PDA

View Full Version : Pic Comparison: 4 years after becoming a Poolee

AlohaMarine
01-18-11, 01:56 AM
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3039/imag0750.jpg

Poolee Pic was taken in the Fall of 2006, Dress Blues Pic was taken in the Fall of 2010.

I have a nice, close up pic of me in my Charlies the day I graduated boot camp. A good one. I will get in the same uniform on the day I EAS and snap a pic. Just for kicks.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 01:59 AM
That's pretty cool. "Before and after" LOL

AlohaMarine
01-18-11, 02:24 AM
I guess... sure was a dorky poolee...

wildwoman73
01-18-11, 04:49 AM
I guess... sure was a dorky poolee...lol that wasn't very nice. But...you do look much different. Look healthier of course.

Mongoose
01-18-11, 06:46 AM
I look at my bootcamp pic. in dress blues and note how impressive it looks. But under that pretty jacket we didnt have anything on but skivvies.

Mongoose
01-18-11, 07:12 AM
Billy, that is hilarious, but true...I remember at PI they had us take off our utility shirt, then put on this same dress blue jacket or blouse or whatever it's called, and take the photo, then get out of there and get back in formation......I never had dress blues during my whole four years, never once had them or wore them.
Same here. Never had any.

R Landry
01-18-11, 07:18 AM
I wonder how often they laundered those dress blue blouses and covers. Ugh, all those sweaty recruits hustling in and out of those platoon photo sessions.

Damned me for losing my platoon book!

hbharrison
01-18-11, 01:17 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::beer:

Zulu 36
01-18-11, 04:32 PM
lol that wasn't very nice. But...you do look much different. Look healthier of course.

You didn't know him when he was a Poolee.

BTW, Aloha, wasn't that you who put his recruiter's dress blue's blouse on and posted a pic of it here? :D

AlohaMarine
01-18-11, 04:36 PM
I didnt post a pic here. Accord did. He got it from another website.

Of course, that was after he had already sent the letter labeled

"SgtMaj of the Marine Corps"

With "How was Iraq?", "Youve killed alot of people?!?!" written all over the envelope and the picture taped to the outside.

My DIs loved me.

Zulu 36
01-18-11, 04:43 PM
I didnt post a pic here. Accord did. He got it from another website.

Of course, that was after he had already sent the letter labeled

"SgtMaj of the Marine Corps"

With "How was Iraq?", "Youve killed alot of people?!?!" written all over the envelope and the picture taped to the outside.

My DIs loved me.

It's been awhile, I knew you were involved somehow. Accord is quite the joker, eh? I remember there was a hell of a thread discussing whether that picture should be sent to your Drill Instructors or not.

I guess the "Yes" vote won. :scared:

Marine84
01-18-11, 05:06 PM
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3039/imag0750.jpg

Poolee Pic was taken in the Fall of 2006, Dress Blues Pic was taken in the Fall of 2010.

I have a nice, close up pic of me in my Charlies the day I graduated boot camp. A good one. I will get in the same uniform on the day I EAS and snap a pic. Just for kicks.

MATTHEW!!!!!! I kind of thought the new screen name was YOU but......................ACHPED is back y'all!!!! Good to see you back baby Brother!

My comment on the pics............you STILL a dork! LOL!

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 05:24 PM
LOL. My recruit pic is hideous, big ole honkin BC's on. The photog TOLD me to take them off but I said "No, noone will recognize me if I do.." Idiot. LOL.

AlohaMarine
01-19-11, 10:59 AM
MATTHEW!!!!!! I kind of thought the new screen name was YOU but......................ACHPED is back y'all!!!! Good to see you back baby Brother!

My comment on the pics............you STILL a dork! LOL!

Kim lol I know I know...

advanced
01-20-11, 06:46 AM
Great picture Cpl, you're a walking poster child for the Marine Corps.

Yeah, our dress blues picture at PI wasn't even a dress blues blouse, it was a front of the blouse, with no back and if I remember it fastened at the back of the neck. I had a black eye in mine (from training with my DI) but they retouched it very well, just my eye was half closed.

R Landry
01-20-11, 07:59 AM
For more depression, let's try comparing our poolie pictures with pictures taken 40 years after... ;)

advanced
01-20-11, 08:12 AM
For more depression, let's try comparing our poolie pictures with pictures taken 40 years after... ;)

I think I still look the same?

advanced
01-20-11, 08:18 AM
I think I still look the same?

I still can't find my glasses

wildwoman73
01-20-11, 08:38 AM
I know I still look the same. Only difference is I buy those carnival mirrors now.

Mongoose
01-20-11, 09:19 AM
I sure not going to say I havent changed. Now I look 34 instead of the 20 I was then. I thought for a while it was the mirror I was looking in. But I tried several different ones, and still looked in my mid 30s. S/F

advanced
01-20-11, 09:27 AM
I sure not going to say I havent changed. Now I look 34 instead of the 20 I was then. I thought for a while it was the mirror I was looking in. But I tried several different ones, and still looked in my mid 30s. S/F

Having seen you I would not have guessed a day over 30. Can you help me, I still can't find my damn glasses.

hbharrison
01-20-11, 09:29 AM
Yo Billy where you get them mirrors I could use one.

SGT7477
01-20-11, 09:35 AM
Ron when did they start using the word poolee, never heard of such a word until I got to Leatherneck,lol? Semper Fidelis.:flag:

Mongoose
01-20-11, 09:48 AM
Yo Billy where you get them mirrors I could use one.
I cant read this invoice. Its all blurry. Ill have to wait till Russ finds his glasses, so he can read it for me.

Phantom Blooper
01-20-11, 10:15 AM
Nice blues.....

Have you gotten any smarter over these four years?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

advanced
01-20-11, 10:22 AM
I still can't find them Billy, try squintin like a gook

AlohaMarine
01-22-11, 06:42 PM
Nice blues.....

Have you gotten any smarter over these four years?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Not any smarter. Just a little bit more reserved.

Marine84
01-24-11, 05:33 PM
Just a little bit more reserved.

Another way of saying married - LOL!

PB - he's married now. Married a really pretty girl, don't know what the hell she saw in him. I think she drinks a lot and hasn't sobered up yet - LOL!