PDA

View Full Version : This is what you signed up for

Nerd
01-25-11, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=player_embedded

Watch it and shed patriotic tears, my poolee friends. This is the old America that we should all love and wish for the rebirth of. Right now, this country is full of cowards, just like it was in the 60s with all the anti-war movements

lake9
01-26-11, 12:29 AM
best speech in the world.
we need a president t like Roland Reagan again.

wilsontc11
01-26-11, 01:36 AM
oorah. I wish we had a President like Reagan...

Nerd
01-26-11, 04:20 PM
That's what I keep saying everytime I listen to it. I listen to it over and over again and it makes me sad when I look at how stalwart and patriotic and just straight up "Pure American" we used to be, and now we're where we are now...

lake9
01-26-11, 04:31 PM
That's what I keep saying everytime I listen to it. I listen to it over and over again and it makes me sad when I look at how stalwart and patriotic and just straight up "Pure American" we used to be, and now we're where we are now...

alls not lost. still alot of Pure Americans around.

PooleeLeCates
01-26-11, 05:27 PM
That was seriously awesome.

semperfimrn1
01-26-11, 07:17 PM
one of the bests

very moto

Davemercd
01-26-11, 08:53 PM
Out ****ing standing.

Nerd
02-06-11, 10:05 AM
More poolees should see this speach. bumping

AlexJH
02-06-11, 04:11 PM
but.... reagan grew the size of government, he did basically nothing he campaigned on, just like how george bush campaigned on conservative/libertarian values...

Nerd
02-07-11, 02:07 PM
You don't get the point, do you, man? It's the speech and the values that we stand for.

And being conservative is better for our nation than being liberal. End of story

Nj St Of Mind
02-09-11, 10:36 PM
You don't get the point, do you, man? It's the speech and the values that we stand for.

And being conservative is better for our nation than being liberal. End of story

Dude are you kidding me? Are you purposely trying to start an arguement? Comments like that should not be said on a forum, especially a USMC forum. I can't tell if you truly believe your opinion is fact or you are just a bad troll. I chose the latter.

ImpatientPoolee
02-09-11, 10:57 PM
MOTO for sure. Reagan is a dicey character, kinda like W., granted people are going to see the negatives but what people don't see when it comes to Republican figures is all the RIGHT.

I live in Texas, and we have a damn good sense of justice down here and every conservative here will tell you how much they admire Reagan and W. for standing up to the evil in this world and not taking none of that apologetic/liberal/down-right sissy bull****.

Not on a USMC forum? I would imagine most people would be pretty comfortable with conservative talk on here.

AlexJH
02-10-11, 12:03 AM
I am a conservative btw, but Bush and Reagan may have talked the talking points, but they didn't execute them. The last of the old guard is Ron Paul, he's going to die soon and his son let's be honest isn't on par with him, maybe he will be, only time will tell..

liberals are a good counter-balance to when the conservatives get out of line, the ground zero mosque for example, the right was up in arms about it, but the left reminded them that they had a constitutional right to be there. I don't mean the code pink freaks, but just the average joe schmoe I vote democrat "liberal".

Conservatism by nature is conservative in the size of government, liberal in terms of individual liberty.

ImpatientPoolee
02-10-11, 03:01 AM
I'm not necessarily talking about anything else besides foreign policy, surely you can agree with what I said regarding foreign policy.

I suggest you read W.'s autobiography 'Decision Points'. Well it's more of a recommendation.

"Liberals" as it comes to foreign policy don't take a hard-enough line. That is my discussion. As far as individual liberty goes well that's another story.

And the Mosque...if my history is correct Ottomans used to build Mosque's on conquered territory...we still don't know where the funding for it is coming from. :)

AlexJH
02-10-11, 06:30 PM
Actually we did find out, turns out it came from a friend of Fox News. You do realize that it was conservatives who wanted to stay out of WWI and WWII right? They take the hard line and say "it's not our problem, we don't want it to be our problem, fight it out". It's not being a p*ssy, it's being smart. It's a well known fact that the US can kick anyone's a$$, that should be enough to keep us safe. You don't go around making enemies by replacing governments because it's more favorable to you.

sparkie
02-10-11, 07:58 PM
Poolees,,,, Dump your political bullpucky. Now. The USMC don't give a hoot your leanings. And you untested might have a job to do. If you become a Marine and start marching your political stance, I Will hunt your azz down 'cause that is Not what we are. We had a job to do. Can you fill those blues? I ain't no Mod,,, but if I have to,,, I can.
Don't you have something to do?

Nerd
02-10-11, 08:28 PM
aye Sgt

AlexJH
02-10-11, 08:41 PM
Poolees,,,, Dump your political bullpucky. Now. The USMC don't give a hoot your leanings. And you untested might have a job to do. If you become a Marine and start marching your political stance, I Will hunt your azz down 'cause that is Not what we are. We had a job to do. Can you fill those blues? I ain't no Mod,,, but if I have to,,, I can.
Don't you have something to do?

Don't you have something to do besides trying to chew out poolees on Leatherneck, SIR?

Last I checked, Marines in fact DO rate an opinion, there are regulations that prevent active duty Marines from speaking out at political events, and you have to watch what you say online, but that's about it. I'm am not a Marine, UCMJ doesn't apply to me and therefore I can say anything I damn well please. However I'm pretty sure Marines are allowed to vote in elections sir, so therefore yes they can have a political affiliation.

No one here is saying that politics will interfere with their job. We all understand what comes first, but politics does come up in discussions among peers, that is not banned in the Marine Corps.

You poolees are a bunch of suck ups.

sparkie
02-10-11, 08:54 PM
And you,,,,,,,, Are about to find reality. Hope you can handle.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 08:55 PM
Guess what, attitude lad...you AREN'T allowed to discuss politics in the poolee thread. PERIOD. Or in ANY poolee area. Quite simply, you don't RATE to play in the deep end of the pool.

YOU are not a 'peer' here. MARINES rate an opinion. You...do not. Not here.

You are done. 7 day extraction for failing to read, heed, and follow the rules, plus disrespecting a MARINE when you davmn sure don't rate THAT either.

Use that time to refamiliarize yourself with the rules here.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-11, 08:58 PM
This thread is CLOSED. Posting moto stuff is all fine and good...but as SOON as it gets political, you are DONE. I'd suggest ALL of you go and re-visit the rules/regulations of THIS site, the ones you agreed to when you signed up. They are posted.

The next 'political' thread started will get the 'starter' a 30 day extraction and the cone of shame.