PDA

View Full Version : 2 tattoos

avazquez110
01-19-11, 05:33 PM
i have a neck tattoo thats about this size of 2 of my fingers on the back of my neck. its a chinese symbol that means honor and i also have a simple arm sleeve tat (i wouldnt see full sleeve because its only letters of my daughters name) and it stops bout 2 inches b4 my hand which really wont be visble wen wearing my uniform anyway do u think that i will be able to join the marines because im going to see the recruiter tomorrow and i dont want to waste mine or his time if there gunna tell me that im gunna be disquailfied or do i need some type of waiver signed to get in or should i have either or removed.. can someone please help me out with this because im very commited to join and dont want to get put down in front of the recruit thanks

DanM
01-19-11, 05:45 PM
You could try using the search function,it works and your question has been answered many times.

avazquez110
01-19-11, 05:51 PM
i did and it really dosnt say much about neck tats and the one on my arm is only 7 letters and in the policy it says only if i covers ur arm entirely means ur not able to..this is why im asking a marine the question because i feel u guys know better since your already in the corps

Old Marine
01-19-11, 06:19 PM
You are right, we know that right now the Marine Corps does not have a man power problem. Use the search function and you will find an answer to your question. This has been answered so many times it makes me dizzy. If you do not want to do the search go see the Rcruiter. No doubt that if it happens to come down to you or someone with zero tatoos, take a guess who the Recruiter will enlist.

avazquez110
01-19-11, 06:29 PM
Ok man I'm try my luck anyway but thanks for the help tho

SSgt Lamie
01-20-11, 08:09 AM
If you can cover the tattoo on your arm with your hand, fingers fully extended with thumb along sind of the palm, that one won't be an issue.

The one on your neck will be the big issue. On the back of your neck you have that one verterbrae that you can see, the C7. If the tattoo touches or goes above that you will require an exception to policy waiver which will rarely be approved.