great idea and thanks to Lep for going with the flow

sparkie
02-02-11, 08:16 PM
Well,,,, Lep has been drunk for a month,,,,,, so don't hold yer breath. I, however is completely cogisnant of my actons,,,. After all, I have sworn to drink no more than normal. Boy, that wall just moved.

Phantom Blooper
02-06-11, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Dave2571 http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=733988#post733988)
I guess this thread DID take off, after all, Commander

Then it looks like it slowed down.....

Let us all hold hands and make contact with the living.

And liven things up around here....I mean come now .....it was being discussed about G-strings and big tippers and then last call.....

Where there is hot, there is cold, where there is up, there is down, and where there is neither, there is nothing.

You are not the first to run into this conundrum, as this is how it was phrased by the author of Alice in Wonderland:

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."

Louis Carroll

USNAviator
02-06-11, 12:16 PM
Back to G-strings, then.

Well I see some one gave life to this thread once again

Mistybluelady
02-06-11, 01:13 PM
It was G-MAIL!!! thanks alot Irish.... I owe ya one....lol

USNAviator
02-06-11, 01:26 PM
It was G-MAIL!!! thanks alot Irish.... I owe ya one....lol

Always ready to help out Misty. Even at the Club Babylon I was a big help making sure nothing happened to the twins snake. What was his name, Bubbles?

Speaking of slips, do woman still wear them? Did Freud wear one?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg

Mistybluelady
02-06-11, 01:34 PM
Cant really speak for Freud.... never saw him in Babylon.....you however were a regular

USNAviator
02-06-11, 01:43 PM
Cant really speak for Freud.... never saw him in Babylon.....you however were a regular

Yes I know, I even went when I was feeling irregular. And why not, you always put on a good show!!! I read somewhere that the night the SP's raided the Club,nothing could hold or contain the twins. They just busted out.

Mistybluelady
02-06-11, 01:47 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahaha thats funny chit right there!

USNAviator
02-07-11, 04:01 PM
Dan, did you see what Phantom Blooper posted in one of the threads yesterday or last night, a song or poem, I thought it was one of the best things I ever read. I forget where it was now--and it was just yesterday. But there are so many topics and threads---did you happen to see it, it was hilarious.

No I guess I missed that one. Maybe Chuck will let us know where it is

USNAviator
02-07-11, 04:04 PM
I will but something weird just happened. I posted a reply or tried to in the dress blue photo thread and it never showed up

USNAviator
02-07-11, 04:14 PM
Dave did you hear about the guy from Boston who goes and visit Virginia? When he gets to Richmond, the naturally open, caring and generous folks who inhabit that state ask the visitor where's he's from. To which the stoic Bostonian replies.."I'm from Boston,Massachusetts"

The kind and caring Virginian replies, "Welcome to America" ;)

Phantom Blooper
02-07-11, 06:47 PM
Sigmund Freud wore a G-String at Babylon......who would have thunk that?

USNAviator
02-07-11, 06:58 PM
Sigmund Freud wore a G-String at Babylon......who would have thunk that?

I don't know you'll have to ask Misty about that. But I have a random thought. Chuck in the rare times that you put a hand/hands on your hip/hips, are your fingers pointed forward or backward?

BTW, welcome back Chuck. the purpose of this thread is not to have a purpose. Free form stream of consciousness or unconsciousness whatever works for you

Phantom Blooper
02-07-11, 08:13 PM
My thumbs face to the front.....

Unless I throw my hip out to the front cock my neck and say,"Yo wattsup girl?"

Then I am not worried which way they are facing.

Mistybluelady
02-07-11, 08:18 PM
Phantom shouldn't have to ask me... pretty sure he visited me in Babylon.. he is just playing coy.. and I was smart..kept you boys on the opposite sides of the room.. I am not just a pretty face you know.. I got me brains and a g-string that goes a long long way....

USNAviator
02-07-11, 08:43 PM
Phantom shouldn't have to ask me... pretty sure he visited me in Babylon.. he is just playing coy.. and I was smart..kept you boys on the opposite sides of the room.. I am not just a pretty face you know.. I got me brains and a g-string that goes a long long way....

I think I did see Chuck at Club Babylon a few times. Wasn't he chatting up one of the twins? I could never tell them apart. Not Chuck but the twins In fact I think he was between the two of them, coming up for air now and then!

" I got me brains and a g-string that goes a long long way"

Oh the things I could say but I won't....lol

Phantom Blooper
02-07-11, 08:56 PM
I love twins....doublemint......

Enough of pent up sexual energy on this thread to light up at least 3 grids.:beer:

God
02-07-11, 09:11 PM
O'Shea I've warned you about this. What goes on in Babylon stays in Babylon. Don't make me smite you, dumb ass

Phantom Blooper
02-07-11, 09:16 PM
You better watch out Dan....the next thing is the voice will come down and ask you if you like the twin on the left or the right better.....

Then you may be saying Oh God!:beer:

USNAviator
02-07-11, 09:36 PM
You better watch out Dan....the next thing is the voice will come down and ask you if you like the twin on the left or the right better.....

Then you may be saying Oh God!:beer:

Oh God ( sorry) I guess I'm in deep deep sh$t this time. BTW Chuck Always preferred the twin on the right. I guess it depends on your position in life

Mistybluelady
02-08-11, 05:37 AM
Better watch out and behave Irish or God's gonna get ya... he and i are on pretty good terms.....hmmmm.. i am starting to regret getting on board in this thread.... y'all are crazy...:p

Phantom Blooper
02-08-11, 06:21 AM
i am starting to regret getting on board in this thread.... y'all are crazy...:p

Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.
Choose.....the left or the right twin.....

USNAviator
02-08-11, 06:26 AM
Better watch out and behave Irish or God's gonna get ya... he and i are on pretty good terms.....hmmmm.. i am starting to regret getting on board in this thread.... y'all are crazy...:p

I'm always good Misty, even when I'm bad I'm good. But as far as being crazy goes well you might have something there

USNAviator
02-08-11, 06:28 AM
Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.
Choose.....the left or the right twin.....

For Misty that would be a tough choice. You can't leave home without the other :thumbup:

Phantom Blooper
02-08-11, 06:35 AM
Sorta like the nusery rhyme about Mary and her lamb....

Wherever she went they followed......oh God!

Phantom Blooper
02-08-11, 06:50 AM
READY ON THE RIGHT.....READY ON THE LEFT......SHOOTERS,CHOOSE YOUR TARGETS!:p

Mistybluelady
02-08-11, 07:16 AM
I dont even know what to say... completely at a loss for words and definitely want to stay on God's good side.....:angel:

USNAviator
02-08-11, 07:19 AM
I'm staying out of this one, Commander------had to work yesterday, but weeks ago planned on taking the rest of the week off, so it feels good to not make the commute......

Enjoy your time off Dave. Getting ready to give 90 minute lecture at 09:30. Another one at 12:30. Then office hours for a bit. Hold down the fort. I shall return.

USNAviator
02-08-11, 07:23 AM
I dont even know what to say... completely at a loss for words and definitely want to stay on God's good side.....:angel:

LOL...well that's a first!!!!

sscjoe
02-08-11, 07:25 AM
Random thought from my Dad, " Why don't Marines buy their own damn cigars".

Mistybluelady
02-08-11, 07:29 AM
LOL...well that's a first!!!!

HA HA very funny smart azz.... I am a woman what do you expect.. all kinds of worthless droning spills forth from our mouths. Did I just say that?

USNAviator
02-08-11, 07:34 AM
HA HA very funny smart azz.... I am a woman what do you expect.. all kinds of worthless droning spills forth from our mouths. Did I just say that?

Nobody here but us guys so yes.....you did say it!!!!! Have a great one Misty. BTW....great news!!!!!!

Mistybluelady
02-08-11, 07:35 AM
Innocent Dan said that? Amazing. LOL

Oh are we adding Innocent now to his list of characteristics... where does it fall before or after humble? ;)

USNAviator
02-08-11, 07:39 AM
Oh are we adding Innocent now to his list of characteristics... where does it fall before or after humble? ;)

I'll squeeze it in someplace :) For some reason I'm hearing Leon Redbone singing "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone" in my head. And with all the empty space up there, it has a nice echo!

DrZ
02-08-11, 08:13 AM
Dear Lord....
Why oh why did you send me another PhD who can't find the on/off button on any piece of equipment in the lab? Why do I have to hear, ' Theory says you can't do that' when I have been doing exactly that for the past 30 years? Why does he have to be totally against the military and why I have to listen to him drone on about military spending? Did I really do something so wrong in my misspent youth that you give me these trials over and over again?

Lord... I will make a deal with you. If you quit sending me these educated idiots.... I will make an attempt to go to service at least one Sunday a month. I will reduce my drinking to one... perhaps two drinks a night and will even pitch a little extra in the collection plate when I do show up. I promise to no longer play Jimi Hendrix at 75% just to pi$$ off my children. Finally Lord... I promise to no longer unmercifully beat up the idiots who come post their BS on LN and will learn to better tolerate the stupid people you created just to irritate the hell out of me!

So what do you think Lord? Do we have a deal?

Derailment complete!

USNAviator
02-08-11, 08:23 AM
Larry knows how to play this game....Welcome to the club or asylum take your pick

Beanie, T-Shirt and decoder ring are in the mail

Off to class

Phantom Blooper
02-08-11, 10:04 AM
Beanie, T-Shirt and decoder ring are in the mail

When you send my T-shirt.....make sure that the left and right side is the same size......

USNAviator
02-08-11, 10:18 AM
When you send my T-shirt.....make sure that the left and right side is the same size......

You want the stacked in the front model then. Always a popular choice

DrZ
02-08-11, 11:54 AM
You want the stacked in the front model then. Always a popular choice

Can I just have a stacked model and you can keep the tshirt to defray to cost of the model?????????????????

USNAviator
02-08-11, 12:57 PM
Can I just have a stacked model and you can keep the tshirt to defray to cost of the model?????????????????

All models come stacked. Shipping is free but we leave the handling up to you.

Phantom Blooper
02-08-11, 04:00 PM
Send mine by the postal service....without enough postage....I'll put the stamps on when it gets here....so I can lick em' and stick em'.:p

USNAviator
02-08-11, 05:49 PM
Random questions I have asked myself

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Does God believe that there are atheists?

Whats the deal with Chicken McNuggets? What part of the chicken are these things from?

Isn't Disney World just a people's trap operated by a mouse?

Can you get cornered in a round room?

Did Noah have woodpeckers on the ark? If he did, where did he keep them?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

USNAviator
02-08-11, 09:59 PM
C'est Fini. It's run its course from the the sublime to the ridiculous. I say goodbye to this thread without a heavy heart. My cohort do you agree?

<dl><dd>When I was one-and-twenty <dl><dd>I heard a wise man say,</dd></dl> </dd><dd>"Give crowns and pounds and guineas <dl><dd>But not your heart away;</dd></dl> </dd><dd>Give pearls away and rubies <dl><dd>But keep your fancy free."</dd></dl> </dd><dd>But I was one-and-twenty, <dl><dd>No use to talk to me.</dd></dl> </dd></dl>
<dl><dd>
</dd><dd>
</dd><dd>
</dd><dd>

</dd></dl>

USNAviator
02-08-11, 10:37 PM
Not at all, Dan! This thread is full of important information that anyone can use, either now or in the future. LOL.

I'll contact the Library of Congress in the morning....lol. Fair winds my friend

Dan

wildwoman73
02-09-11, 12:15 AM
I just logged on to read some educational material as I always do on midnights and I said "W T F????"...because Dave said "W T F????"...

Well....here's my random thought. I have learned that following a personal trainers daily advise is doing well for me. Relieves stress. Great irritant reducer. However...after sweating through each 30 to 1hr long daily beating, I find removing a sports bra is often like trying to break free from a straight jacket. I may as well skip the gym and just be crazy.

Blackcat
02-09-11, 12:44 AM
Get one with a zipper kid.........

m14ed
02-09-11, 03:56 AM
( o Y o ) Twins and a G-String ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Any Chance one of these ladies will do a lapdance ?

wildwoman73
02-09-11, 06:30 AM
Get one with a zipper kid.........
This gym I go to has intense cardio work outs every night/day. A woman wearing a sports bra with a zipper is a lot like a man wearing a jock strap with a zipper. No way. :)

Phantom Blooper
02-09-11, 06:35 AM
There's a sad sort of clanging
From the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple, too
And up in the archives of leatherneck.com
Where this thread is destined to go
An absurd little bird
Is popping out to say coo-coo
(Coo-coo, coo-coo)

coo-coo Regretfully they tell us
coo-coo But firmly they compel us
to say goodnight
coo-coo
To you

So long, farewell DAN & DAVE
Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight
But before I go I really wish that I could have seen them both.....
The LEFT & THE RIGHT!:beer:

wildwoman73
02-09-11, 06:40 AM
Haha

silverdollar
02-09-11, 06:54 AM
This gym I go to has intense cardio work outs every night/day. A woman wearing a sports bra with a zipper is a lot like a man wearing a jock strap with a zipper. No way. :)

We need pictures.

ps, sports bra not the jock strap.

USNAviator
02-09-11, 08:09 PM
There's a sad sort of clanging
From the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple, too
And up in the archives of leatherneck.com
Where this thread is destined to go
An absurd little bird
Is popping out to say coo-coo
(Coo-coo, coo-coo)

coo-coo Regretfully they tell us
coo-coo But firmly they compel us
to say goodnight
coo-coo
To you

So long, farewell DAN & DAVE
Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight
But before I go I really wish that I could have seen them both.....
The LEFT & THE RIGHT!:beer:

Chuck your poem touched so deeply I had to come back and comment.You sir are a poet, but I'm not going to ask so please don't tell

I was so moved that I contacted some friends at the Pentagon. I hope you are free on 5/15/11 to travel to the Pentagon because on that date you sir will be awarded the Mammary Medal with an oak leaf cluster. Signifying of course the capture and taking of hill 40-DD

I'm hoping to be there to witness your award ceremony but should I prove tardy, carry on tit will be be a day of great rejoicing.

Respectfully

USNAviator
02-09-11, 08:37 PM
And you wanted to end this thread, Dan????

Oh no, not end. I hope this thread will live till infinity. Hopefully when the inhabitants of the planet Oxymoron once again visit, they will take this thread back with them and use it as a foundation of a modern form of government

LOL, sadly yes but I could not let Chuck's so beautiful elegy go unrecognized. He's a poet and he knows it and he shows it!!!

USNAviator
02-09-11, 08:40 PM
In the early 1970s I had a poem published in Leatherneck Magazine entitled "The Nation's Best", under Gyrene Jingles, remember that monthly feature?

** The Nation's Best **

Here they come in perfect line,
All in step, in uniforms fine
They carry their heads above the rest
With pride, for they're the Nation's Best

The drums beat softly as if they were one
People stand tall, every father and son
For they know that there is none to compare
With the U.S. Marines, anyplace, anywhere

Polished gear and shining rifles
Everything cleaned, all down to the trifles
They march with pride, with reason, you see
For they are part of the USMC

If ever you stand, patiently waiting
For a parade, be it sunny or raining
Your time will be well spent,
if, after the rest
You catch a glimpse of the Nation's Best

In all seriousness Dave, that is outstanding.

USNAviator
02-09-11, 08:54 PM
I didn't expect Leatherneck to publish it, but they did. Must not have had many contributions that month in whatever year it was, sometime in the early 1970s or so. I got out in 1967 so I must have been waxing nostalgic when I wrote it. LOL.

So when does the book come out?..lol

USNAviator
02-09-11, 09:02 PM
Not sure I can make a book out of one old poem. :)

Refer back to the book about "Naval Officers who DON'T think of them selves" etc...... I believe that is only two pages including bibliography and table of content

USNAviator
02-09-11, 09:06 PM
Yes, I remember that NY Times Bestseller. It was a very quick read.

Touche Zoomie but it's time for me to leave

USNAviator
02-09-11, 09:38 PM
Another instance of you not failing to remember my USAF JAG years. It was only three years, BUT--- How it comes back to haunt me now and then.

I figured this would be my one final shot, why not take it?

Up in the air junior bird man......lol

Take care

Dan

wildwoman73
02-09-11, 09:41 PM
We need pictures.

ps, sports bra not the jock strap.

Hahahaha!!! You so funnayyyy!!

Phantom Blooper
02-10-11, 06:16 AM
Those subliminal messages are great.....I wonder what would happen if I read this thread backwards?

DrZ
02-10-11, 06:58 AM
Those subliminal messages are great.....I wonder what would happen if I read this thread backwards?

If you accomplish reading this thread backwards and make any more sense out of it than reading it in the correct sequence.... various universities will give you a PhD and send you to work with me!!!

Lord.... you didn't take my deal yet!!!

God
02-10-11, 07:51 AM
Lord.... you didn't take my deal yet!!!

Sorry Larry, the Web was down up here. I'm still using dial up

OK you got a deal!!!

DrZ
02-10-11, 08:03 AM
Sorry Larry, the Web was down up here. I'm still using dial up

OK you got a deal!!!

Very cool.... no more educated idiots!!!!

Now I must fulfill my part of the bargain.

Dialup? I am in trouble even the Man can't get the Internet to be stable!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 05:20 PM

Ooh! Ooh! I know!

"Gooooo to churrrcchhh.....saaaay your prayers....TITHE! TITHE!"

Extra cool points if you can tell me what 1980's comic strip that comes from :)

USNAviator
02-10-11, 05:33 PM
Ooh! Ooh! I know!

"Gooooo to churrrcchhh.....saaaay your prayers....TITHE! TITHE!"

Extra cool points if you can tell me what 1980's comic strip that comes from :)

Nice to see you Jason. It must be visitors day here at the D&D asylum and Law Office

Ladies and gentleman please welcome our founder, Sgt Leprechaun

And I think the first name in the strip is Billy. If I'm correct please give Dave the cool points

Every time think I'm out they drag me back in

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 05:40 PM
Thank you, sir!

Alas....no.

For either of ya!

This was my FAVORITE strip back in the day. Along with another one, Calvin and Hobbes.

USNAviator
02-10-11, 05:52 PM
Thank you, sir!

Alas....no.

For either of ya!

This was my FAVORITE strip back in the day. Along with another one, Calvin and Hobbes.

Well that's why you were the founder. I liked Calvin and Hobbs as well as a Pogo and Kudzu. But my all time favorite and it's still going strong today is Mr Boffo

Phantom Blooper
02-10-11, 05:56 PM
B.C. (comic strip)

USNAviator
02-10-11, 06:04 PM
B.C. (comic strip)

Chuck you can't knock that one!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 06:05 PM
All great and funny strips....

But still no ceegar...

(Didn't think this would be THAT difficult LOL)

USNAviator
02-10-11, 06:15 PM
All great and funny strips....

But still no ceegar...

(Didn't think this would be THAT difficult LOL)

Is the bloom of the rose in the county now?

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 06:16 PM
And I do believe....we have a winnah!

Bloom County it is!

USNAviator
02-10-11, 06:20 PM
And I do believe....we have a winnah!

Bloom County it is!

I confess I had to look it up. I thought it came from Billy and the Boingers. So I respectfully and with a heavy heart decline the cool points and will be reduced in rank one pay grade. Hell even at that I still outrank Dave......:banana:

Phantom Blooper
02-10-11, 06:27 PM
I was almost close....like hand grenades....horseshoes....and atom bombs....

At least I had the first letters right......

Do Do Do Do Do Doot De Doot Da Doot Doot Doot.....

Judges?

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 06:30 PM
Hahahahahahaha. Billy and the Boingers was the 2nd name of the 'heavy metal' group founded by Steve Dallas and the gang. (Original name "Deathtongue").

I've got the softcover books and still read 'em when I need a laugh.

USNAviator
02-10-11, 06:33 PM
I was almost close....like hand grenades....horseshoes....and atom bombs....

At least I had the first letters right......

Do Do Do Do Do Doot De Doot Da Doot Doot Doot.....

Judges?

I think since I defaulted Chuck, as first runner up and Poet Laureate of the sight should be awarded the cool points. After all he did get the letters correct. I won't knock whatever the judges decide

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 07:24 PM
The judges would only be influenced by whiskey. And nikkid wynmz. Other than that they are totally impartial.

Phantom Blooper
02-10-11, 07:26 PM
Sorta like congress...huh?

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 07:30 PM
Well of course but........HEY!!! That's pretty low.

sparkie
02-10-11, 07:33 PM
Wow,,,,,, bein away I missed alot.
How 'bout this. Anyone checked the magnetic pole shift lately? I figure a flop by October,,,, but that's just me. Lep,,, better point your beer sideways,,no breakage.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 07:37 PM
Maybe that's why I have a headache. Polar shift. Yeah.

And I drink me whiskey right from a tall water glass.

sparkie
02-10-11, 07:42 PM
Look it up,,,, It's getting facinating. Maybe I'll finally be able to grow grapes around here.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 07:44 PM
I'll do that! Is there a scientific non "OMG" link? I might have heard of this before...

USNAviator
02-10-11, 07:54 PM
Look it up,,,, It's getting facinating. Maybe I'll finally be able to grow grapes around here.

Or open up a surf shop when the big one hits and Calf is drifting toward Hawaii. Nevada and Arizona will be the surfing capitals of the US. But given what's being said about plate tectonics, Australia will off our coast any day now. Surfs up!!!

sparkie
02-10-11, 08:22 PM
The sun will rise in the north.

Phantom Blooper
02-10-11, 08:32 PM
When the Mayans predicted the end of the world for December 12,2012 is it because they used a round stone for the calender and ran out of space on the circle of December 12,2012?

sparkie
02-10-11, 08:41 PM
http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3324&stc=1&d=1267556900

Phantom Blooper
02-11-11, 07:49 AM
That's pretty low.

How low can you go?

Can you go to the floor?

Not anymore!

How low can you go?

LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW.............

I regress and take back congress and say Washington,DC.....:beer:

sparkie
02-12-11, 08:32 PM
Time to bump this place.

I think Sarah Palen is HOT. [ but I thought Jane Fonda was hot in Barballea,,,, so what do I know?]

USNAviator
03-22-11, 08:56 PM
Actually, I have Dave but I think you were misinformed,it wasn't bayonets it was hockey sticks. The 4TH Regiment from N.Carolina had never seen hockey sticks before, they thought it was the work of...

USNAviator
03-22-11, 09:34 PM
Here's the way I figured it----you're a history professor, so if and when you wanted to talk about history, with me or with anyone else--- this would be a place to do it, and would not interfere with any other threads or topics------

OK guess I missed the memo....:D

USNAviator
03-22-11, 09:38 PM
The only alternative would be to ask you things like I did about the Minnesota outfit, right in the War Room, thereby forcing everyone else to read about history, whether they wanted to or not, so I'm glad this thread was made into a sticky, because it makes it more like a chat room, and doesn't cut into any ongoing topics anywhere else.
Not that we would constantly talk about history, but if we were going to, this would be the perfect place.

Actually it's not a bad idea. How much do I get paid? Never mind, it's Pro Bono I know

wildwoman73
03-23-11, 02:46 AM
Hey I have a new friend on facebook that makes and sells history clips. They are pretty interesting. I'll see if I can find the link. I was impressed. I'll dig and see.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-23-11, 08:15 PM
Cool. Also, one of you smart guys, why don't you start a 'history discussion' thread in Chestys hooch? Geez, you don't need MY permission! Just do it. <br />
<br />
And the 1st Minn really took a beating,...

USNAviator
03-23-11, 08:21 PM
Thanks Lep, I will talk it over with my co-conspirator. I think a lot of Marines on here are interested in history of all sorts. I know damn well you are. And I could not think of a better place...

Sgt Leprechaun
03-23-11, 08:25 PM
Works for me. You've got MY support...and I'll be there fo'sho.

doc h fmf
03-23-11, 08:25 PM
I AGREE WITH THAT SGT LEP AND CDR,
SEMPER FI MY BROTHERS

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 fmf

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 01:13 PM
:angel: What ever happened to this thread..... got alot of laughs here....

USNAviator
05-12-11, 01:18 PM
I just got finished telling Dan this thread did not exist anymore, I couldn't find it a few minutes ago, Lisa

You're not going to apologize again are you?

Lisa it's been a long time since his thread saw the light of day, sort of like Club Babylon

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 01:20 PM
Ah yes.... here we go... babylon.. what a hot spot..

USNAviator
05-12-11, 01:22 PM
No more apologies, you do em yourself from now on, Commander. LOL

Well there goes my free time

Misty how many years did you work at Club Babylon? And is it true Blooperman was there every night?

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 01:26 PM
Well there goes my free time

Misty how many years did you work at Club Babylon? And is it true Blooperman was there every night?

Oh gosh... to many to say... and blooper was a big spender back then...

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 01:27 PM

Just thought of a Canadian connection of my own---my maternal grandmother was from Halifax, Nova Scotia, never became a U.S. citizen, lived on the East Coast most of here life but born and raised in Halifax

Did my boot in CFB Cornwallis just outside of Halifax... got stuck in Halifax for 2 days... not bad considering at the time it was a all male base... but they locked me in my room....:confused:

USNAviator
05-12-11, 01:28 PM

Just thought of a Canadian connection of my own---my maternal grandmother was from Halifax, Nova Scotia, never became a U.S. citizen, lived on the East Coast most of here life but born and raised in Halifax

My Dad's family was from Nova Scotia as well, Antigonish. They were tree farmers. Dad was sent to the States to live with relatives when he was 10

Dave ever hear of Cummings Milk in MA?

USNAviator
05-12-11, 01:29 PM
Did my boot in CFB Cornwallis just outside of Halifax... got stuck in Halifax for 2 days... not bad considering at the time it was a all male base... but they locked me in my roon....:confused:

To keep you from getting at all the guys??? :D

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 01:31 PM
To keep you from getting at all the guys??? :D

ha funny... not sure if it was for my protection or to protect the men...:angel:

USNAviator
05-12-11, 01:37 PM
Where did Dave go? He must be apologizing to someone

Meserole08orah
05-12-11, 01:42 PM
LOL-----oh yes, facts, I hear about those all day at court... I was really shocked...it's purpose is to bust our b...s, for me asking that a thread be made, knowing Lep wouldn't do it, but because we knew he wouldn't, he did do it. I think it's hilarious---and actually it is sort of a free for all thread for just chatting, like a chat room in a way, but on a thread, exactly like that---so we can use it to shoot the breeze rather than reply to particular topics on threads, where the subject-matter is confined to that topic-----so I like this, it is not like the Biotch Corner in Chesty's Hooch because even that is somewhat restricted in that it is for complaining about specific things that happened to you------It is in essence a "thread chat room".
I knew the E-5 thing was cold, but I just couldn't help myself.......well, maybe I could, but didn't.....

Idk if i have seen you guys actually stick to a topic lmao!!! So why is this any different :) <3 Turds i tell ya jk ;)

Baker1971
05-12-11, 01:52 PM
they dont need to stick to one topic. 3 turds? Whos the other 2 besides u?

USNAviator
05-12-11, 04:37 PM
they dont need to stick to one topic. 3 turds? Whos the other 2 besides u?

Baker not sure if you're up on signs but <3 isn't 3 turds. The poster was saying (love turds.) It's a heart on it's side. I didn't know it until last year when one of my daughters sent me an email with the symbol..........;)

Mistybluelady
05-13-11, 05:33 AM
Mes... you gotta becareful how you say things... some people are just slllloooooowww and dont get it.... and btw.. nice to see you again.....

USNAviator
05-13-11, 07:13 AM
Mes... you gotta becareful how you say things... some people are just slllloooooowww and dont get it.... and btw.. nice to see you again.....

Baker, Misty just called you slow. If you can't speak Canadian let me know I can translate for you

Mistybluelady
05-13-11, 08:27 AM
Baker, Misty just called you slow. If you can't speak Canadian let me know I can translate for you

Maybe I was talkin about some Virginian :D

USNAviator
05-13-11, 02:16 PM
Maybe I was talkin about some Virginian :D

And pray tell who would that be? There re a lot of people from Virginia on here

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 10:27 AM
Misty, DAN probably could translate Canadian for you. His Home state catches about a third of the snow-birds that cross the border in November. Georgia and Florida get the rest, that's why they're so screwed up. Personnaly, I think DAN is a closet Sunbird, but what do i know/. I'm only a Corporal. :D S/F!! Ken

USNAviator
05-14-11, 11:52 AM
Misty, DAN probably could translate Canadian for you. His Home state catches about a third of the snow-birds that cross the border in November. Georgia and Florida get the rest, that's why they're so screwed up. Personnaly, I think DAN is a closet Sunbird, but what do i know/. I'm only a Corporal. :D S/F!! Ken

When it comes to Canadians in Virginia, it's a catch and release program. We simply tag them then monitor them until they leave the state. Making sure of course they don't taint the gene pool by getting married to any of us

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 01:28 PM
When it comes to Canadians in Virginia, it's a catch and release program. We simply tag them then monitor them until they leave the state. Making sure of course they don't taint the gene pool by getting married to any of us

They put their pedal to the metal when they cross the St. Lawrence, and don't let up on it 'till they cross the Patomac. I think they are not too fond of New Yorkers. I got that impression by listening to them on the CB radio. If they can't swear, they can't talk at all. Maybe they're afraid new York will contaminate their language? Oh well, enough of that. DAN, is Dave a lawyer? He must be, I can't understand a thing he writes.
:confused: :evilgrin:. Fair Winds, S/F!!! Ken

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 01:54 PM
Sorry, Ken, will simplify everything.
How ya doin? :)

HE DID IT AGAIN DAN!!! HE APPOLOGIZED!! HE REALY DID! I CAUGHT HIM DAN!!! :banana: S/F!! DAVE.

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 01:59 PM
I always apologize when I'm wrong, Ken. LOL

I never appologize DAVE, I just sit in a corner and sulk.:cry:

Mistybluelady
05-14-11, 02:01 PM
They put their pedal to the metal when they cross the St. Lawrence, and don't let up on it 'till they cross the Patomac. I think they are not too fond of New Yorkers. I got that impression by listening to them on the CB radio. If they can't swear, they can't talk at all. Maybe they're afraid new York will contaminate their language? Oh well, enough of that. DAN, is Dave a lawyer? He must be, I can't understand a thing he writes.
:confused: :evilgrin:. Fair Winds, S/F!!! Ken

Hey come on now!!!! Canadians are nice!!!!:angel:

USNAviator
05-14-11, 02:03 PM
I always apologize when I'm wrong, Ken. LOL

Ken I'm a firm believer that if you do something well you stick with it. Dave apologizes, it's who he is, mainly because he's always wrong

BTW Dave I'm at Logan

USNAviator
05-14-11, 02:04 PM

Wait a minute Misty, Dave will be right along to apologize

USNAviator
05-14-11, 02:06 PM
Already??? Too bad there's no Charlies Kitchen at Logan

Ya, I agree it's all fast food. Misty invited me for dinner but that would take me in the wrong direction

USNAviator
05-14-11, 02:09 PM
Misty, I apologize on behalf of everybody who has ever been wrong.
That should cover it, Dan

Dave why don't you make a template and just insert various names? BTW Misty did you know Dave is both invisible and an attorney? Now there is something to apologize for

USNAviator
05-14-11, 02:14 PM
I apologize

Damn Dave you are really good. I could feel the insincerity in that....well done.....Zoomie

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 02:31 PM

Only you Misty. Of course, I've had a crush on you for a longt time.:D
S/F!! Ken

USNAviator
05-14-11, 02:33 PM
S/F!! Ken

That's OK Ken, she has a crush on herself as well

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 02:44 PM
That's OK Ken, she has a crush on herself as well

I'm gonna sit in the corner and sulk. :( I quit for a while, we have a graduation party starting here, in just about ten minutes. My Grand-Daughter graduated today, from Shrink-school. I'm going to have to be start being careful what I say. :p S/F!! Ken

Mistybluelady
05-14-11, 02:52 PM
S/F!! Ken

woo hoo.... I am a lucky girl....its my b-day soon... just sayin':bunny:

USNAviator
05-14-11, 02:57 PM
Hey, Ken, congratulations to your daughter......from us

Ken I apologize, I should have said something as well. Congrats to your whole family

USNAviator
05-14-11, 03:03 PM
woo hoo.... I am a lucky girl....its my b-day soon... just sayin':bunny:

Yes it's true, Misty will be 21. Of course they use Celsius in Canada :D

Mistybluelady
05-14-11, 04:12 PM
Yes it's true, Misty will be 21. Of course they use Celsius in Canada :D

HAHAHA I am quite happy to be the big 47.... its when I hit your age I am not looking forward to :cool:

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 05:37 PM
Well Dan and Dave, I suppose, now that she has graduated, I'm going to have to quit chewing on the carpet, and blaming it on the dog. :D Fair Winds, and S/F!! Ken

USNAviator
05-14-11, 06:51 PM
HAHAHA I am quite happy to be the big 47.... its when I hit your age I am not looking forward to :cool:

I'm like a great wine and not whine, I only get better with age. Weren't you 47 last year? And wasn't there a great cloud of smoke seen descending toward the States right about the time you blew out your candles?

See I can be nice.

USNAviator
05-14-11, 06:53 PM
Well Dan and Dave, I suppose, now that she has graduated, I'm going to have to quit chewing on the carpet, and blaming it on the dog. :D Fair Winds, and S/F!! Ken

Ken better stop chewing that carpet. One, it can get to be very expensive to replace and two it will hurt your teeth. My best to your bride of these many years, I hope she had a great Mother's day

Mistybluelady
05-14-11, 06:58 PM
I'm like a great wine and not whine, I only get better with age. Weren't you 47 last year? And wasn't there a great cloud of smoke seen descending toward the States right about the time you blew out your candles?

See I can be nice.

Ohhhhhhh schnap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smart azz :mad:

USNAviator
05-14-11, 07:17 PM
Dave

It happened again. Got on the plane, took my seat, no sooner had I sat down when an announcement. "Ladies and gentleman we are very fortunate to have flying with us that famous Naval Aviator, Dapper Dan O'Shea," Well naturally everyone applauded and a few asked to autograph my new book they had been reading

But then it got worse, the two pilots came back and asked if I would take the controls during the flight. They said it would calm the nerve of many aboard if they knew I was on the job

Dave, these two able pilots were actually Air Force. The way they fawned and gushed over me made me realizes just why you became and AF JAG. Nifty baby blue uniforms, built in lifts in the shoes and a deep and abiding Navy envy. It's OK Dave, feel free to admit it, you'll feel better

Or you could spend serious bucks seeing Ken's newly minted "head" doctor grand daughter

USNAviator
05-14-11, 08:19 PM
Dan, you can't go anywhere without being the unwilling center of attention. First it was Harvard Square when we had lunch yesterday, tonight it's the plane trip.
I noticed you always have three or four pens in your shirt pocket for autographs, good planning.

Dave just following your lead. I saw how the folks at the court house worshiped the depth of you bank account. I guess they were shallow at that...:D

USNAviator
05-14-11, 08:23 PM
LOL----nice comeback as always. As I said before, I am no match for The Comeback King, USNAVIATOR. :)

You only speak the truth, makes arguing sort of useless.......:D

USNAviator
05-14-11, 08:43 PM
Absolutely, when I know what the outcome will be.

How was the flight? Not too long, was it??

Truth be told I have always found commercial flying the pits. If I had stayed in avaition, I think I would have enjoyed hauling frieght for UPS etc. No worries about turbulance and upsetting grandma etc

kenrobg30
05-16-11, 01:28 PM
Absolutely, when I know what the outcome will be.

How was the flight? Not too long, was it??

Don't conceed any thing Dave, by tomorrow morning Hr'll foirget everything that was said. I heard that his memory retention is about the same as his bladder.:D S/F!!! Ken

Mistybluelady
05-17-11, 07:20 AM
Don't conceed any thing Dave, by tomorrow morning Hr'll foirget everything that was said. I heard that his memory retention is about the same as his bladder.:D S/F!!! Ken

LMAO.... its so good to be part of the B Team

USNAviator
05-17-11, 07:28 AM

Ken you flatter me. My bladder expands and contracts just like everyone else. But unlike some on here, I don't depend on Depends, at least not yet....;)

Mistybluelady
05-17-11, 09:24 AM
Ken you flatter me. My bladder expands and contracts just like everyone else. But unlike some on here, I don't depend on Depends, at least not yet....;)

Wish I knew that before I mailed you a box of depends!!!!!

USNAviator
05-17-11, 09:29 AM
Wish I knew that before I mailed you a box of depends!!!!!

Yes but it was a very special birthday present, especially the wrapping paper. Who knew that toilet paper came in so many colors?

Mistybluelady
05-17-11, 09:34 AM
Yes but it was a very special birthday present, especially the wrapping paper. Who knew that toilet paper came in so many colors?

Oh wow... some is quick witted today!!!!

USNAviator
05-17-11, 09:40 AM
Oh wow... some is quick witted today!!!!

TODAY???? You haven't been keeping up with your reading have you? I think the twins have been in the way of your eye teeth, you can't see anything.....;)

Mistybluelady
05-17-11, 09:52 AM
TODAY???? You haven't been keeping up with your reading have you? I think the twins have been in the way of your eye teeth, you can't see anything.....;)

I will say it again,,, this time with conviction...SMART AZZ

USNAviator
05-17-11, 09:56 AM
I will say it again,,, this time with conviction...SMART AZZ

Why thank you but you didn't finish your sentence:

SMART AZZ A WHIP

smart as a whip - having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence

Mistybluelady
05-17-11, 10:00 AM
Why thank you but you didn't finish your sentence:

SMART AZZ A WHIP

smart as a whip - having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence

oh brother.... should have seen that coming....

kenrobg30
05-17-11, 10:15 AM
DAN + DAVE are both a wit Misty. If you separate them, you get two half- wits. Did I say that? :D S/F!! Ken

USNAviator
05-17-11, 10:17 AM
oh brother.... should have seen that coming....

Yes you wold think so wouldn't you? Especially someone of your advanced age. Oh well I must go back to amusing myself with reading The History of Famous Canadian War Hero's. Fascinating reading, but the book is only 5 pages long so I'm savoring every word, eh?

USNAviator
05-17-11, 10:19 AM
DAN + DAVE are both a wit Misty. If you separate them, you get two half- wits. Did I say that? :D S/F!! Ken

LOL very good Ken. I'm a half wit, Dave is a nit wit.

Mistybluelady
05-17-11, 10:28 AM

LMAO.... thats good

USNAviator
05-31-11, 05:23 PM
Dan---this thread was about 4 pages back

Continuing on about what we were talking about on the other thread, that old Fed Reserve is now a hotel, yes, but the Fed moved to right across from South Station, on Summer Street, but as you leave South Station side entrance, downtown would be on your LEFT, not straight ahead as if you were exiting out the main entrance on the corner.....the area where the Fed is now, that is where the recruiting offices were...They since moved to 118 Tremont St, near Park Square, then to Winter Place, a street that runs from Washington St, one block, to the Common (Tremont St) where they are still located......the recruiting office you signed up at----when you left South Station did you face the downtown area, or did you face the other side of the street so that the downtown area would be on your LEFT??

LMAO Dave it was 1977 I don't remember but how many Marine recruiting offices were in that area after Nam?. I only mentioned South station is because that's where I got off the train

USNAviator
05-31-11, 05:28 PM
From what I can recall the area was pretty shabby. I just looked on a map and I do recall it was near water but unlike today, I only went a few times, there was no such thing as PTing. You got yourself into shape or suffered the consequences

USNAviator
05-31-11, 05:30 PM
Maybe we should mention what's going on Kemosabe?

USNAviator
05-31-11, 05:39 PM
Yes, on another thread that obviously had nothing to do with the present subject---You and I talked about where we joined the military, we got into this conversation about how we joined at almost or exactly the same location, city and street-----so instead of continuing to talk about it on that thread, we brought it here, this thread being a general grab azz thread for anyone to talk about anything----Sgt Lep created it for us months ago---so we use it as sort of a thread chat room.

It's true. Dave and I joined the service at the same place in Boston. I was in college, signed for the PLC program. Dave enlisted a few years before me. But what strikes me as being so odd, is that after all these years we both end up on LN. I could have joined over Christmas break back in Virginia but I waited till I went back to school

Wasn't that pace pretty shabby? And I took my physical at the Boston Navy Yard. No such thing as MEPS

USNAviator
05-31-11, 05:58 PM
It was shabby, but not these days, there is gentrification and urban renewal still going on and it looks great these days---and no MEPS, as such---- but there was a huge Armed Forces Entrance Examination Station (AFEES), yes, they had acronyms back then, much as I can't stand them being used for every single thing nowadays), that was over in South Boston, across from the Barnes Building, which is on Summer St as you come out of South Station, take a right, go over the bridge, keep on going and there is the Navy Building, the Barnes Bldg, across from that is a huge wharf area where cruise ships dock etc now, and there was the AFEES. Same thing in 1979 when I went into the USAF, same place.

I didn't go to the Navy Yard for anything connected with enlisting in 1963 or the physical in 1979

Dave I remember going to Southie but I thought I went to the Navy yard. Was the Navy yard in Southie? Then if you had a physical in '79 at AFEES then must of had one in '77 and '78, same place

USNAviator
05-31-11, 06:03 PM
Nope, across the city in Charlestown, still part of Boston but a separate neighborhood.....leave South Station, go on Atlantic Avenue, around thru the North End area, and before you get to Boston Garden, take a right over that bridge over a channel that leads to Boston Harbor and you are in Charlestown Navy Yard, home of the USS Constitution even today.

No I didn't go to Charlestown, I would have remembered that. Even the Irish in Southie are afraid of the Irish from Charlestown.....lol

So I went where you did

USNAviator
05-31-11, 06:05 PM
Nope, across the city in Charlestown, still part of Boston but a separate neighborhood.....leave South Station, go on Atlantic Avenue, around thru the North End area, and before you get to Boston Garden, take a right over that bridge over a channel that leads to Boston Harbor and you are in Charlestown Navy Yard, home of the USS Constitution even today.

If it was a huge older building, you might have gone to the AFEES, actually part of a small Army facility.

Big room, striped down to your skivies, weigh in first, color blindness test, urine sample, hearing etc. All done in a counter clockwise circle

USNAviator
05-31-11, 06:08 PM
Exactly.

Not only did we sign together in the same place, we also had our physical together in the same place. Very small world my friend, very small

ARTYPIG
05-31-11, 08:29 PM
Why Is The Sky Blue?

wildwoman73
05-31-11, 11:28 PM
Why do bunnies have cotton tails?

Caesar Augustus
06-11-11, 09:07 PM
Nice thread name.

We get trained to derail things lol

USNAviator
06-11-11, 09:07 PM
Dan and Caesar, are you here yet?

Why is this such a pressing issue"

"Why do bunnies have cotton tails?" From Taira.....lol

Caesar Augustus
06-11-11, 09:08 PM
I don't know why bunnies have cotton tails. I do wonder though why are white girls called snow bunnies!

<--Partial to them...

doc h fmf
06-11-11, 09:17 PM
I DONT KNOW JUST LIKE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE JELLY ROLLED?

SEMPER FI MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

stephen doc hansen hm3 Fmf

USNAviator
06-11-11, 09:42 PM
I DONT KNOW JUST LIKE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE JELLY ROLLED?

SEMPER FI MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

stephen doc hansen hm3 Fmf

Doc are you talking about Jelly Roll Morton? One of the all time greats from the 20's and 30's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7HFnhP_Ctw&playnext=1&list=PL46B16BDCA0A688BB

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-11, 10:11 PM
Ohhhhhhh....CA you went there.

WHY for the LOVE of ....

montana
06-11-11, 10:18 PM
was wonderin why chickens dont pizzz...then remembers cuzzzz thems eats with thems peckers

Caesar Augustus
06-11-11, 10:47 PM
Ohhhhhhh....CA you went there.

WHY for the LOVE of ....
:)

Snow bunnies

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-11, 11:46 PM
I grow weary.

Caesar Augustus
06-12-11, 12:25 AM
I grow hungry for them?

On that note I remember telling boots to get the prc E-5 from the Sgt in comm all the time...

Sgt Leprechaun
06-12-11, 12:34 AM
LOL!!!

Having BEEN the "PrC E-5" as the Comm chief I still always found that funny when the boots would show up asking for it...and I'd look them in the eye and say "WHAT did you call me, lad?"

Caesar Augustus
06-12-11, 12:35 AM
Hahaha I'm amazed it still works. You'd think by now boots would have found out about it. I never fell for it because I grew up military so I trusted no one lol.

You know why they call cocaine white girl right?!

Sgt Leprechaun
06-12-11, 12:39 AM
You would think so yeah...but that's why they are 'boots' LOL!

No...(I have a feeling I'm gonna regret this....) Send it..

Caesar Augustus
06-12-11, 12:50 AM
They call cocaine white girl because cocaine makes you feel good and so do white girls.

Even better if you have white girl, you'll pull the white girls and once the white girls do some white girl you'll be doing a double dose of white girl!

Sgt Leprechaun
06-12-11, 01:05 AM
I KNEW I'd regret that sheet.

LOL

Caesar Augustus
06-12-11, 01:06 AM
:)

I blame the Corps and all my redneck buddies for turning me into a white girl addict!

Well and growing up in the AF during the 90s.

Well and.......lol