PDA

View Full Version : wisdom teeth in boot

green333
01-24-11, 11:34 AM
i havent had my wisdom teeth removed and heard that i will have to get them out while in boot. how bad is it???

Lisa 23
01-24-11, 11:40 AM
If they're not bothering you, don't worry about it.
Also, I know this is the Ask A Marine forum, but try using the search bar "first" before asking questions.

Wisdom teeth, and extra tooth?
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98417&highlight=wisdom+teeth

Wisdom Teeth
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94779&highlight=wisdom+teeth

Phantom Blooper
01-24-11, 11:40 AM
The dentist determines whether to pull them....

If so you go get them pulled and go back to squadbay on bedrest....for at least a day....someone is designated to bring you chow....liquids...

If no complications you resume full duty and training.

Study hard....real hard....before you go to boot camp....

You get them pulled and then you lose your wisdom and have dumbazz atttacks.

Quinbo
01-24-11, 01:18 PM
I still have one. Had two removed prior to boot camp and one removed when I hit the fleet. The remaining one was deemed not necessary to remove.

josephd
01-24-11, 01:42 PM
If they're not bothering you, don't worry about it.

ummm not true, mine weren't bothering me at all and had plenty of space to come in completely and they pulled mine.

If you get them pulled its not bad at all, they numb you up pretty good and then you get a few days on bed rest with some might good pain killers.

Lisa 23
01-24-11, 01:44 PM
ummm not true, mine weren't bothering me at all and had plenty of space to come in completely and they pulled mine.

If you get them pulled its not bad at all, they numb you up pretty good and then you get a few days on bed rest with some might good pain killers.

I stand corrected.......my bad.

SSgt Lamie
01-24-11, 02:38 PM
Just wait to get them removed. We just had a Poolee show up here today who got his wisdom teeth pulled a couple weeks ago and the DR at MEPS DQ'd him for 4 weeks. So now he has to wait another month before he can ship to MCRD.

Zulu 36
01-24-11, 03:25 PM
Lisa is partially right. If they aren't bothering you RIGHT NOW, don't worry about it. Let the Marine Corps decide later. By bother I mean really painful.

Mine were pulled well after boot camp; one pair at Iwakuni on my second WestPac tour, and the other pair about a year later at Pendleton. The first pair matched the REALLY painful bother. The second set was pulled for the symmetry of the thing, I guess. I was out of action two-days for the first pair, one-day for the second pair.

Apache
01-24-11, 03:38 PM
The DI yanked mine in formation
Said they were not issued

Used a legnth of commo wire and two recruits

haebyungdae
01-25-11, 01:59 AM
Had all four of mine taken out in bootcamp. All but one came out clean and I was given one day bed rest and one day light duty, then it was back to it. They gave me meds, but I believe it was motrin and I was in pain and could barely eat for a little over a week. However, you are allowed to eat ice cream, which in the normal world is nothing, but in bootcamp is wonderful. Don't worry too much about it, the dentists there do it all the time so they are pros at it.

green333
01-25-11, 08:56 AM
thanks for the replys everyone