PDA

View Full Version : 0231 Possible Clearance Issues?

TheeAntic
01-19-11, 05:30 PM
Hello Marines, I will try to keep this short and sweet but it may get a little lengthy. I apologize in advance for the novel.

Alright, I am attempting to get into Intelligence as my Mos. I am Open contract right now and want to lock in a job asap.

The only problem I might have would be with the clearance. I have 0 trouble with the law, proud of it.

What I may have a problem with is the substance use. I experimented with THC a few times during high school (I mean a few, less than 10 times). Now when I was filling the initial SF-86 form out with my recruiter before I swore in my recruiter was asking me all of this info and when he got to this, I explained my history.

I really did not keep track, it only happened sometimes when I went to parties and was always a result of peer pressure. I honestly don't like the stuff.

Well he replied with "Seeing as you want to go into intel, you have to have smoked 5 times or less. So what I heard is that you smoked 4 times from July 2008 to June 2009. I was kind of dumbfounded and just let it go. I swore in with that info, as I was told to by my recruiter.

Well, the real info would probably be 5ish times, once being during my senior year. So 2007-2010. 5 times.

When I get the new Sf-86 form for intel (if I decide to go this route and risk dq-ing), should I change this section to the correct answers?

Will this raise any flags?

And last but not least..god I'm going to get flamed for this, but will they polygraph me on this info?

I mean oddly enough if I leave the info the way it is it might actually make sense/not raise any flags for investigators. My parents thought that I had smoked during that time (even though I hadn't lol) and no one clued in during the rest of my life.

I know this must make me seem like some degenerate schmuck, but if I could undo what I did I would. I was..and well still am, a teenager. We do stupid things, a lot.

The difference is now I know what I am going to do with my life, and that what I used to do is now unacceptable. I have more than accepted it and me being a Poolee has given me the extra courage to say "No." on many occasions.

Your knowledge and advice is very much appreciated, and will help me make my decision for this Saturday.

Thank you, Semper Fi.

haebyungdae
01-20-11, 02:00 AM
When I took my polygraph a couple years back, they did not ask me about my past drug use. If you tell them you did it four times from this year to that year, no one will really ask you twice.

Have you been given a moral waiver yet for past drug use? If you have then just state what you stated in your enlistment paperwork.

SSgt Lamie
01-20-11, 08:15 AM
Your biggest concern right now should not be the Intel job. If you arrive at MCRD and they discover there that you experimented with THC more then what is in your paperwork your enlistment will be...

TheeAntic
01-20-11, 11:31 AM
If you arrive at MCRD and they discover there that you experimented with THC more then what is in your paperwork your enlistment will be deemed fraudulent

Sorry Staff Seargent, my mind was playing tricks on me. The initial dates and usage that were used in my Sf-86 are in fact correct.

I used THC 4 times in July 2008 to June 2009. I guess the nervousness of the situation and my druggie brain made me think otherwise, but my brother straightened me out last night.

No problems here.

elliscraig12
01-20-11, 02:16 PM
Sorry Staff Seargent, my mind was playing tricks on me. The initial dates and usage that were used in my Sf-86 are in fact correct.

I used THC 4 times in July 2008 to June 2009. I guess the nervousness of the situation and my druggie brain made me think otherwise, but my brother straightened me out last night.

No problems here.

Yes problem here.
1-My mind was playing tricks on me
2-My druggie brain made me think otherwise
All red flags that you're probably lying about your drug use.
3-My brother straitened me out last night
If it takes someone else to straighten you out about your drug use then you have a problem. Get your head straight so you can think on your own without the help of someone else. I would highly recommend another MOS. The way you're talking right now, yes "YOU HAVE A PROBLEM".

TheeAntic
01-20-11, 02:33 PM
Look, I was just overplaying the situation.

My mind does not play tricks on me, I am sane and have no mental disorders.

I'm not a druggie by any means, nor do I think like one. It was a (stupid) joke. I haven't been near the stuff in a year and change..I stopped when I started looking at the Marines.

I didn't think it wise to flat out say "I'm just going go stick to my story" aka lie, to a forum full of Marines.

But enough beating around the bush, after talking to my cousin (Staff Sgt Mathews) I am just going to stick to my story.

A difference of 1 time is not that big of a deal, to me at least..

I would not want to call out my recruiter like that, resulting in him getting in trouble for just trying to help me out.

Sorry for the confusion and stupidity in this thread..

slambert
01-22-11, 05:38 PM
Im an 0231. You dont get polygraphed. The moment of truth is BS in boot camp. Dont worry about it. They dont even check your SF-86 at the school. Some civilians who could care less do all the work with it. Not a big deal. Just dont do drugs retard.