PDA

View Full Version : Heinous Navy

Ceckert85
01-27-11, 12:35 PM
WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD ANYONE IN THERE RIGHT MIND DISRESPECT THERE SERVICE DRESS UNIFORM AND WEAR A FLAK AROUND IT AND JUST BE FINE WITH IT. MIND YOU THIS IS A CHIEF PETTY OFFICER 3rd CLASS YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR HIMSELF.

MARINES TELL ME WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ON THIS. I TOOK THIS PICTURE MYSELF AND HE JUST STOOD THERE AND POSED FOR ME. I WORK IN SUPPLY FOR AAV SCHOOLS AND I JUST SO HAPPEN TO SEE THIS NAVY GUY OVER AT FMTB LOOIN LIKE THIS.

SgtHMH
01-27-11, 12:57 PM
It depends on the uniform of the day, but if he is wearing a flak. It would seem he would also be wearing his web gear. He looks unsat even if he did not have the flak on, over weight and no military alignment. Also in the early years Marine Dress Blues were the daily uniform and also the battle dress uniform, with the 782 gear of that era and also leggings worn also. Also the garrison cover was not worn with the Blues, it was sort of a cowboy hat.

Semper Fi

0331 2 0369
01-27-11, 01:06 PM
Is Chief Petty Officer 3rd class a new rank?

Marine1011
01-27-11, 01:20 PM
Why in the world would someone disrespect their rank structure, is another question.
Is a Chief Petty Officer Third Class someone who is not quite Chief but hasn't quite made it to second and first class yet?

PJones64
01-27-11, 01:21 PM
Ah, they who live in glass houses and cast stones...........

0331 2 0369
01-27-11, 01:23 PM
Ah, they who live in glass houses and cast stones...........

big rocks..... :D

PJones64
01-27-11, 01:24 PM
Boulders.

USNAviator
01-27-11, 01:40 PM
Is Chief Petty Officer 3rd class a new rank?

LOL...no such animal. If he's a CPO he's an E7, a PO3 he's an E4.

elliscraig12
01-27-11, 01:45 PM
There is no such rank. My brother's a CPO, that's it, just CPO. Only Petty Officers are ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd Class.

0331 2 0369
01-27-11, 01:59 PM
LOL...no such animal. If he's a CPO he's an E7, a PO3 he's an E4.

Thats the way I was always taught and remembered from my days working for and training the Navy. Never know with todays military

Ceckert85
01-27-11, 02:13 PM
He was disguting all his corpsman buddies were just sittin there laughing at him while i took the photo

PJones64
01-27-11, 02:22 PM
They were laughing at his rank, which did not even exist.

USNAviator
01-27-11, 02:22 PM
Thats the way I was always taught and remembered from my days working for and training the Navy. Never know with todays military

How true Gunny,how true. You were an E7, you ever see someone at that paygrade so less squared away? That is if he really is an E7

Ceckert85
01-27-11, 02:24 PM
excuse me but I messed up the rank. my apologies. he was a petty officer 3rd class. an e4

USNAviator
01-27-11, 02:28 PM
excuse me but I messed up the rank. my apologies. he was a petty officer 3rd class. an e4

No problem on the rank. Even as an E4 he should know better

AlohaMarine
01-27-11, 03:00 PM
How is it your business what he does?

I see ghetto thug wannabes in the Navy at Pearl Harbor walk around sagging their pants all the time, they don't even wear covers. I don't care. They're the Navy. They used to be able to grow beards for ****'s sake.

gkmoz
01-27-11, 03:22 PM
Yep, We had a form of "black Panthers" back in 1969 at Pendleton.
Talk about unsat ? These guys were the most unsat people I ever saw in the Corps.
Unbloused trousers/afro-Combs in their Hair/utility covers folded in non-military style etc. Some others may remember them ? Moz :flag:

SGT7477
01-27-11, 05:35 PM
Looks like a chitbird, Semper Fidelis.

Old Marine
01-27-11, 07:09 PM
How is it your business what he does?

I see ghetto thug wannabes in the Navy at Pearl Harbor walk around sagging their pants all the time, they don't even wear covers. I don't care. They're the Navy. They used to be able to grow beards for ****'s sake.

That is because the Navy had a CNO by the name of Zumwalt who used to publish his famous "Z" Grams. Not only did the Navy grow beards then, they were all over the streets and at bus stops in their dungarees that were full of holes and dirty and greasy. That finally went away when Zumwalt left.

Way, way back when the old Navy was formed, most naval personnel had beards aboard ships.:evilgrin:

Ceckert85
01-27-11, 07:51 PM
All I am simply saying is that he should have more pride in the way he wears his uniform. You will probably never see a Marine wearing his charlies with a frickin flak on over them, and if you do he has got to be one of the biggest terds around.

micarr57
01-27-11, 08:17 PM
he's navy what the hell you guys expect
and yea he does look like a turd

USNAviator
01-27-11, 08:23 PM
All I am simply saying is that he should have more pride in the way he wears his uniform. You will probably never see a Marine wearing his charlies with a frickin flak on over them, and if you do he has got to be one of the biggest terds around.

Did I read your prior post correctly, he's a Corpsman? He's not FMF I hope!!!

WXSgt
01-27-11, 08:31 PM
That first off is not a "dress uniform" it is a working uniform for them which means if he needs to he will wear the flak. but i will say this it does look ****ing disgusting

USNAviator
01-27-11, 08:32 PM
Dan, his MOS wasn't mentioned, was it? I didn't see it. Don't know what his job is.

Dave I quote

"He was disguting all his corpsman buddies were just sittin there laughing at him while i took the photo" Corpsman buddies? I just assumed he was a Corpsman

Disguting?

USNAviator
01-27-11, 08:38 PM
Dan, I remember that now, the mind is the first thing to go, sorry----
If he is a Corpsman, the very first thing that needs emergency medical attention is that uniform.

LOL, if I knew the Morse for F$ckin A Bubba, I'd send it....:D

Sgt Leprechaun
01-27-11, 08:43 PM
Gads!

Wyoming
01-27-11, 08:44 PM
Derailing here -

I like your new username Dan.:thumbup:

Not bad for a squid.:banana:

USNAviator
01-27-11, 08:48 PM
Derailing here -

I like your new username Dan.:thumbup:

Not bad for a squid.:banana:

Big Al my friend, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have a portfolio on here!!. Thank you sir!!!

USNAviator
01-27-11, 09:11 PM
Gads!

Jason, you leave for 24 hours and the inmates are into Morse code......:D

So how much white stuff did y'all eventually get? I saw in the Richmond area they called off school, only a few inches but WTF, can't plow or sand if you don't have the equipment

Sgt Leprechaun
01-27-11, 09:13 PM
Tooo.....davmn......MUCH. I shoveled most of the day. That's after working last night..and working tonite.

About 8 inches.

USNAviator
01-27-11, 09:19 PM
Tooo.....davmn......MUCH. I shoveled most of the day. That's after working last night..and working tonite.

About 8 inches.

Heavy and wet or powdery? The heavy variety was called "widow maker snow" The few times we had such crap in VA, my Dad who was from Canada suggested we move further south...lol

Sgt Leprechaun
01-27-11, 09:21 PM
Wet....heavy, and nasty. FYI we don't use snow shovels since I have a STEEP, gravel driveway...we use BARN shovels, the kind you shovel feed with. They work far better and last longer.

LOL....I could title it "Dave and Dans derail thread"....

Hmmmmm....

USNAviator
01-27-11, 09:31 PM
[quote=Sgt Leprechaun;732382]Wet....heavy, and nasty. FYI we don't use snow shovels since I have a STEEP, gravel driveway...we use BARN shovels, the kind you shovel feed with. They work far better and last longer.

LOL....I could title it "Dave and Dans derail thread"....

Hmmmmm....[/quote

LOL lets go aliteration, Dave and Dan's Derail Debacle??? I'm willing to acknowledge Dave out ranks me in age, but it's the pay grade that counts.......:D

Sgt Leprechaun
01-27-11, 09:35 PM
Ooooh...I LIKE that one

USNAviator
01-27-11, 09:38 PM
Ooooh...I LIKE that one

:thumbup:

TheReservist
01-27-11, 10:21 PM
You know, he could have been driving a "tactical" vehicle. Depending on the base, you have to wear different levels of PPE.

On Marine bases it's flak and kevlar and on Army it's just a kevlar. I don't know what it is on Navy bases.

Ceckert85
01-28-11, 12:30 AM
The squid is going through the Field Medical Training Battallion to become a field med. and he was gettin gear issue to him. everyone had on cammies except him. theres always one right

AlohaMarine
01-28-11, 12:58 AM
Ceckert, we will start taking you seriously when you stop using drill instructor terms, start spelling correctly, and learn the rank structure of the United States Navy. Boot.

Gee guys, I think I'm gonna miss the Corps....

Ceckert85
01-28-11, 01:01 AM
What Drill Instructor terms am I using. Yes I messed up the rank my bad, and yeah i am pretty much a boot i have only been in a little over a year now.

sparkie
01-28-11, 07:24 AM
I've come to expect it,,,,

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/go-navy.jpg

TJR1070
01-28-11, 09:11 AM
Thankfully all the Midshipmen slated to go into the Marine Corps were playing in the game! Lol

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-11, 06:02 PM
"Truth in advertising at last" LOL

ggyoung
02-01-11, 06:19 PM
Admiral Hullsey would wear a Marine winter coat with the old M.C. Gunny strips. I have also seen photos of him wearing Marine coats with PFC strips on it.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-11, 07:10 PM
Really? I'd like to see a pic of THAT.

ggyoung
02-01-11, 07:49 PM
watch the military channel when they are showing the battle of midway and iwo and oki