PDA

View Full Version : Does Everyone know there General Orders

crodgers4101
01-23-11, 02:24 PM
Listen up poolees who knows there General Orders and if you do what number to you know them up to. Its Time to learn them. If anyone has other Information that they think should be learned that is no in the welcome aboard book it would be awesome if you shared it with us.

Thanks Marines and Poolees!!!:iwo:

calebh180
01-23-11, 03:06 PM
To take charge of this post blah... thats all I know lol. gotta hit the books. thanks for the reminder haha

crodgers4101
01-23-11, 03:14 PM
This Recruits first general orders is to To take charge of this post and Government property in view. Sir lol keep on it the last one is the hardest... it is the longest

lake9
01-23-11, 03:30 PM
i did this with out looking at anything. let me know if im missing anything. im sure i messed up a few things. <br />
<br />
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view. <br />
2. To walk my...

lake9
01-23-11, 03:35 PM
wow i did ****ing awesome.
im ready for boot. !!!!

dotKev
01-23-11, 06:20 PM
They really aren't too difficult to memorize. I just kept going over them one by one and eventually got it. A lot of other poolees I know wrote them down over and over until they could do it by heart.

crodgers4101
01-23-11, 07:12 PM
Your awsome man bring on the DI lol

calebh180
01-23-11, 07:24 PM
They really aren't too difficult to memorize. I just kept going over them one by one and eventually got it. A lot of other poolees I know wrote them down over and over until they could do it by heart.
Im just gonna wait til about a month before i leave before i start memorizing knowledge stuff. Im alot more worried about being ready physically

lake9
01-23-11, 08:08 PM

yeah they are way easier then i thought.

Buhler
01-23-11, 10:29 PM
Yeah once you get the first few down you get the hang of it and it becomes easier to memorize the rest... until you hit the last one lol.

lake9
01-23-11, 10:53 PM
Yeah once you get the first few down you get the hang of it and it becomes easier to memorize the rest... until you hit the last one lol.

tbh the last one was easy for me. number 6 was harder then 11.

wilsontc11
01-23-11, 10:54 PM
yeah... make sure you guys memorize them. dont pull a PFC guthier and not know any of your general orders in 3rd phase... lol

Rough Hands
01-24-11, 04:30 AM
To be honest, if you've got a general idea of what they are before you leave, you'll be fine... Your drill instructors will have ditties for you to scream at the top of your lungs on a regular basis and you WILL remember your general orders.

Kiri
01-24-11, 11:51 AM
Nope.

Kevin691
01-24-11, 09:47 PM
I have the General Orders, the rank structure, the Marine Hymn, The Rifle Creed, The Leadership Traits and the basic Marine Corps information all memorized.

soon2bMarine10
01-24-11, 10:18 PM
Same here i have been studying this info for a while and i have been on this site sudying the bootcamp guide and now im ready for my ship date!!!

Nerd
01-25-11, 06:07 AM
Im just gonna wait til about a month before i leave before i start memorizing knowledge stuff. Im alot more worried about being ready physically

I came into the DEP skinny and weak as hell. But now I'm really strong and I know all my knowledge. You will be forced to learn many many things in the Corps and at Boot camp. Best start learning how to multi-learn now

Pylon
02-03-11, 12:39 AM
I found MP3s online of someone slowly speaking a lot of knowledge topics: general orders, leadership traits, leadership principles, etc.

I just played one at a time on infinite repeat in the car or on my iPod until I could recite it from memory without the recording. Might as well make good use of the time sitting in the car or on the subway.

crodgers4101
02-03-11, 11:05 AM
I found MP3s online of someone slowly speaking a lot of knowledge topics: general orders, leadership traits, leadership principles, etc.

I just played one at a time on infinite repeat in the car or on my iPod until I could recite it from memory without the recording. Might as well make good use of the time sitting in the car or on the subway.

can you give me the link to that

The motivater
02-03-11, 11:32 AM
the general orders are easy and learning the enlisted ranks were easy to i can them at the drop of a hat

Pylon
02-03-11, 03:45 PM
can you give me the link to that

I typed "General Orders MP3" into Google and the very first result was the MP3 I started with. May I suggest you read "A Message to Garcia"?

Big Tuna
02-08-11, 04:44 AM
I used my own iPod and recorded a voice memo of ME reciting the 11 general orders (while reading them from the book). Then, For about a week and a half, I would play it all the time... while driving my car, on the stereo when doing stuff around the house (and nobody else was home), on some headphones as I was falling asleep.... It would automatically play and then repeat itself at the end.

After the first day or so, I started trying to verbally say them out loud along with my own recording. If I messed up, I had to wait till it started over to try again. And if I screwed up again, I had to wait again. I would just try to remember what I screwed up each time and try NOT to screw it up the following time.

And as for remembering which general order is which number, I tried coming up with little rules or hints for each one in regards to the NUMBER of the rule. Some examples:

General Order #4: I think of the number four, I think of somebody screaming FOOOOUR in a golf game... shouting.... shouting at others.... ah! Relaying messages to people far away!
General Order #5: I think of the number five, I think about the fact that many people work a "nine-to-five" job. And what do they do at FIVE? They quit! Quitting my my post!

You get the idea.

shadox
02-13-11, 10:07 PM
You guys forgot General Order 12&13

12. To walk my post flank to flank, take no sh*t from any rank.
13. Walk my post round and round, f*ck this sh*t I'm sitting down.

Recruiter told me that one.:D

calebh180
02-13-11, 10:09 PM
You guys forgot General Order 12&13

12. To walk my post flank to flank, take no sh*t from any rank.
13. Walk my post round and round, f*ck this sh*t I'm sitting down.

Recruiter told me that one.:D
Lol havent heard the 13th one. My recruiters said the 12th on the last pool function

srdMC21
02-15-11, 03:31 PM
Just to clear it up. If you dont know them dont worry. I went into Boot not knowing any of them. Did fine, youll get plenty of time to learn them their. And Im sure it hasent changed, just graduated Feb 11th Insane India.

USMC Infantry
02-17-11, 12:19 PM
NO I DON'T KNOW MY GENERAL ORDERS AND EVERY TIME I SEE THIS THREAD I WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT. or shoot you in the foot either way works..

ChrrySkoal
03-15-11, 11:16 AM
The M16A2 Rifle:
Nomenclature – The M16A2 is a lightweight, gas–operated, air–cooled, magazine–fed, shoulder–fired weapons that can be fired either in automatic, three–round bursts, or semiautomatic single shots.

Manufacturer: Colt Manufacturing and Fabrique Nationale Manufacturing Inc.
Length: 39.63 inches (100.66 centimeters)
Weight, with 30 round magazine: 8.79 pounds (3.99 kilograms)
Bore diameter: 5.56mm (.233 inches)
Maximum effective range:
Area target: 2,624.8 feet (800 meters)
Point target: 1,804.5 feet (550 meters)
Maximum Range – 3534 meters
Muzzle velocity: 2,800 feet (853 meters) per second
Chamber Pressure – 52,000 psi
Rate of fire:
Cyclic: 800 rounds per minute
Sustained: 12–15 rounds per minute
Semiautomatic: 45 rounds per minute
Burst: 90 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds
Unit Replacement Cost: $586
Type of Grenade Launcher – M203
Type of Bayonet – M7

Vise
03-15-11, 01:15 PM
Yes. I know them.

PooleeGewarges
03-15-11, 04:48 PM
This poolee has memorized his 11 General Orders, Rifle Creed, Enlisted Ranks, Officer Ranks, General Ranks, Leadership Traits and Principles, Military Code of Conduct Articles one through six, first verse of Marine Corps Hymn. Yet this poolee has yet to learn............MANY MORE THINGS TO COME! :flag::usmc:

AlexJH
03-15-11, 05:32 PM
The M16A2 Rifle:
Nomenclature – The M16A2 is a lightweight, gas–operated, air–cooled, magazine–fed, shoulder–fired weapons that can be fired either in automatic, three–round bursts, or semiautomatic single shots.

Manufacturer: Colt Manufacturing and Fabrique Nationale Manufacturing Inc.
Length: 39.63 inches (100.66 centimeters)
Weight, with 30 round magazine: 8.79 pounds (3.99 kilograms)
Bore diameter: 5.56mm (.233 inches)
Maximum effective range:
Area target: 2,624.8 feet (800 meters)
Point target: 1,804.5 feet (550 meters)
Maximum Range – 3534 meters
Muzzle velocity: 2,800 feet (853 meters) per second
Chamber Pressure – 52,000 psi
Rate of fire:
Cyclic: 800 rounds per minute
Sustained: 12–15 rounds per minute
Semiautomatic: 45 rounds per minute
Burst: 90 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds
Unit Replacement Cost: $586
Type of Grenade Launcher – M203
Type of Bayonet – M7

straight motarded, I think you only need to know the nomenclature

PooleeGewarges
03-15-11, 07:07 PM
straight motarded, I think you only need to know the nomenclature

He got the info off from the USMC weapons website. I will leave the knowledge of the M16 when I am in boot camp.

ChrrySkoal
03-16-11, 09:50 AM
Yea I did but i was thinking it'll all be good to know lol:D

IHaveEGA843
03-17-11, 05:31 AM
SMH, I need to hop on the ball and learn these orders especially with the possibilty of me shipping at the end of this month!!!!!

holey336
03-18-11, 12:01 PM
i got the general orders and rank structure down pat in only a couple of hours each, and made flash cads to go over every once in a while so i dont forget, but i still have trouble with the leadership traits(jj did tie buckle) im good now but i kept thinking dependability was dedicated, usually forget endurance also but remember in a few seconds, also remebered the military alphabet and most of the rifleman's creed

ChrrySkoal
03-18-11, 12:18 PM
i got the general orders and rank structure down pat in only a couple of hours each, and made flash cads to go over every once in a while so i dont forget, but i still have trouble with the leadership traits(jj did tie buckle) im good now but i kept thinking dependability was dedicated, usually forget endurance also but remember in a few seconds, also remebered the military alphabet and most of the rifleman's creed

Im having a crazy problem learning the general orders Iv only been a poolee for about a month and I only the 1st two down. I'm not really book smart but somehow im making high honors this year...never made the honor roll before except in 7th grade...motivation much? haha:banana:

Nerd
03-18-11, 12:44 PM
Pretty close, Lake9. Keep working on those small little details, or the DI's will have your ass

holey336
03-18-11, 12:54 PM
Im having a crazy problem learning the general orders Iv only been a poolee for about a month and I only the 1st two down. I'm not really book smart but somehow im making high honors this year...never made the honor roll before except in 7th grade...motivation much? haha:banana:
i guess im kind of book smart, or at least i was, but what i did was read the first 5 non stop like 12-15 times, then see if i could repeat em if i got stuck i just looked at it again n tried to remember "ok i got stuck on 3" n go over 3 a few times and then do all 5 again, once i got the first 5 i did the same thing with the last 6. i thought it would take me days but it actually came really quick n surprised me, same thing with rank did e1-e5 then e6-e9, the last 4 officers are easy to remember because of the diddy "be my little general" so the first 6 officers were easy broken into groups of 3. a psych professor once told me any body can remember anything if the repeat it to themselves 21 times in a row, repetition is key, hope that helps

ChrrySkoal
03-18-11, 12:59 PM
i guess im kind of book smart, or at least i was, but what i did was read the first 5 non stop like 12-15 times, then see if i could repeat em if i got stuck i just looked at it again n tried to remember "ok i got stuck on 3" n go over 3 a few times and then do all 5 again, once i got the first 5 i did the same thing with the last 6. i thought it would take me days but it actually came really quick n surprised me, same thing with rank did e1-e5 then e6-e9, the last 4 officers are easy to remember because of the diddy "be my little general" so the first 6 officers were easy broken into groups of 3. a psych professor once told me any body can remember anything if the repeat it to themselves 21 times in a row, repetition is key, hope that helps

Thanks alot man! Ill try this out tonight. Im all set on the rank stucture, I'v been a Police Explorer Cadet for almost 4 years now, we have a simlar ranking stucture as the Marine Corp.

C_Squash_D
03-19-11, 04:33 PM
1)To take charge of this post and all government property in view. <br />
2)To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or...