PDA

View Full Version : Tickets before shipping.

Krono87
01-22-11, 07:56 PM
I am new to the forums and am ashamed to be posting under these conditions but I need some advice. I am a enlisted as a reservist and set to ship to boot camp on March 7th. I have never had any police trouble aside from a few speeding tickets which unfortunately last night I added to. I got pulled over on the way to the ER with my girlfriend who was having an asthma attack. I was going about 11 over and the cop wrote me a speeding ticket for "Too fast for conditions". My next set of trouble came when I got home. Her car was overheating and I wasn't able to drive it. I had to go back out and took my motorcycle. I have no endorsement on my license yet I had just gotten it and don't drive it. I got stopped on my way to fill her prescription. It wasn't a better move on my part I understand but it was late and I needed to go a bit further to get to an open pharmacy. Now my question is will my enlistment contract be cancelled over those two tickets... is there any hope? Or am I stuck. I understand regardless of the situation I am at fault I was simply trying to do what I felt was best for my GF. Thanks for any input.

Lisa 23
01-22-11, 08:08 PM
How about telling us some about you by filling out your profile.
I know this is the Ask A Marine forum....but we're not recruiters here......go and talk with your recruiter ASAP!

Krono87
01-22-11, 08:10 PM
I wasn't able to get a hold of him today. I am pretty worried and was hoping to maybe get an answer or opinion prior to talking
To him. I'll be talking with him as soon as he calls me back. I will fill out my profile next. Thanks

Lisa 23
01-22-11, 08:12 PM
Your recuiter can best answer this for you than the Marines here can.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-22-11, 08:15 PM
1: Chill.

2: It's not the end of the world. However, as a LEO, MY first response to you would have been "THIS IS WHAT 911 IS FOR, AS WELL AS THOSE FUNNY LOOKING THINGS MANNED BY EMTS WITH PRETTY LIGHTS...THEY ARE CALLED 'AMBULANCES'." And yes I would have cited you anyway.

3: Chill.

4: Contact the recruiter, explain the situation, and go from there. My suggestion? Pay the cites and move on. If you wait for court it might come AFTER you go to Recruit Training, and then you really will be hosed.

5: Last bit..if you ride a bike, and were in the Marine Corps without the motorcycle endorsement, it would cost you a LOT more nowadays than just a citation. Guarantee you would lose a stripe and base driving priv's for at least 30 days. Get that fixed or STOP RIDING it.

Krono87
01-22-11, 08:25 PM
I greatly appreciate the advice I am trying to chill now. I am not upset about the citations as I was breaking the law. I do man up to my Mistakes. I was only concerned for my enlistment. She has no health insurance so we were hoping to make it there. Hindsight is 20/20 of course. As for the bike I honestly do not ride it because I haven't gotten the endorsement. I just was in a Situation without any other transportation and was going for her prescription.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-22-11, 08:26 PM
Fair enough, then. In the great scheme of things, it'll make a great story one day.

Good luck!!!

elliscraig12
01-22-11, 08:45 PM
How many times do you have to be asked to fill out your profile?