PDA

View Full Version : MOS 4133 MCCS Marine

Marine3451
01-25-11, 07:26 PM
anyone in done this mos or know anyone who has. Just wondering what they do other than supervise exchanges.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-26-11, 11:33 PM
I think that's pretty much it...and I also think it's one of those MOS's that is slowly being phased out. Not sure though...hit up your 'jammer and see what they say. Either that, or go to the MCX, and hunt one of them up, and ask about what they do...straight from the horses mouth...

AlohaMarine
01-27-11, 01:32 AM
I remember the first time I saw a PX guy. He was a Sgt and I was coming with some buddies to buy some stuff.

I see this dude walk behind the register and tell me he can ring me out. I was like GTFO lol, you're gonna get in trouble bro.

It took me like 5 minutes to realize that he was serious.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-27-11, 01:34 AM
LOL. I guess in the long run it would prep you to run a major store or something. Don't laugh, a wallymart or major grocery store manager pulls down some SERIOUS coin. The local Wegemans is adverting for a Manager and the starting is 75.00...an HOUR.

That's big freakin bucks.

emax
01-27-11, 08:24 AM
I had a 4131 (exchangeman) MOS. (76-80) Mid 79 it was phased out for below SGT. All of us at Pendleton were given "dream sheets" to fill out with our choice of 3 MOS and 3 Duty Stations. I was TAD to Bridgeport at the time and with 16 months left on my enlistment, I was retained in that MOS as a Cpl. Reenlistment options didn't include my MOS.

Duties included as an exchangeman included unloading trucks, stocking shelves and ringing up purchases. As ASST. MGR, Supervision of employees, (Marine & Civilian), and those listed above. Mgr. had overall responsibilities of operation and ordering. We also cashed checks on Payday.

While at Camp Pendleton, I worked in the 22area. The store was attached to postal and the gym (22160). I started as an exchangeman, then Asst. Mgr., and Mgr for 9 months before moving to Las Pulgas ( a bigger store) as Asst. Mgr. Then 19 months as Asst. Mgr at Bridgeport.

emax
01-27-11, 08:26 AM
Now I am the Purchasing Mgr at a medium size tool shop, so I guess it worked out.

R Landry
01-27-11, 08:31 AM
And emax is a qualified Marine rifleman.

emax
01-27-11, 08:52 AM
And emax is a qualified Marine rifleman.

Never forgot that. About the proudest thing I've done in my life.