PDA

View Full Version : Reenlistment Options - Just curious

invictus70
01-17-11, 11:09 PM
Ive looked online and havent been able to find really any cut and dry answers on this.

Heres my question, if someone is active duty, and then leaves the Marines for a few years.

-Can they get back in, and if so how hard is it, and whats it do to their rank?
-Do they go back in at the rank they were at the end of there previous enlistment?
-Also, what does it do to your timeline as far as retirement from Marines? Is it still 20 years active duty enables you to retire?

Ive read some peoples comments saying it can be difficult to get back in. But assuming your still in your twenties and healthy.. Can it be done?

Thanks for the help.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 01:49 AM
I have to wonder...you haven't even started your first enlistment yet and you are concerned about this?

Why?

Devil1087
01-18-11, 03:32 AM
yo invictus in speaking of reenlistment, I'll tell ya everything I know if you can ask your buddy in Security Forces about those 4 year contracts.

The jist of it is simple, depends on your health, and the needs of the Corps. Some dudes are forced to leave because they couldn't pick up rank even though the MOS was closed, etc, etc. They don't want to take a b billet and go MSG or recruit so they get forced out basically.

invictus70
01-18-11, 01:54 PM
I have to wonder...you haven't even started your first enlistment yet and you are concerned about this?

Why?

Because... Im interested? Wouldnt it be easier to just answer my question.. or better yet not even reply, then ask about why I am asking a question? I just want to know the in's and outs of the Marine Corps and want to know any and all future options. Yes, 'focus on earning the title first' and all that. But its never bad to have a plan, or idea of what you want to do for the long run. Or at least know what one's options are.

thewookie
01-18-11, 03:54 PM
Because... Im interested? Wouldnt it be easier to just answer my question.. or better yet not even reply, then ask about why I am asking a question? I just want to know the in's and outs of the Marine Corps and want to know any and all future options. Yes, 'focus on earning the title first' and all that. But its never bad to have a plan, or idea of what you want to do for the long run. Or at least know what one's options are.

You better shut your lips and lock your body, nasty. :mad:

WHO the fock are you?

Like you were told, focus on the short term, earn the title -- then worry about what you can or cannot do when and if you get out and want back in.

All these smart mouthed what if's... what if my sister had a pecker, she'd be my brother.

invictus70
01-18-11, 04:21 PM
You better shut your lips and lock your body, nasty. :mad:

WHO the fock are you?

Like you were told, focus on the short term, earn the title -- then worry about what you can or cannot do when and if you get out and want back in.

All these smart mouthed what if's... what if my sister had a pecker, she'd be my brother.

If you dont have anything helpful to say then please dont bother, simply wasting my time, as well as yours. Prior planning prevents poor performance, cant see where your walking if you spend all your time staring at your feet. Sir. :)

thewookie
01-18-11, 04:32 PM
If you dont have anything helpful to say then please dont bother, simply wasting my time, as well as yours. Prior planning prevents poor performance, cant see where your walking if you spend all your time staring at your feet. Sir. :)

You think you are smart,, well, at least get your facts straight you punk -- it is Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Pi-ss Poor Performance. You little wanna bee sh it.

Those are the seven p's -- someday when you are no longer a wanna beee you might be tested on that.

I hope your DI's destroy you,, totally destroy you and make you cry.

invictus70
01-18-11, 04:42 PM
You think you are smart,, well, at least get your facts straight you punk -- it is Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Pi-ss Poor Performance. You little sh it.

Those are the seven p's -- someday when you are no longer a wanna beee you might be tested on that.

I hope your DI's destroy you,, totally destroy you and make you cry.

I can only hope im as smart as you one day. :banana:
Not trying to be rude, but once again.. im looking for an answer to my question. If you wouldnt mind answering it for me.. or simply annoying someone else, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

thewookie
01-18-11, 04:44 PM
I can only hope im as smart as you one day. :banana:
Not trying to be rude, but once again.. im looking for an answer to my question. If you wouldnt mind answering it for me.. or simply annoying someone else, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

You were given an answer to your question. Earn the title first, and go pound sand.

Don't forget, you are a guest here, didn't your momma and daddy teach you any manners -- don't wear out your welcome thinking you can be smart cause you are online.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 05:12 PM
And the black helos are now inbound. While you still CAN, go read, then re-read, the site rules.

And goodbye. We'll start with a week and work from there.

Jackasspunkery has no place here.

Marine3451
01-18-11, 05:30 PM
Poolee I want to point out that if you bothered to look at profiles you would see your being disrespectful to 2 Sergeants. Let me explain to you how the Marine Corps works here and maybe save you a...

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 07:29 PM
Congrats to 'invictus' who just got banned forever for being an insolent twit and deciding he was going to disregard site rules. And come back as another user name.

Complete fuvktardery not tolerated. Go enlist in the army, they like that sort of thing.

Brau0318
01-18-11, 08:56 PM
WOW! I had a few kids like that in my boot platoon I can't remember what day the D.I's are allowed to start I.T but I remember them coming back, I've never seen a guy cry that hard, ever. It's was pathedic, hilarious, and satisfying all at the sametime.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 09:03 PM
He'll probably, if he ever makes it that far, be either a 'mental' drop, a 'fail to adapt/train' drop, or a chronic bedwetter.

Marine84
01-18-11, 09:17 PM
LOL! I love you guys!

Devil1087
01-18-11, 11:29 PM
I don't, I wanted to know if I could go home for 4 years with Security Forces, godammit... that would've been the tits. Good going guys... now this kid is never coming back to tell me who the fvck his friend at bangor is...

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 11:32 PM
Sorry bro....he was totally out of line. I'm not going to let some wannabee punk talk to me like I'm an idiot or some kid from da hoooood.

Did you talk to your 'jammer about SF?

Devil1087
01-18-11, 11:34 PM
They don't know balls about it, I'm thinking MSG or something to hopefully see the world. Wouldn't mind being close to home though. It might have been a rumor about 4 years in SF but it'd be worth it to investigate and see if it's going to be an option in the future.

And dude, he just wanted to know what he could expect from the Marine Corps in terms of re-enlistment. Would you want him coming into the Marine Corps expecting to do 20 years in? A lot of guys get forced out and go to the Army because promotions are typically going to happen faster. Less sh*tbirds makes everyone's jobs easier..

Sgt Leprechaun
01-18-11, 11:36 PM
Likely as not they don't, you are right. Those programs change up all the time, sometimes even by quarter. Depends on how many Marines they need, and where.

You know what you might do is contact MCSFC direct. Call the 1stSgt at the 'det. Hey, it's worth a try if nothing else works.

MSG from what I understand is good duty.

thewookie
01-19-11, 07:41 AM
And dude, he just wanted to know what he could expect from the Marine Corps in terms of re-enlistment.

I think if his tone was a little different in the begining then he might have gotten more constructive answers. I mean, dude, the kid is in HS -- what value/purpose is there to get answers for a moving target that is many years down the road.

What do you need to know about SF? 4 year contracts - are you in the fleet now and going to reenlist to go there?

You are better off talking to the source, IE call the schoolhouse/career jammer, rather than talk to a HS kid getting second hand info from his BFF.