PDA

View Full Version : I earned my EGA

topless617
01-22-11, 06:21 PM
Hello all, Im back from the Island with my title, United States Marine!! It good to be done and back home.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask,

PFC Mangiapane

4th Battalion, Oscar Company, Plt. 4002.

gonzo4
01-22-11, 07:18 PM
Congrats

DrZ
01-22-11, 07:27 PM
Congrats Marine. Welcome to the family. I want to thank you for making yourself available to the Dep and Poolees here.

Semper Fi and again, Congratulations.

Lisa 23
01-22-11, 07:34 PM
Congrats on becoming a Marine :usmc:.....and welcome to the Marine Corps family!
Get in-touch with one of the mods and have them change your status from poolee to Marine.
Enjoy your leave home with family and friends.

Semper Fi Marine! :iwo:

kjohnson8824
01-22-11, 07:44 PM
I have a question, how was the chow at PI?

gkmoz
01-23-11, 11:22 AM
Did you know "rough Hands" from the poolee section ? she went in the same time as you to P.I..

Rocky C
01-23-11, 12:18 PM
Congrats Marine (Samantha).
Job well done !!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

soon2bMarine10
01-23-11, 12:35 PM
How was the moment of truth? I hear people get down there and spill their gut about stuff that they never told anyone! I just wanted to know what to expect. I have told my recruiter everything so i should be safe lol

Rough Hands
01-23-11, 12:46 PM
Mangiapane! It's too bad we didn't end up in the same platoon but we made it anyhow! Feels good to be off the Island, huh?

gkmoz
01-23-11, 12:49 PM
Did you know "rough Hands" from the poolee section ? she went in the same time as you to P.I..

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101448

I guess this answers my question plts. 4002 and 4003 S/F and congrats Marines ! welcome to the brotherhood/sisterhood. Moz 68-70 USMC :flag:

topless617
01-24-11, 12:35 AM
Yes, I knew Rough Hands, she was in my sister platoon. Wish she was over in my platoon, her DI's were worse than mine! haha.
The chow in boot camp is actually not bad at all. I was a double rat recruit because I was underweight, so I got plenty of food. But you get very small portions in my opinion if your not a double rat. Breakfast was my favorite. Lunch and dinner is usually some kind of meat, like chicken, beef, salisbury steaks, or some type of meat and noodle mix. It was all very good. My platoon wasnt allowed to have any of the goodies tho, like pudding and jello and chocolate milk.

Garner!!! Its amazing to be home and off that Island. It felt so weird leaving the Island, it was like. umm.. I feel like I'm breaking a rule leaving the Island, Im gonna get UA. haha.

Rough Hands
01-24-11, 04:24 AM
Garner!!! Its amazing to be home and off that Island. It felt so weird leaving the Island, it was like. umm.. I feel like I'm breaking a rule leaving the Island, Im gonna get UA. haha.

Tell me about it. I felt like I had to look over my shoulder everywhere I went once I was in Savannah.

Tbrown10
02-24-11, 02:34 PM
Congrats!

hbharrison
02-24-11, 06:06 PM
Congrats Marine

Semper Fi

SgtPetty
07-12-11, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the Brother/Sisterhood! Don't ever forget that!

Semper Fi! It's not just words or a saying!

Kingniceslice
07-12-11, 10:42 PM
Congratulations Marine! I will be a new DEPPER as soon as I receive my C.O.'S approval on the dependent waiver (wife) and I have gone to one IST and one SSGT circuit training PT days and I would like to know when the sickness stops if ever. Thanks!

Kingniceslice
08-13-11, 08:40 PM
Any advice on how to "start running and keep running"? It seems the obvious answer is to just do it but how often should I be running in preparation for Parris Island? I am sure most people would answer, "every day" but I have also heard that coming from not running but once a week, that can be bad for your body. Any tips on how to eat before running either? Thanks so much for any advice and congratulations on earning The Title (even if my congratulations is a little late). Semper Fidelis!

Lisa 23
08-13-11, 08:58 PM
Kingniceslice, try reading the site rules.

POOLEE/WANNABEE SITE RULES! Read FIRST!!!

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989&page=2

rufus1
08-13-11, 09:41 PM
Congratulation on the accomplishment of being one of the few. Believe me it will never exit your body the rest of your life - it is like being branded like cattle. But you are a member of a very select group of people with the special spirit inside them. Be glad you have it and always cherish it forever.

doc h fmf
08-14-11, 06:46 AM
Congrats Samantha And Goodluck In Your Marine Corps Career

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf