PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Gift Ideas

DudleyDoRight
01-19-11, 09:41 PM
My Son Graduates MCRD0-San Diego in Feb. . Our family is headed down for His Graduation. I've searched various Stores most of the gift ideas they have seam like cheap tokens for such an important moment in his life

What would you recommend as a graduation gift?

dhuntington
01-19-11, 09:54 PM
I'm getting 100 cigars and buying personalized bands with his grad date, plt # abd name. If you go to grunt.com they have quite a few very nice things that can be engraved also.

USNAviator
01-19-11, 09:59 PM
My Son Graduates MCRD0-San Diego in Feb. . Our family is headed down for His Graduation. I've searched various Stores most of the gift ideas they have seam like cheap tokens for such an important moment in his life

What would you recommend as a graduation gift?

I know it's old school but a watch, Marine Corps face with his initials and graduation date inscribed on the back. He may not wear it for long but it will be something he'll keep for the rest of his life. Just a thought

hbharrison
01-20-11, 03:23 AM
Look at www.grunt.com Sgt Grit they are on line all Marine goodies it is a start you may get some ideas there.

Supersquishy
01-20-11, 05:24 AM
A black G-shock watch, he will use it every day, thats of course he wears a watch.

Jarhead8692
01-26-11, 07:34 PM
Just like hbharrison said, check out http://grunt.com A lot of great stuff, they are out of Oklahoma. I've dealt with them in the past, and they even helped us with give-away/ door prizes.

I would suggest maybe a nice K-Bar(knife) or maybe something that can be engraved.
Semper Fi ! !

PNW
01-26-11, 09:27 PM
Depending on his MOS he might appreciate the MUT from Leatherman last time I checked it was around $130. We gave our son a USMC themed ring from Dunham Jewelry but you might be a little short on time to receive it by his graduation date. Congratulations.

JaysProudDad
02-20-11, 04:15 PM
Just like hbharrison said, check out http://grunt.com A lot of great stuff, they are out of Oklahoma. I've dealt with them in the past, and they even helped us with give-away/ door prizes.

I would suggest maybe a nice K-Bar(knife) or maybe something that can be engraved.
Semper Fi ! !

This is definately one of the top choices! I got a K-BAR engraved ( in the blood groove or on the leather handle) for my son thru grunt.com after he recently graduated and he loves it!! The idea is that it should be something that is considered a keepsake and a K-BAR will be with him forever!! The model I chose was USMC American Legend.
CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK!!

ggyoung
02-20-11, 04:23 PM
OMG Are boots with the bucket ring around there but getting gifts upon graduation from boot camp now. What next?

3043pog
02-21-11, 09:09 PM
A case of Guinness and a watch. The Corps. will provide everything else!

Quinbo
02-21-11, 10:04 PM
I reccomend getting him his own tank or maybe a self propelled 155 and throw in an osprey.

Realistically .... get him something that he can keep and use as a momento. Maybe something that could be passed on. A nice watch sounds cool. Marine Corps flag maybe. A framed 8X10 of you and him on graduation day perhaps. A hearty handshake and a nice supper.

Ray Merrell
02-26-11, 06:04 PM
I recommend a book, he can share with his buddies.
"My Three Years in the Marine Corps" by Ray Merrell
My personal memories of three years in the South Pacific WW II
Order from me, autographed for $15.00 (Includes postage)
Ray Merrell
827 Dixie
Liberty, Mo. 64068

Tracer4028
02-27-11, 07:02 AM
AAFES gift cards are great gifts for Marines no matter what the occasion. They can be used at the Exchange on base or to order items online.

https://shop.aafes.com/gcs/default.aspx

sparkie
02-27-11, 08:09 AM
I vote for the k-bar. If I had a vote.

Ray Merrell
03-19-11, 07:10 AM
A great gift!

A small Bible with a personal inscription written in it.
I have the one my Dad gave me in 1942, it survived 33
months in the South Pacific. It is my prized possession.

Gung Ho,

Ray