PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp advice

Trev Kuch
01-25-11, 07:11 AM
hello marines my name is trevor and i am a soon to be marine and im asking is there any advice you can give me before i go to boot camp, i leave hopefully sometime next year, getting my contract signed this april and my chosen MOS is 1833

Oorah Semper Fi :usmc:

Lisa 23
01-25-11, 07:17 AM
Try doing a search on the site for your answers.

POOLEE/WANNABEE SITE RULES! Read FIRST!!!

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989&page=2

Marine3451
01-25-11, 07:28 AM
My advice would be to get an EGA tattoo before boot camp. Your drill instructors will see your motovated and make you the guide

Trev Kuch
01-25-11, 07:36 AM
My advice would be to get an EGA tattoo before boot camp. Your drill instructors will see your motovated and make you the guide

i dont know my brother said to not get a tattoo before boot but to get one after boot ya know

Marine3451
01-25-11, 08:55 AM
/facepalm

Old Marine
01-25-11, 10:25 AM
Just show up for Boot Camp, keep your pie hole shut and your eyes wide open and do everything instantly to the best of your ability. You will be fine.

thewookie
01-25-11, 10:29 AM
Just show up for Boot Camp, keep your pie hole shut and your eyes wide open and do everything instantly to the best of your ability. You will be fine.

What he said.

BEN152PI
01-25-11, 10:52 AM
Get a copy of the Guidebook For Marines and study it

BEN152PI
01-25-11, 10:58 AM
This is an excellent online resource

http://www.theusmarines.com/united-states-marine-guidebook-of-essential-subjects/

Trev Kuch
01-25-11, 02:20 PM
thanks everyone and great advice old Marine

gkmoz
01-25-11, 03:25 PM
Both good advice ! I would add ! Take time in your mind to suck it all in ! It will be over before you realize you've been there. S/F future Devildog OOOOOOOOO RRRRAAAAAAAAA :evilgrin::thumbup: Moz 69-70 USMC :flag:

gkmoz
01-25-11, 03:29 PM

http://www.theusmarines.com/united-states-marine-guidebook-of-essential-subjects/

As an avid classic Car buff, absolutely love the " 55 " Bel air convertibles !! me likes the 56 and 57 as well. I myself have a " 65 GS Skylark Buick " vert. Moz

gkmoz
01-25-11, 04:49 PM
Trev, I was a 1833 while I was in AAV crewman :tank: Moz

Trev Kuch
01-25-11, 07:02 PM
Trev, I was a 1833 while I was in AAV crewman :tank: Moz
thats really cool i was always intrigued by Amphibious Assault my brother was in amphib assault and then he went in Force Recon but then he was killied in Afghanistan and thank you sir for the advice and your service
R.I.P Lcpl Shane Pike :usmc:

SGT7477
01-25-11, 07:55 PM
:D:D:D,Semper Fidelis.

lonewolf121
01-25-11, 08:12 PM
thats really cool i was always intrigued by Amphibious Assault my brother was in amphib assault and then he went in Force Recon but then he was killied in Afghanistan and thank you sir for the advice and your service
R.I.P Lcpl Shane Pike :usmc:

Sorry about your loss. :flag:

Trev Kuch
01-25-11, 09:09 PM
Sorry about your loss. :flag:
Thank you

Trev Kuch
01-25-11, 09:15 PM

Thank you for the information ive been reading it for the past hour

Trev Kuch
01-26-11, 05:23 AM
yea it has been hard but he was doing his job and died for a cause to defend our nation i wish i could be half the man he was

Trev Kuch
01-26-11, 07:06 AM
Thank you sir that means alot and thank you for your service to our great nation

usmcoct6369
09-29-11, 05:08 PM
Old Marine said it all, do it, you'll love every minute.

chulaivet1966
09-29-11, 05:32 PM
I will echo all other comments above.
I'll chime in with what I offered in a similar thread some months ago:

Keep your mouth shut
Keep your eyes and ears open
Set the best example in mind, spirit and attitude among your fellow recruits
Always give 110%

If you ever think for one second that boot camp is a bi!ch.......think again.
Combat and the stresses involved are what you are preparing you mind and body for.
Unfortunately, no one can prepare you fully for that experience with words.
YOU must nurture and develop your sense of fortitude and stamina under those circumstances.....should you be that lucky.
Remember that you may be called upon one day to save a Brother in combat so be the toughest in your platoon.

Do not embarrass us.

Good luck....carry on...