PDA

View Full Version : MCSF FAST Team B-Billet

Marine3451
01-22-11, 02:39 PM
Tried to run a search or this but got tired of reading thru all the boots asking about the A-billet option where you do security forces for 2 years and infantry for 3. What Im looking for is information on going Security Forces as an NCO upon re- enlistment specificly FAST team. I do a boring desk job right now and want to go do some high speed stuff for awhile. I already have a secret clearence and 1st class PFT/CFT and I will talk with my career planner about it but i like to go to him having already done my research. I'd appreciate whatever info I can get.

0351 Corporal
01-22-11, 05:34 PM
The career jammer's job is to get you the best deal on re-enlistment, tell him what you want, and he'll tell you if its possible. When I was in ITB (Infantry training batallion, now known as SOI) we had an NCO going through the training with us because he re-enlisted for an infantry billet like security forces. One good thing about it is they treat you like an NCO, and not like a regular boot. Its definitely possible, just talk to the jammer and he'll hook it up if he can.

hussaf
01-22-11, 06:21 PM
If you're not FAST, you're slow!!

jr4639039
01-27-11, 10:39 PM
why not lat move to the grunts. The likelyhood of you doing so "high speed" **** or actual combat are higher.

thewookie
01-27-11, 11:49 PM
Tried to run a search or this but got tired of reading thru all the boots asking about the A-billet option where you do security forces for 2 years and infantry for 3. What Im looking for is information on going Security Forces as an NCO upon re- enlistment specificly FAST team. I do a boring desk job right now and want to go do some high speed stuff for awhile. I already have a secret clearence and 1st class PFT/CFT and I will talk with my career planner about it but i like to go to him having already done my research. I'd appreciate whatever info I can get.

We had a guy I taught CQB with at MCSF Training Company who was originally a MP but reenlisted to go to FAST where he was OJT'd as an 03. Back then, you couldn't get into FAST w/out being and 03,, maybe that has changed, but I doubt it.

The learning curve is steep, and not forgiving, but you can do it. Then again, I don't know if they do that for eveyone; Miles was in the Battalion already, locked on, and very highly reccomended by many -- but it's possible. Just be ready to be treated as a boot again.