PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Start some trouble!

CAS3
10-07-03, 10:39 AM
REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX
REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX
RESOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX REDSOX

1918 all over again...
Curse of the BABE has been lifted.:banana:

RoboRobinson17
10-07-03, 02:29 PM
GO CUBS!!

Quick, somebody toss me a flak jacket before greybeard reports back in....:banana:

Sparrowhawk
10-07-03, 02:53 PM
running into each other.....

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/2003/10/07/66LUSLRX.jpg

CAS3
10-07-03, 02:56 PM
Yeah!
When I saw that I thought they both would have cracked brain housing!
The reruns in slow motion looked worse.

USMC-FO
10-07-03, 03:58 PM
CAS 3.... you go girl ! You're pulling for the right team in the Sox !

Yankees may have won more but here they still "Suck"

:-)

Gary
10-07-03, 04:05 PM
As a dedicated Twins fan I say SCREW!! the Yankees Go for it Red Sox!!

Devildogg4ever
10-07-03, 06:16 PM
Is Babe Ruth back or something????

Sixguns
10-07-03, 07:37 PM
The United States Marine Corps!!!!

When you have the best players, the most championships (battles won) and a proud heritage, it's hard to be humble!!!!

RED SOX FANS ARE LOSERS!

Don't be haters!! Be imitaters!! Try to win a World title!!!!

IF EVERYONE COULD BE CHAMPIONS, THERE WOULD BE NO COMPETITION!!

CAS3
10-07-03, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Sixguns
The United States Marine Corps!!!!

When you have the best players, the most championships (battles won) and a proud heritage, it's hard to be humble!!!!

RED SOX FANS ARE LOSERS!

Don't be haters!! Be imitaters!! Try to win a World title!!!!

IF EVERYONE COULD BE CHAMPIONS, THERE WOULD BE NO COMPETITION!!

you will pay for that Bruce...I mean it!!!;)

Barrio_rat
10-08-03, 01:18 AM
Yankees...? Red Sox...? Cubs...? Twins... is that the Olsen twins?

Are these NFL expansion teams?

Oh, just did a search... baseball... LOL I thought it was something important...

Let's see... to define baseball to someone who has never seen it... 2 guys playing catch, one guy trying to interrupt it and 9 others watching - once in a while something happens but nobody is really sure what

It's anti-American as the defense controls the ball

It's a game, and a child’s game at that, can't even play in inclement weather

Okay, if those didn't get your dander up .... baseball is just cricket without manners

Watching baseball on tv is like watching NASCAR, bowling or golf - there's no point to it. It's hours of boredom separated by intermittent moments of varying levels of excitement. If you just take those moments, it would last all of about 10 minutes and would be far more entertaining.

You know baseball is lacking - they won't even put a world series game up against a regular season football game... sad

Besides, it takes more than one game to determine the winner and there is no real playoff system. Sure, they choose the four teams with the best record over a season but it is hard to say if those are the best teams at that time. Without a playoff system, there's no way of knowing for sure - makes the championship worth just a little less....

Oh yeah, and I don't hate baseball - you have to care about something in order to hate it.

greybeard
10-09-03, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by RoboRobinson17
GO CUBS!!

Quick, somebody toss me a flak jacket before greybeard reports back in....:banana:

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the playoffs and world series. Got my vcr ready, to record history being made. Not sure where, or who is gonna do it, but it's going to be a huge pleasure watching the Cubs fold like an old chair.:banana:

btrogu
10-09-03, 08:06 PM
Hey guys, what post had all the nfl cheerleader on it. I cant find it. HELPPPPPPPPP.

greensideout
10-09-03, 08:11 PM
btrogu,

This one is BASEBALL.

Cheerleaders at a baseball game?

LMAO!

Go to NFL, you may have some luck.

thedrifter
10-09-03, 08:11 PM
btrogu

In the Slope Shute.....Thread called NFL Forum ...

SF

Roger
:marine:

btrogu
10-09-03, 08:13 PM
One of the guys on here a few days ago put all these photos up from different cheerleaders from there towns.

thedrifter
10-09-03, 08:22 PM
Here is the thread.....Greensideout poped it up for you in the slope shute.......

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9981

SF

Roger

SSgtOfMarines
10-09-03, 09:06 PM
Figures Cas is a BoSux fan............

GO YANKS

CPLRapoza
10-09-03, 09:38 PM
Go Sox, it's time the curse was lifted, and the Yanks are put in thier proper place....washing our jocks after we cream em'.

CAS3
10-09-03, 10:41 PM
DAMN Thought we could keep this clean!
Yes Sgtof Marines I am a REDSOX fan...
come here and say something to my face!

CPLRapoza
10-09-03, 11:46 PM
Shaffer, you must realize that the Red Sox are going to win, no questions asked. So before you go out and buy your next banwagon yankees cover. sit down an watch the annihalation that comes there way.

SSgtOfMarines
10-10-03, 07:00 PM
Once again, the uneducated have spoken. I feel sorry for anyone that publicy admits that they are a RedSux fan. I truly feel sorry for you folks. At least Haley's Comet produces some results every 75 years.

The only curses that afflict the RedSux are ones that are directed at them by RedSux fans.

thedrifter
10-11-03, 01:26 PM
Sox Fans Try Exorcising Demons With Offerings At Babe Ruth's Grave

POSTED: 4:38 p.m. EDT October 9, 2003
UPDATED: 10:25 p.m. EDT October 9, 2003

HAWTHORNE, N.Y. -- Chris Sobotka, wearing a Red Sox cap, walked up to Babe Ruth's grave and offered the Bambino -- dead 55 years now -- a 12-ounce bribe.

Placing an unopened can of Budweiser on Ruth's headstone, Sobotka explained his offering: "Knowing the Babe, he was a big drinker. Maybe he'll take it easy on us and we can break this curse once and for all."

Twenty miles north of Yankee Stadium, where Sobotka's beloved Boston Red Sox battled Ruth's New York Yankees for a World Series berth, the Babe's gravesite in Gate of Heaven cemetery was drawing heavy traffic.

Yankees fans honored their team's starry past; Red Sox fans hoped to reverse their star-crossed existence.

Nothing much has worked since 1920, when Ruth was sold by the Sox to the Yankees and the "Curse of the Bambino" was launched. He became the game's greatest player as New York won 26 subsequent championships.

Boston has never won since.

So even after the Red Sox took Game 1 on Wednesday night, petitioners were lining up at the gravesite with its depiction of Jesus guiding a little boy. Creativity was in order.

Bosox fan Kris Schneider, a hotel worker from East Meadow, had his 2-year-old son Dylan leave a plastic pacifier right on Jesus' big toe. Dylan didn't seem to miss the "binky," busy as he was rolling down the slope leading up to the grave.

"There's a curse, no question about it," said Schneider. "The Sox always come up short. I figure, the Babe, a baby, a pacifier, pacify the Babe."

Rich Faviano, an IBM worker from Marlboro, N.J., had something else in mind: Get Ruth riled up, have him call on some other departed Yankees and make sure the curse is enforced. Here's the message Faviano taped to the stone:

"Wake up the Babe, Joe D., Mick, Lou, Billy and Thurman! Lead the Yankees to another victory over the Red Sox!"

Another Yankee fan had propped a newspaper against the headstone: Wednesday's Daily News, with a determined-looking Babe, and the message "No Way" on the front page.

Salvatore Garro, a truck driver from the cemetery's maintenance crew, said the grave gets tidied early each morning. Flowers and pictures are the most common items left by visitors, but that's changed since post-season play began.

The haul from recent days included a softball, a baseball, five Yankee caps and a Red Sox cap, two baseball bats, a Scott Brosius baseball card, the special baseball section from Wednesday's New York Post, a Yankees license plate, an ash tray and an Irish blessing.

"People also leave pocket change," he said.

Eileen Setzler of Canton, Conn., came by the Ruth grave after visiting her father's burial plot nearby. Dan Healy, who died in April, would have been 77 years old on Thursday.

"I'm doing it for my dad," she said. "He grew up in the Bronx and just loved going to Yankee games. ... I had to come here because I was visiting my dad and I know what's going on with the Red Sox and the curse."

Sobotka, who lives in Levittown, said he had no doubts about the existence of the curse. "I'm feeling it," he proclaimed. "I'm feeling it this whole series."

Even Garro, who walks among the dead every day but never recalls a single paranormal experience, acknowledged that he believed in the Ruthian Red Sox jinx.

"I don't believe in ghosts," he said. "A curse, that I believe."
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.wnbc.com/sports/2544243/detail.html

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

CPLRapoza
10-11-03, 03:49 PM
Well just counts on the Spankees getting spanked by the RED SOX

Santos
10-11-03, 07:59 PM
Bread? Are you some sort of pastry or yeast concoction? Glad to know Yankees fans are highly intelligent. :)

Bred,
Santos

SSgtOfMarines
10-11-03, 08:08 PM
at least the Cubs are lovable losers

Santos
10-12-03, 09:32 AM
Just because you edited your post doesn't mean it wasn't there Shaffer! I know the truth. :)

thedrifter
10-12-03, 09:49 AM
Hell did I miss something.......;) ......LOL.....

SF

Roger

Sparrowhawk
10-12-03, 11:36 AM
Here's one for you CAS...LOL

CPLRapoza
10-12-03, 12:41 PM
THose New Yawkers and there pride, you now it's one of the seven deadlies. It don't mean a thing, Will come back this year, just watch the series ain't over yet.

Sixguns
10-12-03, 04:29 PM
We all know the photo was touched up. After all, they don't make Red Sox apparel in munchkin sizes!!!!

Besides, I think in the original photo CAS's shirt is imprinted with "I did the" with the Red Sox logo below!!! I think Jerry bought the shirt for her in Massachusetts. Anyway, CAS is only a Red Sox fan because she heard they have a big green monster they play with in the outfield. She's been trying to lure the monster into her room to play with for years!!!

CAS, I am not even close to being done with you!!!

Sparrowhawk
10-12-03, 05:56 PM
We all know the photo was touched up. After all, they don't make Red Sox apparel in munchkin sizes!!!!

ROTFLMAO

CAS3
10-15-03, 08:41 AM
BITE ME GERALD..
Its not over till is over!

GO REDSOX!!

USMC-FO
10-15-03, 10:20 AM
Don't think Yogi was that literate....

"It ain't over till it's over..."

Great quotes are always great quotes even if said by a Yankee....

Sox fans also love to live in a world of S**T and worry......but
WE DON"T SEE THE FAT LADY SINGING YET !!

GO SOX !!!!!

Gary
10-15-03, 12:19 PM
at least the Sox fans aren't helping them lose like the Cubs fans :banana: ;)

kubba
10-15-03, 03:32 PM
I use to be a fan. Gave up when the Red Sox had a 14 game lead, 1975 I think and ended up 3 games out.
Besides, don't you guys think they get paid way to much money?
How can a mom or dad take the family to a game today without dropping 3 to5 hundred dollars.
As for football I stopped when they cut out the cheerleaders at halftime and they get to much money too.
What ever happened to the guys who played for the love of the game and 50 bucks for an autograph , they should be ashamed.
Just my opinions do not mean to offend you die hard supporters.
Stan :marine:

CAS3
10-15-03, 03:50 PM
GERALD...YoU WILL PAY FOR THAT.
I am not a fat lady!

FYI to everyone else...I sent that pic to Gerald and I had my Boston hat on!

Kubba..
I go to see the Redsox when they come to Baltimore. It is 9 bucks for a bleacher seat. Pretty cheap for a good time!

CAS3
10-15-03, 06:31 PM
HEY GERALD...

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!
Close to almost being over!!

CAS3
10-15-03, 07:17 PM
Now now,
no need to be cranky cause those

SPANKEES LOST!!!

LOL

yellowwing
10-15-03, 07:23 PM
Well them Sox performed tonight! Are they paid too much? Can you imagine a grunt platoon that had the budget of a starting pitcher's salary?

Sixguns
10-15-03, 07:31 PM
Yes, CAS does have that T-Shirt!!!

Front side imprint:

"first base, second base, third base, home......."

Back side imprint:

"For a good time, spend the nine bucks to buy me a bleacher seat ticket!"

USMC-FO
10-15-03, 07:36 PM
Let's see......Sox 9 Yanks 6 Hmmm.... Nope don't hear the fat lady singing tonight. Game of ages tomorrow ! Stay tuned !!

GO SOX !!!

kubba
10-16-03, 06:04 PM
Just curious to know how many of you are true fans and how many jump on the band wagon when your team is doing well?
Be honest.
Stan:banana:

Osotogary
10-16-03, 06:19 PM
Hitch 'em up because it is time to .....

CAS3
10-16-03, 06:20 PM
Yes, CAS does have that T-Shirt!!!

Front side imprint:

"first base, second base, third base, home......."

Back side imprint:

"For a good time, spend the nine bucks to buy me a bleacher seat ticket!"

Bruce...
YOU ARE GONNA PAY! Like always!:banana:

KUBBA...
Been a Redsox fan since birth!

jo_beth
10-16-03, 07:28 PM
ouch.

CAS3
10-16-03, 08:45 PM
Lets see...It's the top of the 5th 2 on and 1 out
Boston 4
Spankees 0

HEE HEE HEE

Sparrowhawk
10-16-03, 11:23 PM
NO way, we in California will start a recall of the Yankees from the World series....

CAS3
10-16-03, 11:37 PM
THANKS COOK...
I don't want to hear a word from anyone.
I will be in mourning for the next week!

greybeard
10-17-03, 12:11 AM
Too late-here, bookmark this for next year.
http://www.chclibrary.org/micromed/00050520.html

Originally posted by CAS3
THANKS COOK...
I don't want to hear a word from anyone.
I will be in mourning for the next week!

yellowwing
10-17-03, 12:24 AM
I lay the blame of the Red Sox loss on the feet of Manager Grady Little! Going to the mound and asking a pitcher if he feels okay after 100+ pitches should not be an option. <br />
<br />
Pedro Martinez gave a...

Barrio_rat
10-17-03, 01:23 AM
"I lay the blame of the Red Sox loss on the feet of Manager Grady Little! Going to the mound and asking a pitcher if he feels okay after 100+ pitches should not be an option."

This, to me, is nothing more than poor leadership and that means that the better team won.

I'm hoping for the Yanks to take it in 4 (stupid that they gotta play more than one game) because the sooner it's over the sooner we can focus on what is important. Such as...

The NFC East #1 Dallas Cowboys
and
The NFC West #1 (can you believe it!?!) Seattle Seahawks

Now that's something worth getting up for!

yellowwing
10-17-03, 02:57 AM
"This, to me, is nothing more than poor leadership and that means that the better team won." - I am taking that as the ground pounders of the Red Sox have nothing to be ashamed of.

If it was meant otherwise than, Screw U! yuk-yuk! ;)

yellowwing
10-17-03, 03:04 AM
Crikey Mate! Where is CAS3 when I need my six covered?

Anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Barrio_rat
10-17-03, 04:40 AM
Sure, hadn’t thought of it that way but I suppose it works - if it helps you get over your loss... hehehehe... Actually, I was coming from the TEAM aspect - not one person won nor lost the game for them, it was a team effort. And, to your point of not being ashamed, I’d say as long as they put forth maximum effort - you’re right and they have nothing to be ashamed of. Hell, it’s best Sox team in many years - if nothing else, that is something to be proud of.

In case it didn’t show with some of my earlier postings, I don’t care for baseball. For you fanatics, It’s a choice I must live with - for those of you who understand - it is a filler during the NFL off season. Even with all the hell I give baseball and its players, I will concede that there is a great deal of skill needed to hit a 90+ mph ball with a stick - as well, to catch one of these balls (especially when it’s been hit well).

However, if you compare offense to offense - in baseball, if the batter hits the ball 30% of the time, he is good. If he is in the 40% range he is near greatness - last one to hit 41% was a Marine, go figure. If a tackle blocks only 30% of the time, he’s benched - usually these people are required to be effective in the upper 90% range. What if the center was only efficient 30% of the time? I don’t think so - this is a position that requires near 100% results. Receivers - figure about 60-80% of catchable balls. Quarterbacks are rarely under 50% in pass effectiveness - a number which is skewed by throw-aways, tipped balls, etc. So, more is expected of football players than of baseball players, yet they are paid far less by comparison. Okay, you can argue that football players don’t have nearly as long of season - to which I’d argue, baseball needs to lose about half of its season and bring in a real play off system - and they should be required to hit 55% of the time. That would make it interesting - oh, and for every 1 point under a 55% batting average they should lose $10,000 each time they are at bat. And that would give them incentive!

Devildogg4ever
10-17-03, 05:36 AM
Well said, Barrio_rat! I agree with what you have said, totally!!

greybeard
10-17-03, 04:31 PM
Apples to oranges Barrio_rat. I'll maybe buy into that comparison when an NFL reciever has to routinely catch 90 mph footballs. You get 4 downs in football in order to continue on the offense. 3 men out-you're on defense in baseball. I like them both, but they are 2 completely different games with different skills required for each.

Mudwalker
10-18-03, 01:13 AM
The Sox have about as much a chance making it to the World Series as the Big Dig has at getting finished.

Sixguns
10-18-03, 05:57 PM
CAS has been a Red Sox fan since birth!!!!

TALK ABOUT BIRTH DEFECTS!!!!

Barrio_rat
10-18-03, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Mudwalker
The Sox have about as much a chance making it to the World Series as the Big Dig has at getting finished.

Makes sense - factor in the salaries and over time... they both cost about the same....